News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Mini is mean. Unlike myself, loyal, lovable and kind. :hypocrite:

Today is kicking my tail, much as I suspected it would. But we are slogging through it..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: dnr1128 on October 17, 2020, 12:09:03 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 16, 2020, 04:12:29 AMI like it better when it's light outside later. I dread when they change the time & it gets dark by 6.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if DST was made permanent. 

Permanent as in don't make it change in Nov so it gets dark?
Or permanent as in keep it dark early?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

@Work. Didn't realize it was so close to lunch, but I'm already snacking so I think that'll wait for later. Oops. :)

Tonight is Naan pizza night. I finally managed to find the sausage Jeremy wanted for his pizza after several trips to grocery pickups. I ended up having to go to our local Kroger (instead of the one that does pickups) and picking it up myself.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's a pretty day, just kinda warm & humid.

Roscoe

:hi:
Back at work. Got two welcome calls...I found, at our local Amish store/farmer's market on Petit Jean, an AMAZING chow-chow the other day. I'm a sucker for chowchow, relishes and sauces of all types. I cleaned out the jar I bought as a test within the week- it was awesome. I went back Saturday- sold out. But they took my number down and passed it along to the maker. No idea if the maker is Amish and calling from their little booth, or if they are just old fashion country folk, but they called a minute ago. In my weakness, I ordered half a case.
And then I get the call that Sam's starter, after over a month of waiting, is repaired. I get to pick it up tonight.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on October 20, 2020, 04:58:13 PM:hi:
Back at work. Got two welcome calls...I found, at our local Amish store/farmer's market on Petit Jean, an AMAZING chow-chow the other day. I'm a sucker for chowchow, relishes and sauces of all types. I cleaned out the jar I bought as a test within the week- it was awesome. I went back Saturday- sold out. But they took my number down and passed it along to the maker. No idea if the maker is Amish and calling from their little booth, or if they are just old fashion country folk, but they called a minute ago. In my weakness, I ordered half a case.
And then I get the call that Sam's starter, after over a month of waiting, is repaired. I get to pick it up tonight.

Jeremy's grandpa makes his own. He makes a normal and then a spicy. I have never tried it.. but Jeremy LOVES it. Uses homegrown peppers.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 20, 2020, 06:19:33 PMWhat the heck is chow chow?

Im with you on this.  I thought a chow chow was a dog...  :eyebrow:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Chow chow is a style of relish made primarily of chopped cabbage, onions, and other spices, and pickled. It is phenomenal when paired with pinto beans, or as a relish on sandwiches. Some varieties use green tomatoes as well, but around here, it's mainly just cabbage, onions and such. You can get it hot or mild...I generally go with mild, since I'm not real big on heat anymore. Funny, I used to love it.

dnr1128

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 20, 2020, 02:49:11 PM
Quote from: dnr1128 on October 17, 2020, 12:09:03 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 16, 2020, 04:12:29 AMI like it better when it's light outside later. I dread when they change the time & it gets dark by 6.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if DST was made permanent. 

Permanent as in don't make it change in Nov so it gets dark?

Don't fall back to standard time. 

I despise it being dark at 530pm
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 20, 2020, 02:49:11 PMPermanent as in don't make it change in Nov so it gets dark?
Either way. Just set a time and LEAVE IT! All this jumping back and forth is hard on the heart. Proven fact. Heart attacks go up ten percent on DST day. (The one in spring, not the one in fall.)

Quote from: Roscoe on October 20, 2020, 08:58:15 PMYou can get it hot or mild...I generally go with mild, since I'm not real big on heat anymore. Funny, I used to love it.
I could make a comment about Bobby getting old, but... I have never heard of this before. Somebody who used to love hot stuff, not liking it any more? This is a new one on me. Usually when people get older they like HOTTER stuff, I think because they have done burnt their mouths out.

Well, strike one of the ways you're like my uncle Fred. No matter though, there are still lots of other similarities.

As this is something new to me, I have to ask - do you have any theories on why you no longer like spicy food? Or is it just something that gradually happened and you have no idea why?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

dnr1128

Quote from: Lynx on October 21, 2020, 09:17:54 AMEither way. Just set a time and LEAVE IT! All this jumping back and forth is hard on the heart. Proven fact. Heart attacks go up ten percent on DST day. (The one in spring, not the one in fall.)

No kidding.  Leave it along, for cryin' out loud. 

Today is somewhat of a slow day with work.  Catching up on some YouTube during the downtime.
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Roscoe

I am experiencing the opposite, DNR.    Today has been steady and a tad hectic. Had to seriously grab my Christian love and compassion, starting at 730 this morning when a moron got between me and my iced coffee at the coffee shop, nearly hitting me, and didn't have the decency to even mouth an apology. He MAY have heard me yell Moron along with the horn blow.
I would say I repented, but since true repentance equals turning away, I can't say that I fit that, as if he cuts me off tomorrow I'll likely react the same way.

Then I had to serve papers on a n inmate from another county, who apparently disliked me because I was, surprise, wearing a uniform. Once again- "Create a clean heart within me oh lord, and renew a right spirit" (cause this spirit done took a left turn)

And 1) Chow Chow is amazing
2) I don't know why hot foods now give me indigestion
3)I am old and admit it. But I am still angry for getting "eharmony SENIORS" emails when I've never looked at a singles site in my life, have been happily married for 17 years, and AM NOT SENIOR.

