News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

For the second straight night, Chey is spending the night away from home. Last night it was with one school friend. Then tonight it is a sleepover with another. I wonder why she doesn't want to be here at home?!?
Lou and I took advantage to go out to eat and buy a metric ton of things Chey wants for Christmas. I think we covered everything on her list- ammo for her "gorgeous beautiful Kimber", books, and Barbies. Now I'm chillin' at home while Lou has called it a night early since she has to work at 5 tomorrow.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Dad had to go back on the respirator last night. We've been told there is slim chance he will come back off of it. His respiration rate is double what a normal persons is and it's literally wearing his body out. He told mom the other day that he wants to fight but his body is fighting him. Thankful for a boss who stepped in on the last Saturday and took my shift so I could stay at the hospital today.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:cry: Prayers, Heather.

Well. I've spent all day cleaning the house, got some propane for the propane fireplace, and currently have a marinated pork loin in the smoker..

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Pork loin was delish. And it rained good last night, which we needed. I am about to smoke a meatloaf for work tomorrow...

Roscoe

Apparently I'm talking to myself... :sadbounce: Everybody has left us.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's a gray foggy day. We got some much needed rain this weekend but no fun to go outside in it, so we've been mostly in the house.

MsJennJenn

Ugh Monday. Again.

But in approximately 2 days and 5 hours I will be boarding a plane to Indiana for EIGHT days to spend Christmas with my brother and sis-in-law. SO EXCITED.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 18, 2017, 03:04:34 PMUgh Monday. Again.

But in approximately 2 days and 5 hours I will be boarding a plane to Indiana for EIGHT days to spend Christmas with my brother and sis-in-law. SO EXCITED.
Flying over us...:sadbounce:
Enjoy the trip. If I can survive until Friday I get ten glorious days off.
And does anyone have suggestions for Spring break this year? Chey is going to be out 3/10/18- 3/19/2018 and we always take a family vacation then. We want someplace that will be warm preferably. Chey wanted to do some history stuff- the kid loves history, but most all of the presidents and historical stuff is in eastern US, which is likely to be cold and possibly snow that time of year....

MsJennJenn

The best friend and I are going to Aruba in May. Definitely warm. :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on December 18, 2017, 05:23:50 PM

And does anyone have suggestions for Spring break this year? Chey is going to be out 3/10/18- 3/19/2018 and we always take a family vacation then. We want someplace that will be warm preferably. Chey wanted to do some history stuff- the kid loves history, but most all of the presidents and historical stuff is in eastern US, which is likely to be cold and possibly snow that time of year....

I have heard that the presidential library's are well worth the trip.  One person who has been to many said Dwight D. Eisenhower's in Abilene, KS was the best one he had ever been to.

https://www.eisenhower.archives.gov/#

https://www.archives.gov/presidential-libraries

https://www.google.com/maps/search/presidential+libraries
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Grant was here during the battle of Shiloh... and the Shiloh park is right near us.

Just saying.

You can even see Cherry Mansion where Grant stayed, and from where he sent troops down the TN river. Or up the river. Or something... the river does a weird curve and flows the other way around here.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Dad passed away at 11:59 pm Monday December 18. We haven't posted to social media yet. My heart is shattered.

mini

Oh Heather.  I don't know what to say.  My heart breaks for you.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on December 18, 2017, 05:23:50 PM

You know- Nacogdoches is the oldest town in Texas- tons of history here and I happen to know of a place that you could stay without paying!

sunlight

Quote from: Heather on December 19, 2017, 07:24:00 AMDad passed away at 11:59 pm Monday December 18. We haven't posted to social media yet. My heart is shattered.

Ohh man. That's hard. So sorry. :hug:
:sadbounce:

Nelle

Heather, I am SO so sorry. I will be praying for you and your family!!

Roscoe

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Headache for the second day in a row. Physical headache, not the 160+ felons I supervise, although they are a contributing factor. It's dreary and gray outside.

Heather

Thank you all. It's not too bad with people around but when it's only the 3 of us (4 with Brandon), we all get weepy. Visitation and service is tomorrow. Thankfully my boss gave me the week off, which I was surprised at since I work retail and it's right before Christmas.

Roscoe

In addition to the physical headache, I wound up having to work a bit from home tonight after learning one of my parolees, who is a sex offender, failed his polygraph, indicating he has messed up sexually. Now I'm worried out the wazoo that I missed something I shoulda caught and have spent the last hour auditing his casefile...I REALLY wish they'd take that particular type of criminal from my supervision...

The Purple Fuzzy