News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 29, 2022, 05:30:39 PMThis crud is taking a while to get over.
Fuzz, you didn't wind up with Covid did ya? I've got a couple new cases in our church- they've had it a couple times each, went to feeling bad about two weeks ago and skipped church. Text last night- yep both of them with Covid again.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

In local news: The boss came through and took down the old, covered up fly traps and put up new ones.

I looked down at the full fly traps and said, "Hey we could make soup out of... Hush Isaac."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on July 29, 2022, 09:51:18 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 29, 2022, 05:30:39 PMThis crud is taking a while to get over.
Fuzz, you didn't wind up with Covid did ya? I've got a couple new cases in our church- they've had it a couple times each, went to feeling bad about two weeks ago and skipped church. Text last night- yep both of them with Covid again.
Not sure, didn't get tested. Probably, since symptoms seem to match.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 29, 2022, 10:52:52 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 29, 2022, 09:51:18 PM
Not sure, didn't get tested. Probably, since symptoms seem to match.
You be careful. It can take a while to shake no doubt, and can get ugly quick. Praying for y'all still.
Went out and done a bit o work on Sam. So much more to do....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
 Shew. Had an awesome prayer meeting last night-it was our turn to host the regional monthly minister's prayer meeting. Apostolic ministers from the entire western side of the state were there, absolutely amazing presence of God.
Then upon leaving the devil reared his head- Chey and her cousin went to the local sonic to get a drink on the way home and two drunken travelers walked up. They told her "nice car" which was fine- but then they went around and videoed her license plate. She was very attentive, left rapidly and called Daddy. Daddy called his friends with the pretty lights, then took his Corvette on a spirited sprint to the area, where he encountered the two and discovered that 1) They had indeed videoed her license plate (video deleted) and 2) Daddy's old man is not as buried as he thought.
A conversation was had in regards to probable outcomes should any harm come to the beautiful little girl in the cute car, the depth of the local river and  interestingly enough, how human bodies behave upon submersion with bullet wounds.
They of course explained it was all a mistake, they meant no harm, and they too had daughters.
My friends with the pretty lights got their ids, their mode of travel and license plates, and spoke with them on the wisdom of transporting themselves to a different area and explained that southern fathers are a bit more protective than they might have known in their home country in South America or their current sunny state of residence. And now my daughter believes that maybe Daddy isn't totally stupid.  And my nephew now knows I'm not the gentle teddy bear he thought I was, since he was with me.
I don't know that I've been that mad in years.

The Purple Fuzzy

That's a good way to rile up a parent...

MsJennJenn

My boss and entire team went to Orlando today for our leadership conference thing.
100% taking it easy rest of the week.

Sad part is fiancé is out of town in Wichita Falls working this week. :sadbounce:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 02, 2022, 12:25:16 PM:hi:
 Shew. Had an awesome prayer meeting last night-it was our turn to host the regional monthly minister's prayer meeting. Apostolic ministers from the entire western side of the state were there, absolutely amazing presence of God.
Then upon leaving the devil reared his head- Chey and her cousin went to the local sonic to get a drink on the way home and two drunken travelers walked up. They told her "nice car" which was fine- but then they went around and videoed her license plate. She was very attentive, left rapidly and called Daddy. Daddy called his friends with the pretty lights, then took his Corvette on a spirited sprint to the area, where he encountered the two and discovered that 1) They had indeed videoed her license plate (video deleted) and 2) Daddy's old man is not as buried as he thought.
A conversation was had in regards to probable outcomes should any harm come to the beautiful little girl in the cute car, the depth of the local river and  interestingly enough, how human bodies behave upon submersion with bullet wounds.
They of course explained it was all a mistake, they meant no harm, and they too had daughters.
My friends with the pretty lights got their ids, their mode of travel and license plates, and spoke with them on the wisdom of transporting themselves to a different area and explained that southern fathers are a bit more protective than they might have known in their home country in South America or their current sunny state of residence. And now my daughter believes that maybe Daddy isn't totally stupid.  And my nephew now knows I'm not the gentle teddy bear he thought I was, since he was with me.
I don't know that I've been that mad in years.

Sounds a lot like my uncle fred. You hurt him, he'll just hide it. If you want to see a good old southern boy come completely unglued, you threaten his wife, his daughter or his mama. I've seen it happen and it ain't pretty.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Morning. Plugging through work. Gotta run to Conway and get tires on the state car in a bit- that is, if I can make it to Conway on the rags on it.
I told Germ via text I was jealous of my tire this morning. It lost 13lbs on the way in.

The Purple Fuzzy

Glad you're getting new tires.

Backseat Radio

Been an adventure the past 2 days here. Been without running water in my house while a new water heater is installed. Finally got the wash machine, dryer, and toilet back up. I won't have water in my shower till tomorrow evening. Thankfully I can go down the street to my parents house to shower.

Worked 2 hours overtime yesterday and another hour overtime today because of how short handed the electronics department has been. Had a ton of price changes to do both days.

Roscoe

Got tires. Thankful to return to the days of a state car and use their gas....
Now...two more days this week and back at my three days off. Have I mentioned I LOVE my new schedule? :laughhard:

Lynx

Yeah you might have mentioned it once or twice.

You haven't mentioned ham radio recently. Was that just a phase or do you still use the precursor of IRC.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 04, 2022, 09:55:24 AMYeah you might have mentioned it once or twice.

You haven't mentioned ham radio recently. Was that just a phase or do you still use the precursor of IRC.

I do still have all of my radios and enjoy it, but haven't had time to use them much anymore. In all honest, I probably should sell all of the equipment. I'm used to having no money; however, now I find that time is at a premium.
 Fixing to head to Mayflower (about a 30, 45 minute drive) in about an hour. Our department is changing guns, and as a firearms instructor, I'm one of about 30 in the state that has to go qualify and assess the new guns, and setup the roll-out of them to the rest of the agency.

Lynx

I have a few friends who would be very interested in knowing what happens to the old guns.

I have no personal interest, and I'm pretty sure the state disposes of them officially somehow that precludes selling them to civilians, but my friends are still very interested.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 04, 2022, 02:07:39 PMI have a few friends who would be very interested in knowing what happens to the old guns.

I have no personal interest, and I'm pretty sure the state disposes of them officially somehow that precludes selling them to civilians, but my friends are still very interested.
They are traded in on the new guns and will likely be for sale by the dealer they are traded to. I will have the chance to acquire the one I carry, and being of the mindset one cannot have too many guns, will do so, but by and large they will be back on the market somewhere by the dealer.
The new guns are okay, I guess. I'm a .45 caliber fan and the state chose 9mm, but  I can shoot either with no issues.

Roscoe

Urgh. Thank God it is Friday. Ready for my days off...

Lynx

Tomorrow morning my paycheck hits the checking account and I can buy in on a great deal!

Red Pocket Mobile (an AT&T mvno) has an insanely good deal on prepaid service at 100 gigabytes a month (which is rather a lot) for less than $32 a month, if you buy a year at a time.

This isn't really a big deal for normal people, but I'm a nerd and I've been wanting to get this for a while. I could have gotten it last week but my backup car needed a new alternator.

Yup. That's what is exciting in my world right now.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I need payday to get here. Lawd,broke is me middle name. LOL
I had big plans for today. Nearly none of them have came to fruition. I got up, enjoyed breakfast with a group of friends and admired a new gun a friend bought.
Took a nap then dashed to Russellville and grocery shopped a bit.
 Now, I've turned a couple of bolts on Sam, and I've stuffed chicken breasts with sauteed mushrooms, onions, cream of chicken soup and cheese mixture, and wrapped in bacon. They are now basking n the holy smoke. Healthy but tasty. We will say nothing about the pack of fig newtons I am consuming while they cook.

The Purple Fuzzy

I threw a roast in the crockpot last night, so we had roast beef sandwiches.

Lynx

I, on the other hand, have become quite lazy about matters gastronomic. The local grocery makes two-foot subs to order, so I've been ordering. So far my favorites are smoked turkey with provolone and hard salami with cheddar.

It's just too easy to cut off a chunk of sandwich and chew on it and keep going. I'm going through about six feet of sandwich per week.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

lolol such a funny visual about going thru a six foot sandwich
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 08, 2022, 10:06:27 PMlolol such a funny visual about going thru a six foot sandwich
It's really quite easy to do. Just take it nine inches at a time.

Well... For Grandma's meals it's more like 4.5 inches at a time. She don't eat much any more.
"Do you sing at church?"