News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

We travel to South Carolina tomorrow for a number of reason. Neither of us really want to move but everything is pointing us that way. Brandon meets the GM, has a physical, etc tomorrow. I have a meet and tour Thursday morning. We are going in with a lists of things that HAVE to happen for us to move. Only with those will we actually do this.

Brandon was hoping for a counter offer from AZ but they have completely ignored him and essentially let him know they don't appreciate all he does for them. He has applied for A LOT of positions here as well.

Pray for us. We should know answers by tomorrow evening.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Happy late birfday Jenn.
Praying, Heather.
All others- Dragging. As used to Mini- the Chinese have surely attacked because I'm Dragon' butt.
I cannot get motivated this morning and even the sugar high isn't helping. Said sugar high obtained by scarfing a chocolate twinkie and chugging on a mountain dew.
Hopefully today will not be as busy as it has been this week.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Prayers Heather.

Almost drove the jeep to work today.  I must be getting old.  The thought of a 30-mile ride in 60-degree weather this morning didn't sound fun, even if the afternoon will be perfect.

*sigh*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

This afternoon was AWESOME for an open air Jeep ride! Why didn't you wear a jacket this morning? You would have loved it!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Because I am old.

20 years ago, a 30 mile jeep ride in 60 degree weather wouldn't have been a problem.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Twenty years ago a one mile run on foot wouldn't have been a problem. Age makes a huge difference. LOL
 I told one of my new hires yesterday on the way to the range, "If you see me running, either there's food ahead of me or something meaner than me behind me and I have no ammo".

Got 13 people scheduled today. Get through today and I head out for the Looooong Drive...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Okay but 60 degrees isn't THAT bad is it? lol you're not as old as Roscoe are you Mini?

:hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

60* when you're driving is colder than you think.
I learned that when we went riding 4-wheelers in Arkansas. I was perfectly fine sitting still but needed a jacket when we were moving. Wind chill factor, I suppose.

Nelle

Quote from: Nelle on July 22, 2019, 10:12:41 PMYawn..

@Work waiting on the husband to get done delivering mail so we can go pick up his work car and bring it home, so I won't have to get up at 5:30 again tomorrow morning to carpool. Thankful the cost to get rid of its issues were only $15.32, but also a little annoying to have just had the car in the shop to prevent these types of things while we were on vacation, haha. Quick balance of the tires, a leak check, and a sensor cleared - and the Elantra is running smooth again I hope! :)

At least I have somewhere cool to wait (work).. and I don't mean cool as in fun. I mean cool as in not the devil's home, haha.

TPMS light came on again. We are playing the waiting game to see if we will call first or if the car will die first. lol..

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 25, 2019, 05:18:20 PMOkay but 60 degrees isn't THAT bad is it? lol you're not as old as Roscoe are you Mini?

At 60 degrees and 65 mph, it feels like 53.  After 30 miles, it feels something like -3000 degrees.  And I have the top and doors off on the Jeep...so its reaalllly cold. 

:ugly:

And no, Roscoe is 30 or 40 years older than me.

Heather

Because God is all about the fog right now, everything in SC went awesome. BUT while we were there Brandon got a call for an interview back home. So....we high tailed it back here today. That interview went really well too and we should have an answer by end of day Tuesday. So.....we still wait...... [Lord, can we PLEASE get some sort of answer?????]

Roscoe

Lol@Heather

:pound: Mini.
I am only 3 years older than that bald headed fossil. And I am not in denial like Sasquatch is.
Made it to Jackson. Had reserved a cheap room at Rodeway Inn. Never again. Looked sketchy, but hey, it's just for 6 hours or so.... WRONG.
 We walked in and before we set everything down, Lou peeled back the covers- and bugs went everywhere. She screamed, I screamed, and out the door we went. Got a refund, told the Indian dude at the counter why- he says," ok. Did you mess up the bed?" I said no-but it HAS BUGS." Ok, I'll make the bed up."
 Dude is gonna rent it out again. SMH.
We went an exit further and got a nice room at a nice hotel. After the desk clerk heard the story he was an absolute angel and gave me a coupon discount which made it actually cheap that the roach motel. He restored my faith in mankind...

Lynx

Wait, y'all are taking a road trip? Which Jackson are y'all at? If you're in Jackson, TN and you aren't stopping by to say hi...

Man, if I'd known you were coming I could have made sourdough cinnamon rolls.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Quote from: mini on July 25, 2019, 09:07:58 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 25, 2019, 05:18:20 PMOkay but 60 degrees isn't THAT bad is it? lol you're not as old as Roscoe are you Mini?

At 60 degrees and 65 mph, it feels like 53.  After 30 miles, it feels something like -3000 degrees.  And I have the top and doors off on the Jeep...so its reaalllly cold. 

I actually understand that. Even at bicycle speed it gets cool fast. But in late fall I wear a coat, hat and gloves, because it'll be great coming home.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 26, 2019, 10:49:47 AMWait, y'all are taking a road trip? Which Jackson are y'all at? If you're in Jackson, TN and you aren't stopping by to say hi...

You is gonna kill me- it is Jackson Tn, but we are in a time crunch. As I mentioned a few days ago we are enroute to Rogersville, in East TN...a long drive and just a weekend to do it. So no time to drop by and drive folk insane....

mini

You don't have to stop by to drive folks insane... :ugly:

I caved today and drove the jeep to work.  After my body submitted to hypothermia, it was a pleasant drive.

Heather

Roscoe, if yall are going to be around for church on Sunday come on by The Sanctuary. Gray, TN. Service at 2:30.

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on July 26, 2019, 03:19:36 PMRoscoe, if yall are going to be around for church on Sunday come on by The Sanctuary. Gray, TN. Service at 2:30.
Appreciate the invite.I'll have to see how the time is. After all the construction on 40, I think we are going to take a longer route home that will be mainly back road...

Heather

And to make life even more fun, our landlord told us yesterday that he is putting our house up for sale....

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh, Heather, that's hard. Sometimes it'd be nice to have a gps for life that says turn right in 5 miles then take the next left... or something.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 27, 2019, 01:34:18 AMOh, Heather, that's hard. Sometimes it'd be nice to have a gps for life that says turn right in 5 miles then take the next left... or something.
My gps would just constantly say "Recalculating Route". :smirk:

Just got up. About to take birthday girl to find breakfast and go battle hoards to get autographs...

Heather

Upon further digging into the house selling debacle, the landlord is concerned he "can't do what all he used to" as far as upkeep with the houses goes. Brandon assured him [if we are here] we are more than willing to put in any work on our house and to assist him with most anything in his house. For the time being, he has decided to hold off on selling.

The sigh of relief I had today could probably be heard states away.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 26, 2019, 11:48:59 AM
Quote from: Lynx on July 26, 2019, 10:49:47 AMWait, y'all are taking a road trip? Which Jackson are y'all at? If you're in Jackson, TN and you aren't stopping by to say hi...

You is gonna kill me- it is Jackson Tn, but we are in a time crunch. As I mentioned a few days ago we are enroute to Rogersville, in East TN...a long drive and just a weekend to do it. So no time to drop by and drive folk insane....
If you HAD stopped by, your timing would have been wonderful. Last night was our church homecoming dinner. I took a few seconds of video of the food table, then another video of the dessert table, because I have some chat friends up north who just turn the most beautiful shade of envy-emerald when it comes to good old suthern cookin. I can't post them here but I will forward them to you on your phone.

Highlights include a homemade chocolate cheesecake, corn bread muffins, three kinds of potato casserole (NOT hash brown casserole... real potatoes cut up and made into a casserole with sour cream and everything) four or five different kinds of baked beans, most of them with some kind of meat in there, two different kinds of chicken and dressing (both tasty) and a lot of other stuff.

I brought chocolate chip cookies, the recipe with oat flour. They were delicious, but there was so much food in general that I had a lot of cookies left over. Unfortunately these cookies are like crack. You can't eat just one. You can't eat just twenty. I seem to be having chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, by default, because I can't stop eating them.

I'm calling it oatmeal though. It has oat flour and brown sugar, and people often put brown sugar in oatmeal... Yeah, I'm having oatmeal with chocolate chips for breakfast.

#ineedhelp
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Lord, what a drive. Just got home- 1040pm here. Left Rogersville this morning around 1145 their time, so close to 13 hours. I did that to myself- trying to avoid road construction, we slipped off the interstate a couple of times, one of which turned into a 40 mile ,hour long detour. Had I stayed on the interstate the construction delay woulda been 20 minutes. But I did get to see a beautiful part of Tennessee.

Taco and the Clown ran over and met us at Rogersville. It was great to see them. Chey got autographs from "Enos" and "Luke Duke", and I got to meet them too, which truthfully made me happy too, since I've been a fan for 30+ years.
We can't afford another trip like that for a while though. LOL Glad I took tomorrow off.

Lynx

Enos... "The only honest lawman Hazzard County has ever seen." Poor guy. Always outvoted by his boss and the other flunky.
"Do you sing at church?"