News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on February 13, 2023, 03:04:03 PMSpent all weekend at church making chocolate covered strawberries. I'm tired.

Do not miss church fundraisers at all LOL

Works been semi quiet today. Bosses Dad in Africa passed away this morning. He's been fighting a rough battle with ALS ever since I've been her admin (almost 2 years). Glad he's at peace, but sad for her.  :-(
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

That is so sad. :(

Yay to Roscoe for later start for court.

Roscoe

Well. The court date meant I drove 3 hours; sat for 2 hours on the most uncomfortable pews I've ever sat on; just to have the guy plea guilty. Finally got back this evening. Boss says I can take off Friday in return.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Eh, it depends. I got last Friday off, but only because I had that stomach virus that has been going around.

Not a fan of the stomach virus. There are some muscles in my upper chest I need for breathing that got strained with vomiting.

I also noticed that for a 24-hour flu, it overstayed its welcome by a good 7 hours. I need to find out who's in charge of scheduling these things and file a complaint.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning. Made it back to work. Coffee is my friend..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Urgh. I am NOT a morning person. :pound:
 The Dot Gov finally returned my money. Now counting down to vacation. No idea where we are going but we going SOMEWHERE. :lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Walmart made me get around and come to work way too early this morning. Not used to working 7-4.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's crazy how fast 40 years can go by. Our 40th anniversary is Sunday.

mini

Congrats!

Im about to get to 1 year.  Its amazing how fast that flew by.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Congrats Sandra. That is a long time.

I am 3.5 months in haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Yes, congrats. If I make it to September without Lou collecting my life insurance, we will have 20 years in. And man, today's been a mixed bag at work. I had an offender come in who relates well to me, and is currently facing a long stretch in prison due to some unlicensed pharmaceutical enterprises he was found to be engaging in.  :nono:  During the talk, he expressed that he had "found God in prison and it changed him, but he had not known where to go when he got out and had gotten sidetracked. He then began to talk to me knowing I am a minister. Long story short, I stepped out of parole officer mode and with his consent stepped into preacher mode. Wound up teaching him an abbreviated one God bible study with him asking questions, and at his request, depending on the outcome of his court case next Wednesday, he either wants me to teach him a full bible study or have a UPC Chaplin in the prison system speak with him and teach him. Sometimes I wonder why I am in the job I am- and then I see why.
Then, as if there was a danger I'd let this go to my head, I had an offender with mental illness come in, blast me by telling me I was condescending and mean to her, and I triggered her. I was floored. The only time I'd ever been remotely less than kind was when she called me and I was brief on the phone due to being busy, telling her we'd discuss her situation when she reported in. After about thirty minutes of talk with a coworker and I, we got it sorted out- I think.
Now I just wanna go home and start the weekend.

MsJennJenn

Haha they cant all be like the first one Bobby. If only right?

I'm so glad its Friday.
Unfortunately my allergies woke up and chose violence this morning. :noo:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

@Work.

So tired. Unfortunately I was looking at a free Saturday, BUT work will now win that competition. I'm currently planning to do that work at home, so at least there's that! I can work in my pjs with cat breaks in the main part of the house, hahaha.

Roscoe

Shew. Chey and I went mattress shopping yesterday. Our family needs new mattresses, as our memory foam is remembering more than it should. As in, in my particular case, it has settled to my body shape and is not providing support. Worse than a deadbeat dad. :pound:
I now know three things. 1) Mattresses are much higher than I expected and remembered. 2) My daughter has expensive tastes- instead of the $500 mattress, she wants one that is list price $1300- uh, no. And 3) our vacation is in jeopardy due to said costs. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 18, 2023, 08:02:32 PMI bought my last mattress at Sam's
Well, we have a discount mattress place in Conway I went to. Basically factory seconds, stuff like a miss-sewn cover or the like, or last year's model, still new and with factory warranty. The one we have now, several years old, was a second and I sure can't complain about it After much shopping we went back there today. Wound up buying Chey a mattress that listed for $2200 for $600, and us one that listed for around $1800 for about the same. Spent a total of around $1250 for the two, with tax, but that should do us for a few years. Hated to part with the money, but sometimes ya gotta do it. Now chillin' in the recliner and contemplating tomorrow's service.

Backseat Radio

Been a crazy day here. Accidentally overslept so I was late to work. Then found out one of my coworkers went home early because her new blood pressure medicine made her dizzy. 2 other associates was off today so we ran the department just barely staffed on a busy weekend. Freight was a mess. None of the tvs that were on our truck list came in today. I fear they'll all arrive on tomorrow's truck.

No rest for the weary tomorrow. Got church in the morning. Then I go back to the church building in the afternoon to start training to join the media team.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's turned out to be a beautiful afternoon. I'm thankful.

Backseat Radio

Been a busy but fun day. Had a couple awesome church services this morning. 1st session talked about God strengthening us when we find ourselves in a wilderness place like he did Elijah in 1 Kings 19. Second service was talking about ushering in the presence of God and revival. Don't think there was a dry eye in the building.

Had my initial training this afternoon for helping out with the ProPresenter program and other things in the sound booth. Next couple of weeks I'll be shadowing the brother that's been running things to get hands on training.

The Purple Fuzzy

I told hubby since we'd spent 40 years in the wilderness (our 40th anniversary was today), we should be headed into the promise land now. ;)

Backseat Radio

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 20, 2023, 03:25:41 AMI told hubby since we'd spent 40 years in the wilderness (our 40th anniversary was today), we should be headed into the promise land now. ;)

:laughhard:

Nelle

@Work.

Parents surprised me yesterday morning by showing up for church and then took me to lunch afterwards. We ate Japanese food for lunch. It was delicious as always!!

Jeremy took me to Don Sol (mexican) after he got home from work Saturday. It was good! Both Jeremy & my parents made me strawberry cakes lol. I may not eat any strawberries for a while now.

MsJennJenn

Bobby it's ridiculous what mattresses cost. And I don't think they last as long as they "say" they should last.
-Alexander Den Heijer-