Lynx

Ah, indigestion. That explains it. I knew there had to be some factor other than "I just don't like hot food anymore." I've never known anybody who enjoys painful... er, spicy food to suddenly just decide he doesn't like it now.

And JenN, chow-chow might be more recognizable as the pickled cabbage you get with a sushi roll. In fact there's all kinds of chow-chow, under different names, but all pickled cabbage. Maybe try some seiyo-wasabi with it?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@work finishing payroll.

My cousin had a sweet baby boy five weeks ago. He's been having issues sleeping, screaming/crying, and not gaining any weight in those five weeks. They took him to Children's in Little Rock today and he has been admitted for testing. Please pray for them to find the issue and that he will be healed. Also please pray for the parents (and grandparents, etc) that God would give them peace as well. My cousin is the only one allowed in with him due to COVID. She's really struggling with blaming herself for not going sooner.

I can't remember if I posted earlier this summer about a family that I knew originally from IL, who pastored in Arkansas for a while, and then moved to TX to pastor. They lost their lives to COVID this summer. They now have several extended family members extremely ill with this virus. One couple just had a baby and are not allowed to even hold their baby due to being COVID+.  The families are: Pendergrass, Harris, Whitman, and Simmons. They are needing miracles tonight. A couple of them have been admitted into the hospital so far and one is on a ventilator.

Roscoe

Good Morning.
Nelle, praying for them..

I've dragged myself into the office. Listening to the Crabb Family trying to get my mind straight... Went to a little local hole in the wall diner yesterday. Decent food and they had my weakness- fried pies. I ordered a coconut cream one and didn't eat it yesterday so I have warmed it for breakfast, along with a huge cup of iced coffee. Maybe that'll shock the system enough to get me moving.

Nelle

@Work. Haven't heard any updates on Fintley (cousin's baby) yet today.

Work is getting crazy this week as it is supposed to be winding down.. thanks again Covid! lol.. One more electrician is sick now (he's the FIL to one of the other electricians that got sick over the weekend). Now the parents of the original electrician (who also work here.. family-owned) are taking off today & tomorrow to play it safe until they hopefully actually get tested this time. Their daughter was sick with this last month before she had her baby, and they didn't get tested after telling us for days that they were getting tested that weekend. SO.. Let's hope. :) It'd be nice to know one way or another for sure. Meanwhile.. I need to do her closeout work on a project as well as mine. :) I'm smiling.. I promise.. LOL.

Roscoe

We were just informed that we will be taking covid "rapid test" every week soon. Apparently it is a new test swap that  just swabs the inside of the nose and will render results in 15 minutes. The hypochondriac in me likes this.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's hot. Almost 90*. Then next week is supposed to have a cold front. Crazy weather can't make up its mind what season this is.

mini

It was 70 here this morning in Okieland.  And its supposed to be 50 by lunch...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Our church is having Harvest Fest. Outside. Tomorrow night. Despite Covid, the church wanted to, and figured outside wouldn't be a problem. So we rented a inflatable slide for the kids and are gonna have a cake walk, ect. So, of course, it HAS to have a cold front come through.

dnr1128

Quote from: Nelle on October 21, 2020, 10:34:58 PMI can't remember if I posted earlier this summer about a family that I knew originally from IL, who pastored in Arkansas for a while, and then moved to TX to pastor. They lost their lives to COVID this summer. They now have several extended family members extremely ill with this virus. One couple just had a baby and are not allowed to even hold their baby due to being COVID+.  The families are: Pendergrass, Harris, Whitman, and Simmons. They are needing miracles tonight. A couple of them have been admitted into the hospital so far and one is on a ventilator.

Jeff and Valerie Sanders?

Their eldest son is one of my dearest friends.

Roscoe

:hi:
It's cold here. At least it is to me. Got up this morning and went to Petit Jean to pick up my Chow chow. I then stopped and bought a new battery for Sam too. Somehow, I got talked into taking the Rusty truck next Saturday morning to a Hot Air Balloon event promoting the Farmer's Market on Petit Jean. Apparently they have news stations and a "driving Arkansas" type show or some such going to be there, and the famer's market organizer wants Rusty for pics as he "fits the style of our market". He said that the local Chamber of Commerce is also producing a tourism brochure/spot for the area as well, and asked if I'd mind Rusty being in that.  I laughed and told them I didn't mind at all , if he was sure an old, none restored truck fit the mold. I also offered to drive Sam up, depending on him being back on the road...
Then I went by and helped set up at the church for tonight. At home resting now- will head back to the church in a few.

Nelle

Quote from: dnr1128 on October 24, 2020, 02:22:25 AM
Quote from: Nelle on October 21, 2020, 10:34:58 PMI can't remember if I posted earlier this summer about a family that I knew originally from IL, who pastored in Arkansas for a while, and then moved to TX to pastor. They lost their lives to COVID this summer. They now have several extended family members extremely ill with this virus. One couple just had a baby and are not allowed to even hold their baby due to being COVID+.  The families are: Pendergrass, Harris, Whitman, and Simmons. They are needing miracles tonight. A couple of them have been admitted into the hospital so far and one is on a ventilator.

Jeff and Valerie Sanders?

Their eldest son is one of my dearest friends.

Yes! Andrew and Loren are some of the sweetest! Tara and I were in college together for a year or so.

They have since updated on Brandon Pendergrass. They had taken him to Barnes and he was doing a little better. Thankful for positive updates on people experiencing this virus. He was able to respond by wiggling his fingers when requested.