News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

The Wisdom Of My People: Nuggets of insight shared in my family group text.

"Cow farts come from dairy air."

"Diarrhea is hereditary. It runs in your jeans."

"I invented a cheater golf ball that will automatically go in the hole if it gets within four inches. (Note to self: Never again carry these in back pocket.)"

"I don't think it's fair that only roosters are allowed to start the day screaming."

My reply: I may not start the day screaming, but I also don't start the day with people telling me they want to kill me. Lotsa people would like to strangle neighboring roosters.

"When my great grandfather went bald he built a machine to weave a wig out of yarn. When he died it passed to my grandfather, then to my father, and one day it will be mine. It's our family hair loom."

So now you know how I turned out the way I am.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

I was talking to this farmer who said he got kicked out of the FFA (not to be confused with FAA.) He said he got kicked out for crossbreeding the wrong things.

He crossbred a skunk with a jack... Er, a donkey and got a lawyer. Then he crossed that with another skunk and got a lawyer, but this one worked for PETA.

He was going to cross that with another donkey, but he found out there are some things even a donkey can't deal with.

His uncle works at a restaurant that specializes in fried chicken. I asked him how he prepares all those chickens for cooking.

He said, "Well usually we just tell them straight up - dude you are gonna die."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

If a drummer comes out of retirement, will there be repercussions?

I dunno, but I do know why he came out of retirement. He could no longer afford his hearing aids.

Okay I'm through... Until my family posts some more.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Lord. Glad I'm not allergic to corn. LOL
Hi. At work again. Seems to be a thing for me. Ready, as usual, for quitting time...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I tried a new recipe today, it was a butter pecan cake. I think it was a hit.

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Man. Gp finally died....
Morning if any actually come by. Busy weekend, did some paint on the old truck, did lawn work, went to church....working today for a coworker- we swapped so I'll get Friday off.  I'll run up and check out the fall swap meet. :-)
If I can just get through the next four days..

The Purple Fuzzy

I've been checking in but didn't have anything to say...

mini

I'm checking in too.

Made a major push last week to finish our kitchen.  All we have left is backsplash and touch-up paint.  We are ready for it to be done.

We were able to cook last night though!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

I spent my day outdoors scrubbing siding prepping it for painting. My Dad helped me replace siding tiles that were shattered.

Roscoe

Good morning. Hope everyone has a good day.

Lynx

The wisdom of my people:

Be careful when you eat navy beans. You may earn a dishonorable discharge.

When I get to heaven and they tell me that I'm about to get my wings, I'll probably ask them if they are garlic parmesan or honey barbecue wings. Aaaaaaand... Then I'll probably get kicked out.

Guitars are essential for survival. The dinosaurs didn't have guitars, and look what happened to them.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Was planning to finish washing and scraping the outside of the house today. Having to wait for a surprise lighting storm to clear the area before I can start on the house.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Slightly irritable. My bonus, as mentioned before STILL isn't on my check..and Lou calls at 730. The battery is dead on her car. That'll cost me $160 plus tax...

Backseat Radio

I took a tumble off a 6 ft ladder today. Was coming down the ladder and thought I was at the bottom rung but when I went to step to the ground I was another rung higher than I thought. When my foot hit the ground I lost my balance and went tumbling in the mud. Thankfully it only injured my pride and gave me a few bruises.

Roscoe

Ouch.
Morning all. It's my Friday. I am very pleased with this. I get off for four days!!!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 22, 2022, 07:35:55 PMDon't spend too much at the swap. ;)
Right now, if I buy a hot dog and drink there I've spent too much. LOL
Had to go shell out nearly $200 at lunch to get a battery for Lou's ride.
Installing it was a chore that caused me to have to repent, and to strongly condemn Cadillac's Engineering department to a very hot place. I went so far as to wish that every one of 'em have Mexican food for dinner, that it reacts on them like it does me, and they be unable to find relief, with the added wish that the habaneros burn their rears like their design burned mine today. LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

Dina had a Volkswagen once that was a pain to do anything to. Just to change the headlights you had to know certain tricks.

Lynx

Wow. Considering what mexican food does to Bobby, that is strong condemnation indeed.

What did you have to do to change the battery? Drop the transmission?

I have heard of a certain model Ford that has the battery behind the wheel, so you have to take the tire off to change the battery. Never did understand that.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on September 22, 2022, 10:20:14 PMWow. Considering what mexican food does to Bobby, that is strong condemnation indeed.

What did you have to do to change the battery? Drop the transmission?

I have heard of a certain model Ford that has the battery behind the wheel, so you have to take the tire off to change the battery. Never did understand that.
The Cadillac engineers thought it was a grand idea to put a pack of fuses clipped to the hot post of the battery, secured by bolts and clips. Then bolt it down with two braces and a bolt at the bottom of the battery box that could not go in after the battery, but had to be put in before the battery.
Considering that it was like shoving a 10lb ham into a 5 lbb capacity bag, with no way to reach the area needed, it made me mad. Add to the fact that I was picking up a 50 lb battery trying to keep from scratching the paint on the fender all with my bad shoulder- and you get a recipe for the need to pray.

As far as the behind the wheel- several Fords and Chryslers did that. Chrysler also likes to hide batteries in the truck behind panels.
It didn't help that I was annoyed by the timing of the battery replacement. LOL

Lynx

So you know more about cars than most of us. Is there any justification for it? Is it the best way to balance the weight distribution in those designs?

Or is it just to make it harder for us to change the batteries ourselves, so we'll pay the dealership to do it?
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"