News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: dnr1128 on January 08, 2018, 08:02:26 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 08, 2018, 04:52:50 PMSomeone is smoking crack, and it ain't me. :lol: I carry a Tupperware gun while on duty because I have to, but the sweet shooting real man's gun, AKA Kimber, is usually nearby.

*insert eyeroll here* 

I'll trust my Glock any day of the week over that limber kimber. 
:pray: Oh Lawd, please restore him to a healthy mental state :pray:

I actually like Glocks- I've owned a ton of em and carried a ton more owned by my employers. But while they are good for a tool, for sheer shooting pleasure and knowledge of accuracy, I'll take my Kimber.

And today is a good day. I sold a ham radio and purchased another, better model. Now, the new one needs to hurry up and get here. Hopefully by Wednesday, since I'm off and would enjoy having all day to play with it....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

You sold A radio? How many of them things you got lying around?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

spent the afternoon with my mom and sister. we are going to try to plan a girls beach trip next fall.

tomorrow i go with the boss lady to my first gemstone show in asheville. ill get to help pick out things for the store and start learning the ropes.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

dnr1128

Quote from: Roscoe on January 09, 2018, 12:33:09 AM:pray: Oh Lawd, please restore him to a healthy mental state :pray:

I actually like Glocks- I've owned a ton of em and carried a ton more owned by my employers. But while they are good for a tool, for sheer shooting pleasure and knowledge of accuracy, I'll take my Kimber.

And today is a good day. I sold a ham radio and purchased another, better model. Now, the new one needs to hurry up and get here. Hopefully by Wednesday, since I'm off and would enjoy having all day to play with it....

Now I can agree with that.  Glocks are not designed to be fun to shoot.  They are designed to fire each and every time without fail.  That they do well. 

Which one did you sell? 

You know you want a Yaesu. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Roscoe

Quote from: dnr1128 on January 09, 2018, 01:56:21 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 09, 2018, 12:33:09 AM:pray: Oh Lawd, please restore him to a healthy mental state :pray:

Now I can agree with that.  Glocks are not designed to be fun to shoot.  They are designed to fire each and every time without fail.  That they do well. 

Which one did you sell? 

You know you want a Yaesu. 
I sold the 706MK2G....And I haven't wanted a Yaesu since 2013 when I was looking at a FT950.
Now UPS needs to step it up and get my new to me Icom 756 Pro3 here....
Quote from: Lynx on January 09, 2018, 12:48:23 AMYou sold A radio? How many of them things you got lying around?

Uh....do I ask how many computers you have??? :laughhard:
I'd have to count.  Just before Christmas I had two sets of antique Drake radios, a icom 718, a icom 746, and the icom 706 (mobile) here at the house. Got a couple more out as loaners that I truthfully don't remember who all I loaned them too. :lol:
Radios find me. They are a slight addiction. :hypocrite:
I gave the 718 to a close friend who was having a hard time, as a gift.  Now I've sold the 706...debating whether to sell the 746 too.
And Isaac those are the hf radios- for you that are not hams, the radios we use to talk worldwide ,not just local. The "local" radios, I've probably got another 4 or 5 around here.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

In light of that, the computer analogy was quite apt. Though I only have three laptops at the moment, and no desktop computers (who wants a desktop computer these days? Even a child refuses a desktop PC.)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 09, 2018, 11:38:25 AMIn light of that, the computer analogy was quite apt. Though I only have three laptops at the moment, and no desktop computers (who wants a desktop computer these days? Even a child refuses a desktop PC.)
I wouldn't mind a desktop for the ham room if it had wifi capabilities.
Morning all. I'm dragging this morning as always. Off tomorrow, since Chey is out of school. I don't mind the break...

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on January 09, 2018, 11:38:25 AMIn light of that, the computer analogy was quite apt. Though I only have three laptops at the moment, and no desktop computers (who wants a desktop computer these days? Even a child refuses a desktop PC.)
Makes me think of this commercial for Apple iPad pro. The kid is wondering around town doing all sorts of things on his iPad Pro. Doing a field project for school so he's taking pictures, inputting information, typing, drawing with the pencil etc. 
Then it ends where he's laying in the grass and his neighbor comes out and sees him and says "whatcha doing on your computer?" 
And the kid says "what's a computer?" 
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 09, 2018, 02:34:46 PMDear lawd its the fuzz!

oh...

wait...

