News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
 Been a busy couple of days. Work, work, and more work. Then two nights ago, I put snickerdoodle cookies in the oven- and it no workie right. I raved and ranted, shuffled budget items, and prepared to go buy a new range. Tried to be thankful that we COULD actually buy a cheap range, all the while fuming about the damage it was gonna do to my plans, especially right at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
While I'm looking online for the cheapest price, knowing that I wouldn't be buying a glass top range like I wanted, couldn't afford it, but a cheapie coil burner again, (which ticked me off even more, because with a new coil burner I couldn't justify the upgrade to a glass top) Lou looks at a facebook swap site. A friend posted an electric range literally seconds before she opened the site. She messaged back and forth- long story short, we bought a range, approximately two years old, for $100. It was not a cheapie. It is a GE glasstop, self cleaning oven, timers, all the bells and whistles. Probably a $450-600 stove new. Exactly what we wanted AND it was white to match our fridge.
I am amazed at God's faithfulness. It HAD to be God. At that price it would have been gone in no time- in fact after Lou messaged her, there were at least three more people contacting her. Yet, thanks to the Master, the woman posted it EXACTLY when Lou opened that site.

I've already baked a caramel-apple cheesecake and a Buttermilk Pie in it tonight, and have a ham covered in brown sugar, pineapples and cherries sitting in the oven waiting to be baked tomorrow morning. :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Yay for buttermilk pie!  :D

So how DOES a person stick to a diet during the holidays?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Happy black Friday everyone!

Wait... it's only Thursday morning.

But the sale starts in just a few hours...

Actually the sale already started some places.

AAAARGH! Everyone keeps trying to get a jump on everyone else's sale, it's confusing me! What day is today?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 24, 2016, 12:38:58 PMYay for buttermilk pie!  :D

So how DOES a person stick to a diet during the holidays?
Ya don't. :lol:
Lord, this ham be smellin' good. And the mashed tators are delish...Baked beans smokin' in the smoker along with corn on the cob..My own homemade dressing in the oven, none of that Stovetop Stuffing mess here, thank you.. Having concerns that I can make it until 1130...:lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And. I made it until 1130. Then I tore it up. We had a widow lady in our church out for dinner. Other than cook, I've done nothing worthwhile. Don't expect to change that tonight,either..

Heather

I'm pretty sure the end is nigh and we all better be right with Jesus.

I went to Brandon's mom's family's get-together this afternoon. They were all really nice to me and I would even branch out and say I had a good time It was weird.

Then we went to my mamaw's......and she dropped the bomb on us. Her and her fiancee [who have been together for 40 years even while both of them were still married] have seperated and he has moved back toward Richlands. There is a God and He loves me y'all. Seriously. Jesus is coming.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Well. Went and picked up my new toy. Came home happy about that. Heard a loud "bang"...washing machine goes nuts. Turned out a spring holding the tub had broken, and took out the shock absorber too. Lord. Will the appliances ever quit dying?!!?  :tearhair:  :tearhair:  :tearhair:
A few minutes of diagnosing, and a few minutes on ebay, and I have parts on order for $30.
Thankful that I'm dumb enough to think that I can fix things, and the resources to do so. But still...man. Irritating to say the least. It'll be five days before my parts get here. We won't have a clean stitch to wear...

The Purple Fuzzy

It makes you appreciate things when you have to do without them for a bit...

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 26, 2016, 02:34:52 AMIt makes you appreciate things when you have to do without them for a bit...
I'd like to appreciate some problems, if this is so...:lol:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 26, 2016, 02:00:54 PMNote to self: Stay upwind of Bobby for the next week or so.
:pound:
And in sharing, while I've got the washing maching out of it's closet, I'm gonna cut the sheetrock and investigate wether it will be possible to cut a door in the wall between the closet and the carport room. If it is something I can do- no water pipes and the like in the wall- I'm gonna put a doorway in there and move the dryer into the carport room. Then I'll move some shelves and put up a rod to hang clothes on, build Lou a laundry room like she's been wanting.

