News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

We have to travel tomorrow too now.  But not far enough to meet friends. Lol. I am plotting stopping to see mom on the home if I can convince Robbie!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote from: mini on January 24, 2018, 12:46:32 PMAnd let me say this for you Tennessee people.  You have the longest state Ive ever been in.  We crossed the bridge at Memphis around 6:30 am.  We rolled into Virginia on 81 at 3:20 pm.  We had 1 or 2 stops for gas and a 45 minute stop for lunch and walking in Nashville.  It took forever to get across your state!
You have never tried to go anywhere in Texas then. Texas is so big that if you drive to anywhere from Texas, when you cross the TX state line you're almost there. And you took the longest possible axis of Tennessee, from bottom left to top right.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

cabin fever is setting in but i have no energy to go anywhere.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

I got to see my mom today! She made me cookies and chicken soup! It was good too...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Y'all, please pray for Chel. She can't work or do chores. She's supposed to sit with feet up or stay in bed. She's at ~20 weeks and is probably going to go stir crazy. She also is still only able to eat small amounts of certain things with the nausea. Prayers appreciated.

dnr1128

*Yawn*

This week was one of those that I'm glad it's over.  Ready for church tomorrow, and a busy week coming up. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Roscoe

Quote from: dnr1128 on January 28, 2018, 04:19:15 AM*Yawn*

This week was one of those that I'm glad it's over.  Ready for church tomorrow, and a busy week coming up. 
I've been enjoying the weekend. NOT looking forward to the busy week... But at least I'm finally making some progress around here.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Yall will be pleased to read this...

So why am I up at 2am? Long story. While on our recent trip, Porter and I discovered a fireworks supercenter. Being kids at heart, we bought a few things "for the kids". No good deed goes unpunished.
Fast forward to tonight. Nature calls and I rush to answer. At 2am. My bratty kid and wife had planned an epic prank....
I head to take care of business with the Porcelain Throne. It suddenly sounds like Afghanistan, or at least Detroit on the weekend.
Scares me to death.
They taped about a dozen of these stupid things (snap poppers, the little paper twist of gunpowder you throw on the ground and they explode) between the commode and the seat.
Now, I have powder burns, an accelerated heart rate, a burning desire for revenge,  and am afraid to go to sleep. And I've developed a phobia for the bathroom.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Uh oh... I see a tale of retribution in the near future. Bobby is not one to let something like this go unanswered.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh my. I'm afraid someone would have gotten hurt if that was me. Some things you just don't mess with.

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on January 28, 2018, 08:07:24 AMYall will be pleased to read this...

So why am I up at 2am? Long story. While on our recent trip, Porter and I discovered a fireworks supercenter. Being kids at heart, we bought a few things "for the kids". No good deed goes unpunished.
Fast forward to tonight. Nature calls and I rush to answer. At 2am. My bratty kid and wife had planned an epic prank....
I head to take care of business with the Porcelain Throne. It suddenly sounds like Afghanistan, or at least Detroit on the weekend.
Scares me to death.
They taped about a dozen of these stupid things (snap poppers, the little paper twist of gunpowder you throw on the ground and they explode) between the commode and the seat.
Now, I have powder burns, an accelerated heart rate, a burning desire for revenge,  and am afraid to go to sleep. And I've developed a phobia for the bathroom.

:rotfl:

Quote from: Lynx on January 28, 2018, 11:11:56 AMUh oh... I see a tail (end) of retribution in the near future. Bobby is not one to let something like this go unanswered.

This edit was needed.

:ugly:

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 28, 2018, 03:12:22 PMOh my. I'm afraid someone would have gotten hurt if that was me. Some things you just don't mess with.

Oh, im sure there was a mess afterwards....

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

I'll get even. After they've forgotten it. 
And btw, those things sound like bombs when you are not expecting it. Lol

dnr1128

Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Heather

I even had to read that aloud for Brandon. Now we are both cry laughing at poor Roscoe.

PF, yes I'm still sick. I should have stayed home yesterday, but against my judgement I went ahead on my birthday outing. 2 hours in the car, 3+ At the zoo, 1ish at the used bookstore, 1ish at the restaurant, 2 hours back home. Was so exhausted last night I went to bed and forgot to take any of my meds. I just got out of bed around 1 pm today.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

Sorry you're sick, Heather. :(

Roscoe, what i want to know is.... did you scream/yell/dance/etc?? We need a better description of your reaction.

I've had a teen gal from our church living at my house for three days. It's been heavenly. I seriously have GOT to come up with funding for a nanny/mother's helper. I can't keep going at this pace. It's simply not sustainable. I love my kiddos to pieces, but being a work-at-home mom is not for the faint of heart. In addition, you must be able to keep going for long hours without sleep or food, and with insane numbers of interruptions while working, and yet still somehow be professional in emails and on the phone. I'm doing it, so apparently it can in fact be done. But I'm pretty certain my little red choo-choo is on its way around the bend. If I can just get past the official public launch, maybe things will ease up a bit. Please, God! Lol.

Praying for Chel.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Much yelling. Many quick movements, the details of which I shall not go into, but suffice it to say no one would've thought it to be dancing. :smirk:

I've just made an awesome breakfast ingredient. A dozen eggs, a little milk, a bunch of seasonings, and baked it for about 30 minutes, the sliced into squares. In the morning, a bagel, a piece of cheese and a precooked sausage patty, with said egg and some salsa on it, and Voila- healthy filling breakfast in ten minutes.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 28, 2018, 05:48:49 PM:ugly:
I'll get even. After they've forgotten it.
And btw, those things sound like bombs when you are not expecting it. Lol
Yeah, that's about right. Remember my uncle Fred, the guy you remind me a lot of? That's another way you remind me of him. He doesn't start stuff much, but if you pull one on him he'll return the favor, with compound interest, seven months later.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Urgh.

In other news, last night I gave our pup a bath.  Keep in mind, said pup is 8 1/2 months old.  Here's a picture of her at Christmas.

Shes a small thing right?  So she gets done with her bath last night, and is WIRED.  Im attempting to dry her off while distracting her with her rubber squeaky bone.  Shes having a blast.  At the end of the process, I toss her bone.

It lands on the couch.  Right on the other side of my daughter, who is sprawled out studying.  The dog then runs and jumps on her.  Let me tell you the fight was on...

and

I lost.

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:pound: That "tremble" is love or, depending on who you are, pending bites.  And they are loving little babies.

Lynx

The only Chihuahua I have ever met that was not a vicious little beast was the one Bobby owns. Maybe it has to do with the person owning it...

At any rate, Bobby your Chihuahua is definitely not typical.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Roscoe