News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Courtesy Reminder *(with an admin NOTICE)*

Started by Newsman, October 14, 2007, 06:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Greetings!

Please remember that, while picking at one another in fun and kidding around are fine, making fun of and/or cutting down someone that is our Brother or Sister in the Lord is beyond the line of acceptable behaviour.

Just as it is impossible to always say the right things in real life, so it often is in internet communications. However, let us strive to make sure we mean what we post is in humor, when we are using humor, and to be ready to clarify if our post is misunderstood.

We want to keep Godplace the place that you have helped make it; a place of solace, humor, and information for Apostolics and our guests, where anyone can come for a bit of online 'shelter' from the unpleasantness that is so often around us in the world.

Apostolics, we need each other to encourage us along the path we walk in this life, and it is the same God that each of us walk with.

John  :waving:

Scott

You are so correct John and thank you for writing that.

I have seen too much ''over the line'' comments in the last few months and it must stop. 

They say that the Christian Army is the only army that shoots it's own wounded and that is  sad to say the truth.

You do not know who is reading what you wrote and just how they will take it.

I knew a girl who had not been to church in a long time, she came to church and we prayed her through, God really touched her.  She never came back to church.

2 years later she called the church and talked to me and told me why she had not been back.

She had slipped in to the bathroom full of the Holy Ghost and excited, but needed to go potty.... she was in the stall when she over heard Sister Bigmouth and Sister Nevershutsup discussing her.

''Why Agnes, did you see Marcie (not her name) shout all over the front tonight?"

"Yes Bertha I did"

''How long do you think that will last?"

"you know Marcie - maybe a week or so''

"I know what you mean, Marcie is soooo unstable - in and out of church, she just can't handle it''

'' well  you know how these kids are these days.....''

*flush*
*water running*

"Marcie never could stay in church, let's see if she is here next week or running around"

Marcie sat in the stall a long time and never came back to church.  2 years later she was still hurt.

How many Marcie's are out there reading what we say?
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle