News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:pound: Jenn. Looks like an oil spot on the left leg. I don't need depends yet. But at the rate I am going- perhaps soon.
 Morning all. REALLY considered calling out today. Rainy day, a perfect day to curl up with a good book. And I just so happen to have purchased, for $5  nonetheless, a box of Christian fiction at the yard sales Saturday.
But I made myself drag in. I have no one scheduled; a slight head ache..but I'm here soaking the taxpayers for my salary today. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It feels nice out this morning. It's still in the 70s

MsJennJenn

We had a nice rainstorm last night. Those are few and far between these days. The outer cities always get em and I never do cus I'm inward.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Outside temperature is finally down. I have been dreading this because a shed needs to be cleaned out and I have been putting it off because of the heat. Now that it is no longer so hot outside...

Feh. Trash comes tomorrow so I gotta get it done tonight.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Well Lawd. Finally Friday. Half a million folks trying to give me something to do this weekend. No. I'm over everyone. Just no. I need me time with my antique so's I can actually think and feel like I've accomplished something. My grump index is off the charts from dealing with people who appear to be mentally challenged- offenders, and I must admit I am having concerns about some church people in the same regard, God love 'em. So many can't get it through their head- Pray. Put God First. Spouse second. 90 percent of the calls I've dealt with this week could be eliminated if people would just do that instead of "me first, God 5th or 6th, and spouse 19th or 20th, and I'll pray- or rather beg pastor to pray- when everything falls apart."
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I've got a major sinus infection. Had to take 4 different medications to be close to functioning at work today.

MsJennJenn

Last day of work and then I'm off until the 30th. Headed to Florida with a gf and her fambam.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I came. I saw. I actually did some work today. I went home.

After about three weeks of really slow business, we actually had some customers today. It felt like a real Tuesday for a change.

Yes I know it's Friday. I'll take what I can get. If all we can get is Tuesday business level, I'll take it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Urgh. Had to come in to assist with drug test this morning. Some moron high up decided drug court people should be tested on Saturday occasionally. It makes zero sense, as we test on Friday and Monday, and all the tests we use will detect approximately 2 weeks back in most cases, but never less than 3 days on ANYTHING.
Anyhow- ready to test these folks and get back to my weekend. I drove my 'vette in on the other hand, and this morning is cool and perfect- and it wants to RUN.Had to watch myself, caught me creeping towards 90 a couple of times on the interstate on the way in...

Lynx

Bobby is getting testy and having delusions of being Jehu again. Pass it on.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 20, 2022, 06:55:28 PMBobby is getting testy and having delusions of being Jehu again. Pass it on.
Oh, Ole Jehu and I woulda gotten along fabulously. Racing chariots, stripping them down to run faster, finding the proper octane feed to get those horses pounding... Yeah, I think we woulda been friends. :lol:

Well. Got home, began painting on Sam. The paint was laying amazingly, on coat four (thin coats, I'm averaging about eight passes per body part for smooth coverage)....ran out of paint. No prob, I'll dash to the paint store and pick up a couple more quarts, I've got a couple hour window to add coats without having to scuff.... Nay.
Chey calls. Crying. She'd heard a pop, and then the car jerked to the side of the road. She kept her wits and got it under control, stopping after she'd went in a slight ditch, before striking a fence.
So thankful for God's hand- if it'd happened about a half mile earlier, it would have been in a large curve with a deep ditch and being a convertible could have been very bad.
She was shaken but fine. The tire, which doesn't have more than about 4 or 5k miles on it- I put new ones on it when we bought the car- didn't show any damage. Tire tech said it could have been low and just popped off the bead. I didn't risk it and bought another tire. Scary.
By the time we fixed that the paint store was closed, so Sammy will have to wait until next week for a scuff and shoot the remaining 4 coats....

Lynx

On the plus side, she had an object lesson in driving safely without getting hurt by the lesson. I wish I could arrange for all kids to have such a lesson before they have a more serious accident.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Still trying to get over this sinus infection. Had to call off work yesterday because I was running a fever. Temperature is more normal today but the medicine to clear out my sinuses is causing a lot of mucus in my throat and chest that's hard to cough up. Didn't go to church today because of how badly I was coughing.

Lynx

Since we can't leave Grandma alone for a minute, the only thing for me to do these days is play video games and listen to stand-up comedy on youtube.

It seems like these days almost every comic is contractually obligated to put in one joke about homosexuality being trendy and anti-homosexuality being old fashioned. I can't figure out if the comic is trying to get the crowd on his side or trying to prove to the crowd that he is on their side, or maybe both, but it's becoming so prevalent that I can't listen to stand-up comedy any more.

I also begin having serious doubts about the intelligence of the average comedy crowd. This homosexual line is becoming as predictable as a standard Hallmark romance-comedy plot. Do they not notice how scripted it is?

Oh well. I still have video games at least.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Plugging through the day. Ready for Friday. Been an irritating weekend. The crowd sunday was low....got paint for Sam and sprayed on his fenders, only to massively goof up by grabbing the wrong rag to wipe it down before paint. The rag I used had solvent. Beautiful paint became crinkled and has to be sanded off and reshot. Sigh. I just want ONE thing to go right....

Nelle

@Work..

I have to leave in about an hour to get home, grab the cat, take him to the vet (again). He's having potty issues, so they're going to check him for UTI or blockages. I'm sad that I have to leave our girl home by herself, but I guess at least I have cameras where I can check on her if I need to - and we will only be about 15 minutes away at the vet. I just want my boy to feel better.. and so I won't have to keep hearing that scratching constantly in the litter box ORRRRR have to keep vacuuming up that litter 2-3x a day. We have bought a piece of furniture that is built to disguise the litter box.. and it has a small little walkway to get in or out - so I'm hoping my vacuuming litter long-term is over. LOL.

Jeremy is leaving for his gamer conference in Atlanta on Monday evening, and my momma is coming up on Tuesday to be with me until he comes home the 7th. I'm a little excited.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. Just got back from picking out new glasses. Everything is expensive now days.

Roscoe

Yes it is. Back at work here. In low gear. Got home last night and cooked some steaks out of the freezer. Didn't do much of anything else.

The Purple Fuzzy

My washing machine has gone wonky. Grr

Lynx

Nothing interesting to report here.

The most exciting thing to happen lately is I found three containers of cherry/cream cheese cobbler at the store, where they sell leftovers from their lunch bar.

And I seem to have developed a penchant for their two-foot-long sandwiches. I'm up to a three sandwich a week habit.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

mini

Im on here nearly every day.  I just don't post much.  I stalk more than anything...muhahahaha
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller