News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

It was borderline dreary here today, not that I saw much of it. Just now got back home- I came in and immediately took a call from Lou wanting to meet up with friends for dinner. Not what I wanted , but I went....since she has to work the next three days, I guess she deserves it. Still have no idea what time she is getting off this weekend either. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

yesterday was kinda dreary here but thankfully no rain for dad's services. today starts the hard part of him not being here with us anymore in day to day life.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on December 22, 2017, 06:14:28 PMyesterday was kinda dreary here but thankfully no rain for dad's services. today starts the hard part of him not being here with us anymore in day to day life.
I'd tell you it gets better- and it does, kinda. It goes to a dull ache, but that's life... for me, my parents' birthdays and the dates of their passing is hardest on me, which is partially why from the middle of September until January I'm generally more withdrawn in person.
And it's been rainy all day. Dreary. The kind of day that you want to cuddle up with a good book, a glass of drink and the Chihuahuas with the fireplace going. And that's exactly what I intend to do when I get home. :-p
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

The past 2 days I've only cried 1st thing in the morning when I wake up and remember he is gone. Last night we went to a retro arcade that just opened. They specialize in pinball which was dads favorite.

Ok. I did have 2 other teary moments though. Yesterday I was cleaning out the bag I used for my funeral clothes and found a random seashell from the beach and today I told Brandon I was going to mom and Dad's later and caught myself.

So far today I've snuggled the animals, put on worship music, and am on the couch with the bible. I really want to finish up my read through this year while it is still this year so I can get my certificate at church.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

I just ate with roscoe and mini and their families! :grin: it was fun! I like them.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

:hi:

I'm bored and watching Christmas music videos on YouTube.  I should be getting sleep so I'm awake and coherent for the candle light and communion service tomorrow morning at church.

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on December 24, 2017, 01:21:08 AMI just ate with roscoe and mini and their families! :grin: it was fun! I like them.
And we really enjoyed it too! I'll stand by what I said several years ago- she got a good one when she got Burrito.

mini

We even managed to make Roscoe thinner and taller!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: mini on December 24, 2017, 12:30:26 PMWe even managed to make Roscoe thinner and taller!
Yes, picture editing apps are amazing these days. =^.^=
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 25, 2017, 02:13:16 AM
Quote from: mini on December 24, 2017, 12:30:26 PMWe even managed to make Roscoe thinner and taller!
Yes, picture editing apps are amazing these days. =^.^=
It weren't an app. It was a case of Burrito and Jerm having a manly bear hug- with me trapped in between. :pound:

In short,I looked like that Veruca Salt kid in the Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie, after she was ran through the juicer. Gumby-ish.

Got up and went to the first 10 am service I've been to in years. Looked up in time to see one of my one troublesome parolees come in the church. He approached the pastor, spoke with him, then the pastor pointed towards me. Dude says" You look familiar". I said, "I should, I'm your parole officer."
Long story short, he suddenly decided he just wanted prayer after he recognized who I was. We prayed for him and I watched him through the service because I know his history and while I'm pleased he was in church and hope he's changed, given said history, I wasn't gonna trust him ten feet.
Then I came home and cooked a huge ham, and we enjoyed a pre-Christmas dinner with friends.
Oh, and in between church and the ham, I ran by Walmart to get some rolls. Was instantly reminded that yoga pants are never appropriate, even less so if the wearer has a belly that reaches to their knees.
Hope everyone has a great Merry Christmas.

mini

I could have gone the rest of the year without the yoga pants comment.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on December 25, 2017, 01:25:21 PMI could have gone the rest of the year without the yoga pants comment.

Merry Christmas everyone!
I coulda gone the rest of my life without seeing it.
Merry Christmas,all!!

mini

Let me be the first to wish all of you a Merry Christmas (for next year)!

sunlight

Quote from: mini on December 26, 2017, 03:02:30 PMLet me be the first to wish all of you a Merry Christmas (for next year)!

Thanks John!

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on December 26, 2017, 03:02:30 PMLet me be the first to wish all of you a Merry Christmas (for next year)!
May the soundtrack of your life for the next year be "Last Christmas" by Wham for that.  **Scratch that. For the first time, I actually looked that song up and played it. I made it through the first verse. That is torture. I couldn't wish that on my worst enemy. That stupid thing would be outlawed by the Geneva Convention if played around prisoners of war..

Urgh. I am kinda awake. And it is cold out. And I've felt like crud the last two days, with congestion and fever. Needless to say, I suspect my ambitious plans to do tile work are not coming true this week..

mini

You have tormented me about that song and never listened to it?!? You dirty rat...lol

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

NO WAY!!! Last Christmas, by Wham, is my ALL TIME FAVORITE Secular Christmas song!

Like seriously. I have loved it for years! I hate when Taylor Swift or whoever the female is that remade it recently, is heard on the radio, I will change the station... Like for real.

How could you not like that song?     

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Because it is the most awful song ever recorded in the history of Christmas songs.

:ugly:

sunlight

Quote from: MelodyB on December 27, 2017, 06:21:58 AMNO WAY!!! Last Christmas, by Wham, is my ALL TIME FAVORITE Secular Christmas song!

Like seriously. I have loved it for years! I hate when Taylor Swift or whoever the female is that remade it recently, is heard on the radio, I will change the station... Like for real.

How could you not like that song?     

You like a song about someone giving their heart away and it getting stomped on? :eyebrow:

Nelle

Back at work today. I enjoyed seeing my family!! Jeremy started his job today with orientation. He was recognized at the swearing-in as a veteran. He got a special lanyard and a special pin for his uniform. I'm so thankful that God allowed him to be full-time. The other ones hired are all part-time. His provision really shows every single time! Life's not easy, sometimes it looks like it's not going "our way," but He works it out for our good!

Plus, I'm really glad Jeremy is excited about this job! Makes mornings a little easier - for a while at least. LOL.. I told him when I knew he'd be getting up before me in the mornings now that I was going to be getting some of the best sleep ever. Something about hearing an alarm clock, knowing it's not yours, and being able to go back to sleep.. :D

Mini - I know those parolees are difficult, but I'm glad they have someone as dedicated as you to watch over them. It's good to hear about people in such important positions who care about how they do their job! :D

Heather, I'm going to keep you in my prayers. I haven't lost a parent yet, but I have lost all 3 of the living grandparents I started my life with. They've each been difficult, and I still get teary-eyed about them when I think of them. We try to focus on the good memories we had with them, so that slowly, I'm remembering them with a smile instead of just tears for my sadness of losing them. I'm so thankful for the lives they lived and the love they gave, each in their own special way!

mini

Quote from: Nelle on December 27, 2017, 06:18:56 PMMini - I know those parolees are difficult, but I'm glad they have someone as dedicated as you to watch over them. It's good to hear about people in such important positions who care about how they do their job! :D

Hey, thats the shorter version of me thats a Parole Warden, aka Roscoe.

Lynx

Quote from: mini on December 27, 2017, 08:26:37 PMHey, thats the shorter version of me thats a Parole Warden, aka Roscoe.

Yeah the friendly one is the parole officer. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: