News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

It's interesting to go to the store and see shelves practically empty.

MsJennJenn

It's downright kinda freaky.

And yes Sandra - that vid of my nephew laughing is literally the best. They went back home to Indiana on Saturday. :(
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:
 Morning all. Another day, another update. They now tell us we cannot have any visits with anyone. We still have to come in, but we can't see anyone. So, not sure just exactly WHAT we are doing? Nothing. Period. LOL.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Time to bring in a bluetooth speaker and blast some southern gospel! 

Well... what else are you doing today? :cool:

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work. I'm still not adapted to this time change. I cannot get enough sleep!!!! I need a staycation.. but I don't think I'm going to be off work anytime soon.

Roscoe

Morning.
Debating on cancelling our mini-vacation/trip to Oklahoma. The governor has recommended no un-necessary travel. I'm not sure what Bro Ron thinks- he is still having services, but I don't know that it is wise to travel. I'm worried about 1) getting down there and not being able to get back because gas stations, ect are suddenly closed or 2) Getting sick and bringing it back here. We had a confirmed case diagnosed in the next county (Faulkner county, in Conway).
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on March 18, 2020, 03:34:26 PMMorning.
Debating on cancelling our mini-vacation/trip to Oklahoma. The governor has recommended no un-necessary travel. I'm not sure what Bro Ron thinks- he is still having services, but I don't know that it is wise to travel. I'm worried about 1) getting down there and not being able to get back because gas stations, ect are suddenly closed or 2) Getting sick and bringing it back here. We had a confirmed case diagnosed in the next county (Faulkner county, in Conway).
When are you supposed to leave for your trip?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

*sigh*

A week ago, I thought this stuff wouldnt get close to home.  Yesterday, found out 2 great friends are in quarantine becasue of this, and we lost a good man last night to this stuff.

It weighs heavy on me.

:sadbounce:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

It does on me too. Just from what I've learned through media, friends and my government office. What worries me more than anything is the number of people who believe it is a hoax or feel like it will never get them. Their invincibility and stubbornness is going to make it bad for everyone I am afraid. Dear lord, pause life for two or three weeks, re-assess , and let's wipe this out. The more you prolong it, the worse it will be and the longer it will take to get it behind us.
And Chel, we WERE leaving Saturday. I've practiced what I am preaching and have cancelled our trip. I'll do things at home I've needed to do for a while. I might venture out to Lowes to buy a garage door, and pick up some primer for the Corvette at the auto store, but that's it. I am praying that the rain will stop, though.
After this is behind us, we will see if we can take a couple days' vacation and get away then.

MsJennJenn

I think we're all sick of the rain at this point. But I wonder if God's giving us rain on purpose so we'll all stay inside! lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

A smile...

Smith goes to see his supervisor in the front office.

"Boss," he says, "we're doing some heavy house-cleaning at home tomorrow, and my wife needs me to help with the attic and the garage, moving and hauling stuff."

"We're short-handed, Smith," the boss replies. "I can't give you the day off."

"Thanks, boss," says Smith, "I knew I could count on you!"

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 19, 2020, 07:21:48 PMIt helps wash the pollen out of the air.
For real! I saw dirty green powder in the parking lot and thought "Uh oh!" Allergy season is gearing up, just when people are suspicious of anybody who sneezes. Perfect timing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning. And Happy Birthday to the wise OLD Sasquatch to my west. May he get everything he has ever dreamed of, as long as it does not involve harm to me and my wallet.

Back at work. Got an email that basically said- "You are prohibited from doing anything- but you still have to come to work." So I sit in my little office, and am considering a run to the nearly empty grocery store to get things to cook breakfast for the crew. I'm wanting French toast in a bad way.

Nelle

@work.

These days are the ones where I kinda wish that Facebook didn't exist. Way too much misinformation floating around being stated as fact.

I'm SO ready for the weekend. We are not sure yet about church on Sunday. They cancelled Wednesday night this week and the next, but were going to make the call today or tomorrow about Sundays. Most in our area have cancelled due to there being positive cases near and our churches are a high percentage of senior saints. I just need to make a teaching schedule, but I don't want to make one that gets wiped out after putting all the work into it, haha. So I guess if we DO have church, I'll be teaching again for the 3rd week in a row since I haven't been able to notify anyone else that they would be needing to teach. Joys of a scheduler..

MsJennJenn

We've moved to online for Sundays as we have a can't have more than 10 people in one place law in place currently..... Not sure what that means yet though for the "online" piece. As they haven't said.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Dina & family are here. At least I don't have to wonder if they're ok.

Nelle

Illinois has ordered a Stay at Home order, but it is not clear how this impacts my workplace. It sounds simple like you won't be able to go out other than emergencies, but then he says that even restaurants will remain open for drive-thru or curbside/to-go. All non-essential businesses must close. But what makes it essential? lol.. That's up for debate.

The Purple Fuzzy

I've been selling quite a few eggs since the stores have been mostly out of them.

Roscoe