News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We need to consider shutting this place down.

Started by Scott, January 08, 2016, 07:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soubriquet

New forum loaded... some new features.  Have fun, don't break it!

@Scott   :hypocrite:
the web guy (the one who's usually at fault when it doesn't work)

Roscoe

Quote from: Soubriquet on January 16, 2016, 04:27:10 AMNew forum loaded... some new features.  Have fun, don't break it!

OOOO- a "like"button!  Time to see what new mischief can be caused...:-)
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Soubriquet

Quote from: Roscoe on January 16, 2016, 08:03:02 AM
Quote from: Soubriquet on January 16, 2016, 04:27:10 AMNew forum loaded... some new features.  Have fun, don't break it!

OOOO- a "like"button!  Time to see what new mischief can be caused...:-)
Indeed... You can also tag folks like @Roscoe :)

This is actually a beta version of the forum coding, but I think it's stable enough to try here.

Backseat Radio

New forum software appears to be more mobile friendly. Looks nice

Lynx

Quote from a video game I once played: "Thugs 4 Less. If it ain't broke... we'll break it. How may I help you?"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 16, 2016, 07:21:58 PMOk, where is the "like" button?
Right under the lower left side of every comment. Use it frequently on my posts. :-p
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Soubriquet

Quote from: mini on January 16, 2016, 09:03:41 PMI dont see the like button.
You were deemed unworthy. Aka, there are way too many groups and I didn't get them all.  You should be able to see it now.

Soubriquet

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 16, 2016, 08:43:58 PMSo does this mean GP stays? lol
I think that's still contingent on activity.  Need more folks active...

MelodyB

I'm here!

I can't see avatars...but this new format is ok I guess. As long as we still have GP for now.

I have mixed emotions about it all. I understand Roscoes view, and I understand Scott and Jerry...it's senseless keep something that isn't active like it used to be. I have TONS of memories here and with the meet ups and the individual visits and vacations, I have met dear lifelong friends as well.

I too get bored and go digging up threads sometimes and the memories of my own life thru my own posts and the memories of others happiness and trials thru their stuff is awesome to read. I would hate to lose that. But I see the need.

I would be sad as well.

I'm undecided. Not that my opinion matters much. I just wanted to chime in.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Soubriquet

The phone-friendly display hides the avatars. You'll see them on a computer.

mini

So, maybe we should all get ahold of every gp'er we know and tell them to get off their tails and post.  DRUM UP BUSINESS!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

The ones I know in person are already here...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

You're all weirdos.

Always and forever. 

:smirk2:

Chseeads

Autopartsgirl, or whatever her name even is currently says the new sign in tells her she's blocked. 

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on January 17, 2016, 06:11:14 PMAutopartsgirl, or whatever her name even is currently says the new sign in tells her she's blocked. 
well,my lord, cheesehead. Unblock her, we need every body! Lol. 
And it's about time you came back you fowl fiend.

taco_harvell

Everything goes through fazes. If those  in charge are done let someone else step up. If you shut it down a new incarnation will be opened.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

Quote from: Chseeads on January 17, 2016, 06:11:14 PMAutopartsgirl, or whatever her name even is currently says the new sign in tells her she's blocked. 

I was just coming in here to say this...or something similar.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Scott

There are bugs in the new forum. Lots of errors.  Let me know what problems.

@Soubriquet  You may want to look at the error log.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Soubriquet

Quote from: Scott on January 18, 2016, 06:00:57 AMThere are bugs in the new forum. Lots of errors.  Let me know what problems.

@Soubriquet  You may want to look at the error log.
Yeah, don't worry about those.

Quote from: MelodyB on January 17, 2016, 07:54:20 PM
I was just coming in here to say this...or something similar.
I saw this yesterday, but the forum said she was logged in. @Tricia Lea ?  http://mission238.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=12540

The Purple Fuzzy

I think her username is now HeatherB. Tricia is a different person.