:ugly:
:pound: What did ya do, look in the mirror? 'Cause fuzz is all that'll take root on that chrome dome....

mini

I meant that for PF. But my post messed up and it posted after you posted.  It fit well, so I left it. 
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

dnr1128

Quote from: Roscoe on January 09, 2018, 02:12:02 AMUh....do I ask how many computers you have??? :laughhard:
I'd have to count.  Just before Christmas I had two sets of antique Drake radios, a icom 718, a icom 746, and the icom 706 (mobile) here at the house. Got a couple more out as loaners that I truthfully don't remember who all I loaned them too. :lol:
Radios find me. They are a slight addiction. :hypocrite:
I gave the 718 to a close friend who was having a hard time, as a gift.  Now I've sold the 706...debating whether to sell the 746 too.
And Isaac those are the hf radios- for you that are not hams, the radios we use to talk worldwide ,not just local. The "local" radios, I've probably got another 4 or 5 around here.....

I've got several HTs (walkie talkies for you muggles) sitting around. 

Icom.  I wouldn't take one of those if it was fr, no yeah I think I would

Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

mini

Roscoe

Urgh. Just got up. Waiting on my radio delivery, worked on my taxes a bit- now if that other W2 would just get here- and reading the Word since I have to teach tonight..

Lynx

We never get our W2 until the very last of January. How do you get yours so early?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 10, 2018, 08:33:56 PMWe never get our W2 until the very last of January. How do you get yours so early?
It'll probably be a week or two before I get mine. I looked in the email this morning and a link to Lou's was already there. Looked like it had been since the 4th. Walmart is smokin' fast on electronic w2's, it seems.
And why is it, when you are waiting for something, the UPS guy takes forever?!? I know exactly when he's gonna deliver....right when I'm walking out the door for church. :pound:  Tomorrow night is radio night. I shall ignore any and all requests that do not involve radio.

dnr1128

If I'm home I'll jump on HF and join ya. 

The weather is looking nasty here tomorrow, so I may be working from home all day. 

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 10, 2018, 09:38:22 PMAnd why is it, when you are waiting for something, the UPS guy takes forever?!? I know exactly when he's gonna deliver....right when I'm walking out the door for church. :pound:  Tomorrow night is radio night. I shall ignore any and all requests that do not involve radio.
For some reason I get a mental picture of Bobby standing behind the pulpit at church, trying hard to preach a sermon, but he keeps using ham radio references as illustrations and the whole congregation is very confused.

Oh, and could I put in a request for "When God Unfolds The Rose"? :sing:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: dnr1128 on January 11, 2018, 04:32:51 AMIf I'm home I'll jump on HF and join ya. 

The weather is looking nasty here tomorrow, so I may be working from home all day. 
If I'm there, it'll be on the old faithful. I got in last night about 845 and was up until 1130. The new radio has the absolute best receiver I've ever heard. But it doesn't put out enough power to even key my amp, and the only contact I was able to make was on 40 meters- the reports were garbled, fuzzy audio and nearly unintelligible.  The ALC meter isn't working, and its power meter doesn't show any output. I found reports online of the same type issues. So after a call this morning, it's headed back to MTC. I don't know if I'm going to ship it, or just drive down Saturday, since Lou is off. Really disappointing. The receive is everything I've heard it would be and it is beautiful.

Quote from: Lynx on January 11, 2018, 01:11:14 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 10, 2018, 09:38:22 PMAnd why is it, when you are waiting for something, the UPS guy takes forever?!? I know exactly when he's gonna deliver....right when I'm walking out the door for church. :pound:  Tomorrow night is radio night. I shall ignore any and all requests that do not involve radio.
For some reason I get a mental picture of Bobby standing behind the pulpit at church, trying hard to preach a sermon, but he keeps using ham radio references as illustrations and the whole congregation is very confused.

Oh, and could I put in a request for "When God Unfolds The Rose"? :sing:
No, you can not. :pound: And I made it through the whole service without a mention of ham radio, thank you very much.....

