News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

If the power goes out, the milk will stay cold since it's already so cold. Bread can be made into sandwiches even if there is no power. Eggs... lots of foods to make if the power stays on but the kids stay home, hahaha. Those three ingredients make the world go 'round with several mouths to feed.

French toast sounds tasty right now.. with hashbrowns or just fried potatoes. yum.

I'm at work though so no days off for me. I don't really expect we'll get much in the way of wintry accumulation, but MAN it's going to be cold. I need to hunt up my hats and earmuffs and gloves and boots and winter socks for sure before the weekend hits.

Today though I have an appointment at 3:30 to get my sleep study equipment so that I can do my sleep study at home tonight. I'm probably going to be wrong, but I really hope I don't have apnea, hahaha.

MsJennJenn

Supposed to be 70 here today. And then drop to like 9 degrees by Sunday night. :roll:
Bipolar Texas weather. If it's gonna be 9 degrees I need snow please.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I'll believe snow when I see it.

They have accurately predicted eight out of the last two snowfalls I have seen. They just keep hollering snow every time it looks like even close to the right conditions, and eventually they are right.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Did my sleep study last night. Thank goodness for in-home options, because that "bedroom" they have setup at the clinic is scary, haha. I wouldn't be able to sleep for sure. It was unfortunate that it was hard for me to fall asleep even at home with wires and hoses attached to me, plus it stormed which upset the pup. For once, I was excited to see 6am on Friday, hahahaha.

I had to go drop off the monitor in the monsoon. My umbrella broke somehow this week and didn't realize until this AM. Then I went to the clinic and had my labs done. She got them first stick today - yay! I'll be headed to see my doc on Wednesday mornin to go over my labs and my blood pressure readings.

Grabbed some sustenance from Sonic, then hightailed it to work since the pup was waiting on me there. Jeremy didn't want her out in the downpour with it being chilly as well. We are trying to prepare best we can for the deep freeze coming.

MsJennJenn

I honestly don't know how they think anyone can sleep in their clinic for those studies. I wouldn't be able to do it either.

It was in fact 71 yesterday, and now it's a lovely 37.  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

37 sounds like a heat wave. 27 and very windy here. Cuts like a knife. I'm starving. Ate 4 sticks of cheese (total 320 calories) and one 140 calorie snack cake.
Fighting the urge to throw in the towel and go buy a double stack at Wendy's.
Prayer meeting tonight. Trip cancelled. Probably a weekend of doing nothing.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Hang onto your fuzzy blanket. It's about to get worse.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Texans are supposed to be dramatic when it's cold, I'm just upholding my part of the bargain.

Lynx

One thing about sub-freezing weather: There sure is a lot less barking out there.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Hi. Twelve flippin' degrees when I left going to church. According to my truck, 14 degrees now..
Taught Sunday school. Did every precaution I know to keep the water from freezing at church. Backslid and ate a double cheeseburger from Wendys- the first in three weeks. It looked so good...and I savored every bite. Now I regret it, cause I feel over stuffed. :pound:
The forecasters are now saying, "Eh, maybe not much snow after all". I'd rather have a FOOT of the stuff and 27 degrees than none and single digits. :pound:
And in other sharing- I could not resist. I had to see if the 94-year-old car would start in 14-degree weather. It turned over three times and started. Without using the choke. I've had newer cars that were more difficult to start. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I bet I would start too if you promised to not choke me...
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Church got canceled for today because of temps and windchill being below zero.  Temps got down to -4 degrees.  About 9:30AM my coworker started blowing up my phone for help with the main photo lab printer not starting up. Bundled up and went to the store to help her get it working again. Then spent the afternoon at my Dad's house.

Nelle

We delayed our service yesterday to 11am worship only instead of starting at 9:45 with Sunday School and then Worship at 10:45. It was nice. Went to Red Lobster for lunch and then to Rural King to get Jeremy some more thermal socks before he delivers mail in this insane cold air this week. I didn't realize the pair I bought him on Friday evening were that great, so I only had bought him the one set, haha.

I'm at work today, but he and Athena (and of course the cat) are all at home enjoying the holiday inside the warm home. I'm semi-warm but I have a heater at my desk, so I'll be toasty in no time. Actually got to work early today and the IT people have already brought my computer back. I only had to be inconvenienced for about 2.5 hours. NICE!

I think we're having a soup or something for dinner. Jeremy mentioned a crockpot.

Backseat Radio

Its a balmy 9 degrees in Indiana today. The cold killed the battery in my brother's car. Dad helped him get a new battery in.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been 20 pretty much all day here. The bantam chicken water froze solid.
I have a birdbath heater in the other waterers that seems to be working.

Roscoe

I'm not sure the temp broke 20 here today. 12 right now. Laid around today. Get to work from home tomorrow, aka do nothing.  I'll probably drive Lou to work tomorrow morning and check on the church. Roads pretty bad around here.

Nelle

At work again.. this time with Athena beside me. I don't have as productive of a day with her thanks to all of her potty breaks, hahaha. She has the window in front of her today so hopefully a squirrel will entertain her.

We have an auditor coming today at 11:30 with our workers compensation insurance. They typically physically in-person audit every two years, but due to COVID, they missed a year, so it's actually been 3 years since they were here last.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 15, 2024, 10:55:18 PMIt's been 20 pretty much all day here. The bantam chicken water froze solid.
I have a birdbath heater in the other waterers that seems to be working.
Bird bath heater is a thing?

This might be what I'm going to use for my dog's water bucket from now on. Thanks.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Athena's been pressing her luck with me all day. She hates going potty outside on a leash, but she's not trustworthy enough in my book to be let off one with me. Jeremy's the only one brave enough for that chaos.

In other news, my friend's mom was taken by ambulance today with a suspected heart attack. They had to shock her twice to bring her back. They're thinking it's not a heart attack now, but are awaiting test results. She had been sedated and intubated, but they've had to resuscitate her again if I'm understanding correctly. My mom is friends with the mom as well, and their other friend is tryin to update the best they can, so I'm hearing things 3rd hand. Since Paige is in the middle of all of this happening to her momma, I didn't want to bother her myself.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

On an unrelated note...I'm sure many of you remember Newsman.  I was near his resting place a few weeks ago and went by to visit. 

I sure miss that joker.

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

He (would've) loved that visit I know. I think of him often!

@Work. Doc visit went fine. Sugar was high, but I told her.. I've been having a snack binge lately. It's almost over. lol. Grabbed some breakfast and some fruit for snacking.

Backseat Radio

Was pulling into McDonalds to get food before church and felt my phone buzz. Checked the messages to find this...

ACW Family,

Due to recent severe weather, our church has sustained damage, including frozen pipes that have affected our furnace system, impacting walls and ceilings. We were hoping to be able to continue with service, but unfortunately, we must suspend tonight's service.

We anticipate, Lord willing, to resume services this weekend!

In the meantime, we invite you to revisit past services on our Facebook or YouTube channels, especially the latest from our Firm Foundations series, "Sin & Conviction," or our ongoing 2024 Grow/Vision series.

Your prayers and understanding are deeply appreciated. We love our ACW family!

Roscoe

So, I had another day off. Cancelled church since we had several back roads that were still yucky. Kinda feel guilty about cancelling but I didn't want the most faithful, my older folks, trying to get here and breaking a hip. Some of them will come no matter what if that door is open. I love their faithfulness, but I worry myself to death over them.
 Got word tomorrow is back to work, albeit two hours late. I've been reasonably good diet wise- may splurge and drink a ton of calories in the form of a  coffee or frappe tomorrow...