News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Thank GOD for kids!

Started by taco_harvell, June 21, 2019, 06:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

Somethings have been on my heart since a very tough Sunday...
The older I get the more I miss my MawMaw and PawPaw, and the more it hurts to know I probably won't have kids or grandkids of my own. That's why my nieces and nephews by blood, marriage, or adoption mean more to me every passing day. I'd drop everything to get to spend more time with them. All it takes to make this grumpy old man melt to a puddle is to here one of them say ''I love you, Unka Jason!'' or "I prayed for you today!''. Not to mention little Bobby snuggles or having my fingers used as a teething ring, or a giant Cheyenne hug as she calls me her favorite uncle, or just spending time around two of the most amazing godly teenagers I've ever met and stand in amazement at the family Mini and Michel built with a foundation that's unmovably based on JESUS.                 

I'd give anything to have kids, but I'd also give anything to make sure the kids GOD blessed me with by allowing me to call them family in some even minor way has great memories as I do of my parents, aunts, uncles, adopted aunts, uncles, and my MawMaw and PawPaw Taylor. I also hope GOD allows me to work in kids ministry till I'm 200. There is a purity in the faith of kids that my words couldn't explain. On more than one occasion in severe pain, I simply ask can the church kids pray for me because their faith usually isn't mixed with doubt and cynicism like ours. If you're blessed with kids, grandkids, or nieces and nephews there is nothing worth putting in front of them!  Love them and invest in them!

For all the real family I've made here, you'll never know how much y'all mean to me! Love y'all!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Bubba, you don't know just how much of "family" you are.
 And the older I get, the more thankful I am for my sweet Chey. I wish God had blessed us with a little brother for her, but God has other plans sometimes.

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on June 22, 2019, 01:55:59 AMBubba, you don't know just how much of "family" you are.
 And the older I get, the more thankful I am for my sweet Chey. I wish God had blessed us with a little brother for her, but God has other plans sometimes.

Adoption is still an option!

MsJennJenn

IF and that's a BIG if, the Lord ever changes my heart to actually want a kid I will adopt. I will never birth a child. Never have had the desire to do so. It kind of grosses me out. The growing inside me piece. Plus expelling it. Just gross. :nono:

And there are literally millions of children in the entire universe that don't have and more than half will likely never have good solid parental units. It bothers me a lot how much we keep on birthing more and more children into the world not thinking about the consequences. And how much it affects the children in the world who are parent-less.

* MsJennJenn ends her rant
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

taco_harvell

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 25, 2019, 09:38:16 PMIF and that's a BIG if, the Lord ever changes my heart to actually want a kid I will adopt. I will never birth a child. Never have had the desire to do so. It kind of grosses me out. The growing inside me piece. Plus expelling it. Just gross. :nono:

And there are literally millions of children in the entire universe that don't have and more than half will likely never have good solid parental units. It bothers me a lot how much we keep on birthing more and more children into the world not thinking about the consequences. And how much it affects the children in the world who are parent-less.

* MsJennJenn ends her rant

Adoption cost cuts millions of people in the middle-class out of those wanting to adopt. If you look at the cost of foster care in the US making adoption cost at around $2500 per child (total) could literally help lower the national debt. I know of people who went in debt over $40,000 to adopt there son. Some states the cost isn't so bad others it just crazy.

If I had it to pay I would in a second! It wouldn't have to be a baby either, all those kids need someone to love them!

MsJennJenn

Don't get me started on the financial cost of ANYTHING in the US. lol

* MsJennJenn feels a second rant coming
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

We are not having children of our own. We have talked about fostering though. Also, I have plenty of kids that i'm an "Aunt" or older "Sister" to.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali