Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Paris is barely in Texas. ;)
Doesn't seem like the Pickard's could have already been there that long.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 30, 2024, 04:42:00 PMParis is barely in Texas. ;)
Doesn't seem like the Pickard's could have already been there that long.
Ugh! I don't like to think about that.

The pastor's son used to be the little brat I had to dodge as he ran through the church halls. Now he's a preacher and going to college. I'm proud of the man, but I don't like to think about what that means for my age.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's pretty today and 76*. Someone said we would be in the teens again on the second week of February. :o
That is not what I want

Roscoe

Well. Did not feel great yesterday so I took off and spent all day in my recliner. Taught bible study last night on salvation. Good response, a couple of folks saying they understood now and wanted to be baptized. I was overjoyed.
Back at work today, where the IT division has proven to not be my friend. They installed a new secure print system recently that made us put our employee number into the printer for every print job. Exasperating and time consuming. However, they mistakenly left a back door opened and I found a way to access the printer without going through their system, so for the last few months I've been gleefully continuing my work without their stupidity.
They caught me apparently. They removed the driver for my printer and as they have the system locked where we can't download programs without their clearance, I'm stuck using their system. Pains.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Don't worry.. I'm at work. Been here all week. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. :)

Finally got the contribution statements ready and started distributing last night. So NOW I'll finally be able to either... work at work on Saturday or work on our cluttered home. I'm really preferring the second option.

So much going on drama-wise. Jeremy's work is frustrating in many ways, haha. I went from only having iron issues (which seem to be corrected by taking an iron pill daily), to now having low potassium and high glucose. I'm not diabetic, but I have to really get things in check or I could be. You know how that is.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 01, 2024, 02:18:32 PMWell. Did not feel great yesterday so I took off and spent all day in my recliner. Taught bible study last night on salvation. Good response, a couple of folks saying they understood now and wanted to be baptized. I was overjoyed.
Back at work today, where the IT division has proven to not be my friend. They installed a new secure print system recently that made us put our employee number into the printer for every print job. Exasperating and time consuming. However, they mistakenly left a back door opened and I found a way to access the printer without going through their system, so for the last few months I've been gleefully continuing my work without their stupidity.
They caught me apparently. They removed the driver for my printer and as they have the system locked where we can't download programs without their clearance, I'm stuck using their system. Pains.  :laughhard:
They have a lot of problems with illicit printing?

Sorry, I'm trying to figure out why they would go to so much trouble to keep people from using up (gasp!) ink and paper. It's not as though either is expensive or in short supply.

It's like storing pencils in Fort Knox. Sure they're safe, but why THIS much effort to safeguard something so cheap?

I'm guessing they put a measure in to prevent you carrying the driver in on a USB flash drive, but if I was there I'd still try it just to see.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

I would also try bringing my own laptop with printer driver for print jobs. Just because I hate inane restrictions.

Sensible restrictions I can tolerate. Inane ones chafe my spirit something terrible.

As cheap as printers are, I might be tempted to bring in my own, just so I could thumb my nose at their keypad.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Beautiful day. Still not 100%. Hiding in my office. Eating two pieces of pizza which is doubtless more calories than my diet allows. I don't care.
Ready for the weekend- why I don't know. Work-ish day at church tomorrow, church Sunday, Monday meet with CPA re: the bloodsucking leeches with three initials ending in "RS" and I NEED to go to Little Rock for church business- that may or may not happen.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

On the irritability struggle bus this morning. Sweet tea would probably help, but I'm not allowed to have that now, haha.

Trying with a string cheese and a Crystal Light (Wild Strawberry). It's pretty tasty, but it's no breakfast sandwich. I need to get research done asap and then prep, so I can be happy with my snacks.

Backseat Radio

I'm in the ER. Started having chest pains and numbness in my arm last night.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

I'm back home now. ER did bloodwork, chest X-rays, and ekg. Results came back saying  the pain is not caused by a heart attack. Apparently I've got a pulled muscle or high anxiety. Knowing me it's probably both.

The Purple Fuzzy

That's much better than heart problems. Thank you, Jesus.

Roscoe

:hi:
Went to the CPA. She worked miracles. I still have to repent for the thoughts I am having towards the IRS.
Church last night went well. Had about 40. Several out, and several of our newer folks told me unsolicited how much they loved our church and how happy they are there. Guess God knew I needed to hear that.
Did NOT go to Little Rock. Had lunch with an elder who used to pastor our church and who actually dedicated me as a baby. It was nice to hear some stories about our church from then. Came home, did some tinkering with Rusty and took hm for a drive, then ventured out with the Model A. Wound up having adventures and driving 75 miles....adventure being when the old biddy QUIT ON TOP OF THE ARKANSAS RIVER BRIDGE.
Fortunately, it wasn't my day to meet the Lord in person, and I managed to jury rig a fix with a piece of wire and fishing line and got it home. Try that with your fancy new computerized gizmo whiz bang car.
Now, I am in pre-dread stage for work tomorrow.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Doesn't seem like that car really wants to be taken out for long drives... lol.

@Work. Snotty nose and light headache. Hoping I'm not sick with something communicable.

MsJennJenn

Training class for new job starts next week. My month of leisure is soon to be gone.

And I don't want teen weather anymore either Sandra. Make it go away.  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on February 06, 2024, 02:21:50 PM@Work. Snotty nose and light headache. Hoping I'm not sick with something communicable.
Nelle is being snotty! Nelle is being snotty!

I'd better hush. The same thing is going around here, and I don't want karma to hit me upside the head with it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Mini- you are a nut. I was checking "Lord, did I pocket dial him?"
I didn't cuss, but lord the thoughts...
And the old girl is 94 years old and I have awoken her over the last few months from a decade long sleep pretty much. I understand her being cantankerous. LOL
Today- is busy as what. I am over it already...

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Hi. Lord, today. :pound: Busy as what. At lunch I went and renewed the church bus tags, and Chey's cars. Teach Bible study tonight.
And in Bible reading, I've discovered Nehemiah may be my new favorite "minor" bible character.
In Nehemiah 13:21, he says in part-" if ye do that again, I will lay hands on you".
I've said that a time or two. And felt guilty. Now I have bible and shall feel guilt no longer. :biglaugh:

Lynx

My five pound wheel of port du salut just arrived!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you have ever eaten brie and thought the texture was good, but you wished it didn't have such a strong flavor, you need port du salut. Maybe not five pounds of it, but you definitely need to try it.

I can only eat a very small nibble right now to test quality. If I ate what I wanted, my sinuses would NEVER let me sleep tonight.

But breakfast tomorrow gonna be epic...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Urgh. Morning, all. wandering through the day over here. Dreading the liklihood of more rain. I was worried my mud was gonna dry. :smirk:
Woke up today hungry as what. Could smooth eat the south end of a northbound cow.  Doing everything in my power to not give in and feed the craving with a double stack. :pound: