News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Jaw Pain

Started by kkay, December 29, 2010, 06:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkay

Hey :hi:

I woke up about 2 weeks ago with pain in my right jaw right by my ear. I've looked up information about TMJ but I don't think it's that. It doesn't hurt when I talk but hurts when I eat/chew (which could be a blessing haha). Anyone else ever had this happen? Maybe it's just TMJ and it'll go away but it's been almost 2 weeks now :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

When I was stressing really bad a while back my jaw would hurt.  I think I was unconsciously clenching it.  I would make myself relax it but catch it clenched tight again a while later.

Melody

Are your lymphnodes swollen at all?  Your body could be fighting a virus, if you're tender there.  That'd definately make your ear & jaw hurt, I've had that before. 

Sis

I have TMJ and it doesn't bother me when I talk. It bothers me sometimes, and not others.

Some people have it bother them all the time, and some hear a clicking noise when they chew. Some feel it where their bottom jaw connects to the skull, and get headaches near their temples from the jaw problems.

More likely: Grinding teeth at night, clinching teeth when you're stressed or cold like PF said, or just one of those strains from eating a lot of hard to chew foods. If it lasts another two weeks, I'd get it checked. You could get someone to tell you if you clench your teeth at night. If you do, you can get a mouth guard to stop that from the drug store.

kkay

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 29, 2010, 08:53:07 PM
Are your lymphnodes swollen at all?  Your body could be fighting a virus, if you're tender there.  That'd definately make your ear & jaw hurt, I've had that before.

My lymph nodes aren't swollen at all and I feel fine otherwise. I just woke up with a really sharp pain about 2 weeks ago and it won't go away. I tried taking aspirin this morning but so far, no help :(

kkay

Quote from: Sis on December 30, 2010, 05:15:37 AM
I have TMJ and it doesn't bother me when I talk. It bothers me sometimes, and not others.

Some people have it bother them all the time, and some hear a clicking noise when they chew. Some feel it where their bottom jaw connects to the skull, and get headaches near their temples from the jaw problems.

More likely: Grinding teeth at night, clinching teeth when you're stressed or cold like PF said, or just one of those strains from eating a lot of hard to chew foods. If it lasts another two weeks, I'd get it checked. You could get someone to tell you if you clench your teeth at night. If you do, you can get a mouth guard to stop that from the drug store.

I've never been told I clench my teeth, but I have been under a lot of stress lately. I know my sister grinds her teeth while she sleeps so maybe I do the same. I've just never had this problem before. Maybe I can blame my nephews since I was at my mom's house when it started hurting :hypocrite:

kkay

Jaw is feeling much better. It still hurts a little when I chew a lot. It's keeping me from eating too much though, so that's a blessing :D