News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Medical school?

Started by adx, April 30, 2009, 12:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adx

Anyone on this board going to medical school?

I am going to school for respiratory therapy.  It is a pretty intense major but i am looking forward to the rewards of having a job in a hospital. 

Sis

Chel, Sunlight, just became a nurse not too long ago.

sunlight

no disrespect, but i dont think its any harder than nursing school... :grin:

what classes are you in? what are you studying right now? when do you graduate?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

adx

It might not be as hard but they do cram quite a bit at you in a short amount of time.

I return to school in approx. 20 days.
The classes i will be taking are:
Cardiopulmonary A@P
Respitory care and procedures @ Lab.

The fall is much more intense but still summer is pretty intense caused me to drop out last time and i had a cumaltive of 2.65.

Gingerale

there's a school here that offers Resp Therapy, and I have thought about getting into that. It's a short schooling, and really cheap to get into.

sunlight

if you ever get bored, and wanna talk about the resp system, id be glad to! :grin:

This human body that God designed is  so amazing.

adx

Yes it is.

And what is neat is that respiratory is not just respiratory.. It is tied heavily to the cardiopulmonary part's of the body. 

By the way sunlight you said you had Instant messanger what one do you use?

And i would not go to the schools that offer a short respiratory degree program as most likely they are a tech school and i know that places will not hire people that graduate from those places.  With a university you tend to get a much more rounded education and i would rather have a doctor that went to college then a trade school.

sunlight

yahoo.

all of the systems of the body are so very delicately intertwined with every other system. A&P was my favorite class, and sometimes i still take out that book and learn more. That is one book i will definately keep.

Gingerale

A&P was something I took in high school, and loved. so my cousin [who is a doctor] gave me a college A&P book to learn more, even though I was majoring in Veteranarian Science.

adx

Sunlight what is your yahoo screenie?  (you can send it by pm if you like)

Also a@p is awesome.  There is alot of stuff that you can learn from those type of books.  What types of stuff do you most enjoy reading about?  I like reading respiratory and heart stuff of course. 

Gingerale

you're probably referring to Chel, but I like learning about the skin's healing process. And bloodborne pathogens.

sunlight

I am currently fascinated with the cardiovascular system, and all that has to do with blood. I give a lot of blood on the floor where i work, and its neat to know all these little facts to interest my patients and make them curious about how it all works. :grin:

Sis

I love the way it all works together. I love that the skin will heal itself. If not, I'd have a lot of holes in my body. Loved learning abouat A&P, too.

When you look at all these systems working together in one body, even a tiny baby's body, you have to wonder just HOW people can believe it all happened by some cosmic accident. Or that we evolved up into this intelligent design. *Shakes head* Were't no accident. God knew what he was doing.

sunlight

:grin: you got that right.

And the more I learn, the more I believe it. I serve an awesome God.

Gingerale

sunlight

* sunlight grins and ^5's ginger!

BeccaBoo

I agree totally to the serving a AWESOME GOD!!

:thumbsup2:

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

Envelope

Quote from: adx on May 01, 2009, 06:56:14 PM
Yes it is.

And what is neat is that respiratory is not just respiratory.. It is tied heavily to the cardiopulmonary part's of the body. 

By the way sunlight you said you had Instant messanger what one do you use?

And i would not go to the schools that offer a short respiratory degree program as most likely they are a tech school and i know that places will not hire people that graduate from those places.  With a university you tend to get a much more rounded education and i would rather have a doctor that went to college then a trade school.

I went through the 2 year RN nursing program at a community college.  Funny, that all 20 of us got jobs, even though we didn't graduate from a university.......

Never heard of a dr going to trade school either......does that kind of program even exist?

Sharon

mesipie

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

Sis

Ewwwwwwww! Onion breath!

BeccaBoo

Hey dont make fun of my relatives!!

:demand:

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

Sis

Ok, I'll try to be nice, then. But he still has onion breath  :laughhard:

mesipie

there was 1 eating celery too
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

Sis

Can't pick on celery as much as onion breath!  :laughhard: