News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

@Work. I was in a really good mood this AM. This was Day 2 of waking up with no headache. State of IL handled that speedily when I got to work.

They're "making this easier" for me.. by making me enter the same info you asked for in a yearly audit... every single week. Thanks. I'd rather get it done one week a year... than every single week. So not happy. Ugh.  They have "help" for every screen of inputting the data... but no "help" for the early setup of each contract. Great idea. LOL. It's such a sarcastic laugh. I've got to plug away at this to get this setup tho.. b/c another contract that this applies to is getting ready to start and I'll have a new one to do soon anyway.

Roscoe

One day down. One to go before a day off. People found my buttons today,too.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

My department manager called off sick today with flu like symptoms so I got called in to work early. Came home from work with headache and nausea myself.  :sadbounce:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's nice to go visit folks but it's really good to get back to your own bed. ;)

Lynx

Nelle, Bobby, BSR: That's three people in a row who came home with bad effects from w*rk. 

I keep telling y'all, w*rk can be a killer.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 10, 2020, 11:05:29 AMNelle, Bobby, BSR: That's three people in a row who came home with bad effects from w*rk. 

I keep telling y'all, w*rk can be a killer.
But to not go is a killer, too. Although, admittedly, it would take a while, I do not fancy starving to death. :laughhard:
And fuzz, I agree. I look forward to vacations but by night four or five, I wanna be home. That might be different if I ever finagle my way into a good reliable motorhome and can take my bed with me. And my dogs....
And man, the melatonin worked a bit well last night. I slept the sleep of the dead until 7:05, had to rush to make it to work on time.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I'm so so so so sosososososososo thankful that tomorrow is a day off work.. Hopefully myself and my veteran get to stay at home being veggies, haha. I have to get some housework done obviously, but I know the cats will demand some lap time. I'll have to oblige them..

@Work. My sinus/cold issues hit with a vengeance today. Took some medicine so hopefully that nips it in the bud. I might have to get some of my high powered allergy meds tonight to get it back down to a low hum. I try not to take too much of the "D" meds.. so I went back to Zyrtec when the allergy side seemed to chill out some.

Roscoe

Lord. Today was- another Monday. Have a coworker in Vegas right now.. of course, the police in the adjoining county choose this weekend to arrest one of her offenders on a warrant for sexual matters, which means a metric ton of paperwork that has to be done. And since she is out, the boss, and burden, fell on me. So three hours worth of work later, I did all required paperwork, including the small bit that I COULD'VE left for her. She so owes me- I hope she wins big in Vegas, because she's promised if she does to  give me $40k. Is it wrong for me to pray for her gambling habit?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

It takes me about a week to feel like myself after I take a trip. There's no place like home.

Roscoe

Well. Slept in, went out and cut some of the old rusty floorboard on Sam...came in and ordered two patch panels I am going to need, and hope they come in while Lou is at work.
And Chey set up a howl for "sage"- what she calls chicken dressing. She's called it that since she was a kiddo. So, being the kind daddy I am, I boiled chicken, made cornbread, and went to work mixing up a batch of "sage" for her. She was asking how you know what to put in and how much- all I could say is "taste and see what it needs". A dash of this, a pinch of that, a dollop of another- heck, I cook like my mama did. A measuring cup is a suggestion. LOL

Lynx

Funny she calls it sage... when I was a kid I loved sage, and always bugged mom to put more sage in whenever she made chicken-and-dressing.

One day she got fed up with it, so she dumped a small amount of dressing in a separate bowl and let me put as much sage as I wanted. And she made me eat it after it was cooked. And that solved her problem and taught me a lesson, to wit: In all things, moderation.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work. Slightly annoyed, as I went by the donut shop for a cup of my iced coffee- I allow myself that pleasure a couple times a week- and the line was so backed up I could not get in the drive.
And idiots be calling before 8 am. I don't answer the phone before 8 am. Period. They will wait.

Nelle

@Work, but barely.

I've had allergy/sinus issues for at least a good month or so. This week they finally got worse.. and I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection or nearly one. I got an appointment to see the doctor on Friday, but then they called me yesterday (while I was off work.. dying lol) and told me that I had to be COVID tested before they would see me. So.. I went to get tested yesterday and it's a call-ahead drive-thru clinic. It had been 2-3 hours since that conversation, and they had not sent over my pre-registration information yet. Frustrating. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll hear back about the test, so I'll know if I have COVID or if I get to see my doctor to get meds to help me get better faster, haha. Haven't been sleeping well of course either. Jeremy talked me into taking Nyquil (liquid) last night, and that stuff does NOT work on me. I didn't really feel any better and I definitely didn't sleep any better. It was such a gross tasting medicine too. I grabbed the pills out of the cabinet this morning and I've taken the Dayquil today in pill form. They're large, but I don't have to taste them at least.

Roscoe

Made it through most of the day. About an hour left. I must confess, despite not being superstitious, a tad bit of concern to realize tomorrow is Friday the 13th. In 2020. As bad as this year is, we might be hit by an asteroid. Or maybe the bad things will cancel  themselves out. LOL
Lou had a tooth pulled today, so she's requested Chey make grilled cheese and me to pick up some soup.
I just wanna get home. Nearly two weeks ago I ordered a cd of Billy Joe Shaver's gospel music (he was a very redneck outlaw country singer in my youth, and I would've been beaten had my mama knew I listened to him). I was overjoyed to find he had actually done a gospel album, so I ebaye'd it. Of course, I wanted it so it took the scenic route to me. It was just delivered today.

Lynx

Is he as good as James Payne?

(I got all James' albums now. I blame you.)
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 13, 2020, 11:49:15 AMIs he as good as James Payne?

(I got all James' albums now. I blame you.)
LOL. I don't know. Billy Joe is an acquired taste. I like it though. More "honky tonk" style than James.
Made it through the day. Came home, sat down and did the bills, and began to weep. So much for extra money. :laughhard:

Backseat Radio

Walmart has been loaded with people shopping today's big sale. I fear its going to mean an upswing in virus cases which we really don't need.

Roscoe

I have done very little today. Woke up early, like 4 am, and couldn't go back to sleep. Prayed and read the bible a bit...did a bit more studying on Sam and the next move for him. Drove the 'vette and prepared it for the next move.  Smoked a 4 lb pork loin to perfection, but other than that it's been a lazy day.

Backseat Radio

Tomorrow is my day to do very little. I still get Sundays off from work and since I no longer have a home church I'll spend the day relaxing.

Roscoe

:hi:
Slept in, then went to church. Now in the pre-dread stage for tomorrow...

Lynx

Pre-dread stage? How does that function? You know that soon you will be dreading going back to w*rk Monday, so you are dreading the time you will spend dreading returning to w*rk?
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work. Missed Friday due to not feeling that great and finally getting to go to the doctor appointment! I do have a sinus infection - no COVID. Now I'm on antibiotics. While I know I'm better than I was a week ago.. I am definitely not well lol.

Roscoe

Yes. Pre dread is where I start every week. Pre-dread stage where I dread knowing I am going to dread the workday; Dread stage, where I hate the idea of getting up (it starts when the alarm goes off); Actual agony of being at work and dealing with stupid people; Begin looking forward to weekend around Wednesday, the half way point; Thursday, back to dread; Friday is usually home visit day and a carefree time. Then we are at the weekend, and start the phase all over again Sunday night. :laughhard:

It would be much worse if I disliked my job. I like it. I'm just lazy.

Backseat Radio

The virus is making its way through my department. My Department Manager is currently sick. One of my other coworkers called off today. I'm at work but having waves of headachy nausea.