News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on October 12, 2020, 05:11:32 PM:hi:
 Been busy today.
God may have moved in Lou's situation- she has possibly been offered a job at the neighboring county as a dispatcher...salary equal to what she currently makes, two 8 hour shifts and 2 twelve hour shifts, off Fri, Sat, and Sunday. She is going to go speak with the head dispatcher Wednesday, but the head dispatcher has already told me if she wants it, all she has to do is say the word..

Woooo! Pass the offering plate!! Wooooo weee!

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on October 09, 2020, 07:34:48 PMJust one hour of work left for the week. Jeremy's off this weekend plus Monday & Tuesday. We are going to the bank on Tuesday to set up a savings account as long as I can get an appointment still. I'm not off on Monday OR Tuesday.. so off to work I go. lol

You can do that online can't you? lol

Quote from: Roscoe on October 12, 2020, 05:11:32 PM:hi:
 Been busy today.
God may have moved in Lou's situation- she has possibly been offered a job at the neighboring county as a dispatcher...salary equal to what she currently makes, two 8 hour shifts and 2 twelve hour shifts, off Fri, Sat, and Sunday. She is going to go speak with the head dispatcher Wednesday, but the head dispatcher has already told me if she wants it, all she has to do is say the word..

That's awesome!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

I sent this to Roscoe this morning.

Good morning.

Or as we said in the old country, "Blaguer snoting snootin."  It meant "I hope your nose doesn't drip," which now that I think about it is a rather weird greeting.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 13, 2020, 10:23:38 PM
Quote from: Nelle on October 09, 2020, 07:34:48 PMJust one hour of work left for the week. Jeremy's off this weekend plus Monday & Tuesday. We are going to the bank on Tuesday to set up a savings account as long as I can get an appointment still. I'm not off on Monday OR Tuesday.. so off to work I go. lol

You can do that online can't you? lol

Not with our bank unfortunately. It's easier than opening a new account since we already had a checking, but you can't create accounts at ours online here. It's not a national chain tho.

@Work. I don't wanna be.. LOL. At least Jeremy finally got off vacation days and is back at work today finallyyyyy. I prepped tonight's supper last night so at least tonight should be a little less hectic. I didn't eat supper last night until 10pm hahaha. It was such a long day.. bank, then work, then grocery pickups, then putting away alllll of that, made pumpkin muffins, prepped tonight's supper, and then baked our supper. I was exhausted. LOL.

Roscoe

Hello. Been busier than the proverbial one armed paperhanger the last couple days. I may have mentioned before- my other firearms instructor in my area for probation/parole had a death in the family, rendering him unable to conduct qualifications.
So, I had to juggle things, contact a ton of offenders, and go yesterday and today to qualify around 15 officers.
 And of course some had gun problems, so I had to drive extra for parts and fix their weapons.
Then to do all the paperwork and word an email politely and correctly to let my boss know - "this dude (or dudette) couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle" without specifically stating that, for legal reasons.
And tomorrow will be another ton, and then qualify my last batch in the morning Friday Morning. I told my boss if we are fully staffed, once I get done with the range Friday, I'm taking the rest of the day.

And I have also fractured my budget- on lunch I splurged and spent nearly $30 for John Grisham's newest book. I couldn't wait to get it. Now, to go home and get ready for church and teach bible study/sunday school, as my assistant is sick.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

dnr1128

Quote from: Roscoe on October 14, 2020, 09:02:14 PMAnd I have also fractured my budget- on lunch I splurged and spent nearly $30 for John Grisham's newest book. I couldn't wait to get it.

I've never read any of his books.  Are they worth the time?
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Lynx

Depends what you like. He wrote a few books that were made into movies, including The Firm. He started as a lawyer, and many of his books have protagonist lawyers or are set in legal environments.

It's basically James Bond in the Hunt For Red October, if Bond was a lawyer, and if he didn't have so many fancy gadgets to get him out of a jam.

Yeah, that confused me too, but it's as close as I can get.

After a decade or so he branched out into other venues - the beach, Italy, small town sports, etc. - but he still puts out legal thrillers all the time.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

His legal thrillers are the best in the genre. Wasn't a huge fan of his none- legal books. He's an excellent writer. My all time favorite though , is probably the one that brought him to the dance so to speak. "A Time to Kill".
This new one, "A Time for Mercy" is set in the same town, with many of the same characters, so it's almost like coming home. Almost completed it- it's nearly as good as a Time to Kill in my mind.

Church went last night. Seemed like despite teaching the lesson (we teach Sunday school on Wednesday night, I know that's confusing), I felt like I was in left field. Made it through though and no one threw rotten tomatoes at me.
 Now, I'm back at work and looking forward to tomorrow. If I can get through today, I will qualify my last three or four stragglers tomorrow and then the boss said I can take the day off.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I love all of Grisham's books except one. I can't remember the name of it now.. but it was SOOOO thick with legalese that I kept skipping pages. It was just too in depth for the readers I believe. I own all his books tho.. except that newest one, LOL. I haven't read the past two I've purchased tho. I need to sit down and read them sometime soon. I keep holding them back for trips, but then I never have time to read them on the trips.

Who knew me and Roscoe had something in common!! lol

also.. still @work. It's cold and rainy here today.

MsJennJenn

Work and such. Going to STL again next week for work.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

dnr1128

Today started my busy season.  Thirteen hours later, I'm finally done for the day.
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

The Purple Fuzzy

I like it better when it's light outside later. I dread when they change the time & it gets dark by 6.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been a busy day. I went to some yard sales this morning, then went with Chel to get feed this afternoon. Replanted some Texas sage etc. I'm sitting in my chair now.

dnr1128

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 16, 2020, 04:12:29 AMI like it better when it's light outside later. I dread when they change the time & it gets dark by 6.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if DST was made permanent. 

Roscoe

Shew. Took off a bit early today- not as early as I had hoped, but still, going home around 1230 ain't bad. Went and discovered that Sam's starter STILL isn't ready. We're at just over a month waiting. But when you are dealing with 68 year old parts, you don't have alot of choice in the matter- you go with who can fix them and wait patiently. Or, in my case, impatiently.
Gonna try to enjoy the weekend. List of things to do, but it all depends on the weather tomorrow. And I'm in favor of permanent DST, too.

mini

Last time it was this quiet in here Roscoe was up to something...

:ugly:

dnr1128

Roscoe

Has been for a while, unfortunately. Everyone quit coming around. :sadbounce:
 And Mini, I am innocent- both "last time" as alleged and now. :hypocrite:
Went to church. Preached. Had a new couple show up, was very pleased for that. They seemed to really enjoy the service.
Tomorrow is the beginning of another week- one that is guaranteed to be busy for me. Next weekend, I got buffaloed into agreeing for the church to have a harvest fest, out doors with plenty of distancing.  So, next weekend- baking and that. The following weekend will be spending all evening on the 31 doing home visits on sex offenders. Bah.

Lynx

Quote from: dnr1128 on October 18, 2020, 09:08:12 PMThis site is a ghost town. 
Well it's getting close to Halloween... let the ghosts fly!

I don't talk unless I have something to say. So I don't say much.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning. My work email is exceedingly slow this morning. Not good. And I have a ton to do..:pound:

Nelle

@Work. Had a rough day yesterday but I am feeling better today. (Sinus headache and pressure, etc)

Had two other coworkers test positive for COVID over the weekend. They were in and out of the office working on stuff, but they are electricians so not too much contact with us.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

The Purple Fuzzy