News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

How 'bout them 'Boys

Started by txlnghrn, September 10, 2007, 09:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txlnghrn

Not too bad a showing for the Dallas Cowboys.....yeah i know seems like everyone hates on them, but i like em. 

Oh and btw...who is the leading passer....oh yeah... TONY ROMO......who is third in QB efficiency....oh yeah TONY ROMO...

yep not too bad for the 'BOYS!!!
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34:18 NIV

jdcord

Quote from: txlnghrn on September 10, 2007, 09:23:41 PM
Not too bad a showing for the Dallas Cowboys.....

Yeah!  Their defense looked Grrrrrrrrreat!             :laughhard:

allowed:  438 net yards, 124 net rushing yards (at 5.6 yds per carry), and 314 net passing yards. 

Not only that, but the supposedly "fearsome" defense only managed one sack, and the team itself racked up seven penalties. 

And all of this, need I remind you, against the Tiki Barber-less (thus, running game "challenged"), and otherwise punchless, New York Giants.

And you call that "not too bad"??  I mean, what are they gonna do when they face a team with a real  running game, and a real  defense??  ..........  In all honesty, that thought really should be a concern after that rather "offensive" defensive effort in week one.

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

txlnghrn

Like I said, I knew there would be haters....BUT WHO GIVES A CARE!

Nelle

Yay Cowboys!

Hey.. Dustin...

What [almost] happened to your 'Horns in that Texas vs. ASU game?

txlnghrn

we almost got our rear ends handed to us...BOL......Nice wake up call.... :thumbsup2:

newkris

can't say i'm a dallas fan, but i do rather like the WI homeboy tony romo.  what a great story!! 

it's all about the cheese . . . all about the cheese . . .
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Nelle

LOL. It gave us a chance to throw something in the face of U of A, too. *grin* Seeing how they ONLY beat TROY by 20! HAHAHAHA!  ~We~ play Troy .. and we usually beat them (not last year).

Again.. to stay true to the thread.. YAY ' Boys!

Emmitt Smith will forever be my Dallas hero. ;) hehe..

In this case.. I hate cheese. ;)

txlnghrn

Is that a better showing on Defense......yeah i know it was only miami, but 5 turnovers...woop woop.....and another WIN!!!

:great:

newkris

how bout dem packers, hey?  dat brett . . .he's pretty good at dat dere football, hey? 

tony romo . . . dey gonna buy 'im back to play fer da pack, you watch. 
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Nelle

What's going to happen to those dear Packers of yours when he retires?

They'll NEED a Romo when he retires.. or that team'll fall apart... maybe?

Q-tip

4-o.  So far so good. 

Pretty good start desbite being with out Terrance Newman, Gregg Ellis and Terry Gllen.

:clap:
///////////////\"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.\"///////////////

jdcord

Quote from: Q-tip on September 30, 2007, 08:57:32 PM

4-0.  So far so good. 

Pretty good start desbite being with out Terrance Newman, Gregg Ellis and Terry Gllen.

:clap:

True.  They definitely look like the best in the NFC East at this point.  But that being said, the only semi-potent offense they've faced so far has been the Giants, and they gave up a ton of yards and points in that game, so I'm still not truly sold on the Cowboys just yet.

We'll know a little more about what that defense is made of on October 14th, when the Patriots come a-callin'.  That will be a very interesting game.  .......... unless the Patriots blow them out from the git-go, that is.  *cough*  ...... Which is, quite honestly, what I expect is going to happen.  But if the defense holds up, or the offense still manages to keep it close (or God forbid, even win it   :o ), then I will definitely re-evaluate my current opinion of "dem Cowboys" (which is, that I consider them to be kinda like the Steelers were prior to today - an essentially "untested" team that has rolled up a great record so far against the dregs of the league).

EDIT: 

......... then again, other then possibly about 6 or 7 teams, are there any offenses in the league this year that actually deserve a rating higher than, say, "mildly  adequate"?

Let's see, ....

1.  the Patriots
2.  the Colts
3.  the Packers
4.  the Cowboys
5.  the Bengals
6.  the Lions
7.  ??

.... ummmmmmm, .... yeah.  That's about it, I'd say, for teams with an offense that can actually score points.  The rest are just mediocre, at best.

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

Q-tip

In recent years Dallas hasn't been known for its ability to roll over sub par teams.  In fact, they have often struggled against the lesser teams while they were more competitive with the teams considered to be superior to them.  So far this year they are playing with a confidence they have not possessed for a long time.  This confidence has led them to play at a more consistant level which has enabled them to maintain their ability to maintain a dominant presence throughout the entire game.

While neither Dallas nor New England have faced a team that has yet proven to be a formidable force, it is to be expected(as you say) for a good team to demolish a lesser team. 

Both offences have been consistant.  Defensively the Patriots have been sound while the Cowboys seem to be slowly settling into their groove. 

Dallas started its season against a division rival who has always played at an intense level against the Cowboys.  This game (I.M.O) was either going to be an intense high scoring game, or an intense low scoring game.  Either way it was going to be a nail bitter.  A situation New England could very well find itself in Monday night against the Bengals (a high scoring game).  Although it is a hard call to make with Cincinnati's inconsistency.

I do agree, however, that Dallas still has to prove itself. 

Makes for an excellent game in two weeks. :thumbsup2: 

///////////////\"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.\"///////////////

newkris

Quote from: Nelle on September 18, 2007, 02:21:16 AM
What's going to happen to those dear Packers of yours when he retires?

They'll NEED a Romo when he retires.. or that team'll fall apart... maybe?

every team needs a good leader.  i don't know that football will really ever see someone quite like brett again, but i'm sure the pack could convince tony to come home and play on the homefield.  i recall him saying something about being a brett fan, of course, when he was growing up.  so . .  we'll see! 

and, yeah, those cowboys did okay today, but not quite as okay as our boy brett!  :pwink: 
me, too.

txlnghrn

'Ole Jerry is fixin to pay TONY..........a big big salary.......

and Tony is making sure that he is going to get paid big...

How bout that play where the snap went over his head....that was a great play!!!! LOL

Q-tip

Wow!...    Romo was Buffalos best player and they still lost.

Can't decide how I feel about that one.     :o   :clap:    :-?   

Hopefully this will serve as a wale up call prior to Sundays game against the Patriots. 

JakeLeonard

not bad of a game, but still Romo passed into too many interceptions

kade

i think the cowboys are doing great...the lions scare me for there running game....with all the talks of handing a whippin to kitna they arnt prepared....  but all in all i think they are solid...and every team has its kinks to work out  :thumbsup2:
been a cowboys fan since i member...when i was very young i member watchin the super bowl...when i lived in dallas
Sunday best and broken glass

newkris

were we talking about the packers here?  how 'bout that boy brett? 

not just on the field, but off, too . . .   si player of the year and then a special award from make-a-wish foundation.  nice.  very nice.  all that and a fabulous smile, too!
me, too.

kade

lol not so much

but favre is one of my all time fav players
a legend already and hes still playing
Sunday best and broken glass

AGAPPLE

I absolutely love my Cowboys!!!  :hyper: :love2: They're the greatest ever!