Nelle

I'm exhausted. I feel like every single day this week has been those awful Monday memes you see. I know some of it is that since Jeremy's working 25 min from my workplace and his truck is a gas hog - we've been carpooling to my workplace so that he doesn't have to drive his truck the full 45-60 min one-way commute. I've been getting up a full hour and 15 minutes earlier than I normally had, which will be great once I get use to it and can fully enjoy that extra hour at work in the mornings before the crazy chaos hits. BUT - Until then, I'm exhausted. Year-end is very quickly climbing up my priority list! Plus We're not going fully live with our new accounting software until March, but I feel like this training on my end will never end. LOL. I'm trying to balance between two accounting software programs and it's a little confusing! :) I'm thankful for a job, because I know as miserable as I feel right now, I'd feel worse if I couldn't pay my bills or feed my family. I shouldn't complain about what others would love to have.  But I am really hoping that this "winter storm" turns into just enough to make sure I don't go to work tomorrow LOL. I'll go in Saturday to make up for it. :)

How early do all of you go to bed for the evening? I use to pretty much be a 10-10:30, maybe 11 person. BUT.. since our new schedule, I'm ready to sleep by 9.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on January 11, 2018, 04:07:24 PMI'm exhausted. I feel like every single day this week has been those awful Monday memes you see. I know some of it is that since Jeremy's working 25 min from my workplace and his truck is a gas hog - we've been carpooling to my workplace so that he doesn't have to drive his truck the full 45-60 min one-way commute. I've been getting up a full hour and 15 minutes earlier than I normally had, which will be great once I get use to it and can fully enjoy that extra hour at work in the mornings before the crazy chaos hits. BUT - Until then, I'm exhausted. Year-end is very quickly climbing up my priority list! Plus We're not going fully live with our new accounting software until March, but I feel like this training on my end will never end. LOL. I'm trying to balance between two accounting software programs and it's a little confusing! :) I'm thankful for a job, because I know as miserable as I feel right now, I'd feel worse if I couldn't pay my bills or feed my family. I shouldn't complain about what others would love to have.  But I am really hoping that this "winter storm" turns into just enough to make sure I don't go to work tomorrow LOL. I'll go in Saturday to make up for it. :)

How early do all of you go to bed for the evening? I use to pretty much be a 10-10:30, maybe 11 person. BUT.. since our new schedule, I'm ready to sleep by 9.
Sadly, we can't seem to get in bed around our house until 1030 or 11. And then it is likely I'll toss and turn for another hour. If I sit down in the recliner in the evening though, I zonk out before I have time to crack the cover of the first book. I have to keep myself active and moving if I want to get anything done.
 And if any winter travel conditions happen, it needs to happen Monday night, and be gone by Thursday. I don't want to have a single day of my weekend messed up by it, especially on a holiday weekend, and I have things to do next weekend. It can feel free to ice and snow me out of the office Tuesday and Wednesday though- even Thursday morning, as long as it's gone by Thursday evening.

And I called the radio store. They troubleshot everything with me, then advised to package it up and ship it back to them and they'll issue a refund. I'm glad, but miffed. Glad I won't be out the money- it was a huge sum to me- miffed because it'll take a couple of weeks before the money hits, given the transportation time, and I won't have the beautiful radio I skrimped, saved and sold things for. :mad:

MsJennJenn

More often than not my bedtime is between 12-1a. I have random occurrences of it being between 10-12, but again those are random. I have an app on my phone that coincides with my Apple watch called Pillow. It tracks your sleeping patterns etc. It tells me that my "optimal bedtime" is 12:45 because that's when I'll get the best quality of sleep. I don't think it's completely wrong.

If I go to bed at 10 or 11, I will often lay in bed for an hour or two trying to sleep but not. *shrug*
Sleep varies! I'm a poor sleeper. Things wake me up. I sleep too lightly. :nono:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

dnr1128

Last night, due to extenuating circumstances, I was up till 0300, then back up for an hour at seven, then laid down for a bit longer. 

Working from home today.  It's too cold to be outside anyway.  I've done put in my time working out in the cold.  No mas. 

dnr1128

Quote from: Roscoe on January 11, 2018, 01:53:45 PMIf I'm there, it'll be on the old faithful. I got in last night about 845 and was up until 1130. The new radio has the absolute best receiver I've ever heard. But it doesn't put out enough power to even key my amp, and the only contact I was able to make was on 40 meters- the reports were garbled, fuzzy audio and nearly unintelligible.  The ALC meter isn't working, and its power meter doesn't show any output. I found reports online of the same type issues. So after a call this morning, it's headed back to MTC. I don't know if I'm going to ship it, or just drive down Saturday, since Lou is off. Really disappointing. The receive is everything I've heard it would be and it is beautiful.

Normally you and I can hear each other fairly well.