Lynx

Carport room? Isn't that the room you have your ham radio stuff in? Or is that a different carport room?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 26, 2016, 04:42:37 PMCarport room? Isn't that the room you have your ham radio stuff in? Or is that a different carport room?
It WAS. At the first of this year, Lou let her guard down and I moved my stuff into the guest room...

Heather

Since we have finally figured out where the money is coming from, I get to register mid-week this week for next semester. Due to the 'not sure what's going on' phase, I seriously slacked on my school work. I have a research paper due on Thursday that I've done NOTHING for. But I busted my tail and got everything else done so that's all I have to concentrate on this weekend.

We also made the decision that I will only hold 1 job next semester. Brandon is getting a significant raise and he was the one who actuallly brought up my not over-working. I could seriously graduate with honors. That's crazy.

Roscoe

That would be AWESOME, Heather.
And a follow up to sharing- no door to the carport room. I cut a small "door" to check-got a vent pipe running right in the middle of the only place the door could go, and it doesn't appear to be easily movable. Oh well. Less work for me.

Lynx

Note to self: Don't drop in on Bobby unexpectedly and expect a place to sleep. :p
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Note to Isaac:  Don't drop in on ANYONE unexpectedly, that's what phones are for. :P

Heather

Got my largest assignment done [8 page research paper for English] and out of the way only to find out that I need a project proposal in the next 2 hours for a final in 1 class and 3 essays for another. Lort I'm gonna be living off caffeine for the next 10 days.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on November 24, 2016, 02:06:36 PMHappy black Friday everyone!

Wait... it's only Thursday morning.

But the sale starts in just a few hours...

Actually the sale already started some places.

AAAARGH! Everyone keeps trying to get a jump on everyone else's sale, it's confusing me! What day is today?

We shopped sales Thursday night at like 3pm. JCP opened at 3pm to which we stood in that line for almost 3 hours. They were HORRID at Black whatever day it was.
Then we left there, went in Target for an ipad, and a Samsung sound bar and were in and OUT in under 15 minutes. Target RULES black friday sales.

Then my sis went on actual black FRIDAY and weren't met with the insane 3 hour line, but we stood in line at Michael Kors for like 1/2 hour. But it was worth it. Sale we got a purse for Mom was very good.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi: Lord, today was INSANE. All day long, calls and people. Interrupted one busy part of the day to cart a young man who can't seem to do right off to jail, then back to the grindstone.  Didn't so much as have time to eat lunch, or do anything else. So  I sit here with pork in the smoker and I am ravenous, which is not good for me or the scales that have been proclaiming that my diet is missing me. I ate an apple to stave off starvation.

Heather

Finally able to register for classes. Signed up for 4 so far and have to get permits for the other 2 I want.

My sister broke up with her boyfriend 2 weeks ago. She bought a new car on Black Friday that they are not giving her trouble with the financing. Today she found out her 11 year old cat has cancer. She needs a break.  :cry:

The Purple Fuzzy

I have a big pile of brush burning so that makes me think of Mel. :)

Roscoe

Hearing that the fire in Gatlinburg is getting real bad..:sadbounce:
Been a busy day today. One of my coworkers who is a very close friend needs prayer. She started having problems a week or so ago when her mama had a heart attack and surgery...then her elderly aunt, who has dementia, wandered off from her cousins, and hasn't been found. Then this morning, she awakens at 2 am to her husband apparently having a seizure, called Medical personnel and he was transported to a Little Rock Hospital where he's in intensive care and they are saying that he might not - likely won't- pull through. If all of this isn't bad enough, while following the ambulance to the hospital, her car quit, possibly blowing a headgasket. Breaks my heart- all I can offer to do is pray.

Heather

The entire Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevier County area needs prayer. Thankfully today is supposed to be a pretty steady rainfall. There is a professor in my department who is fro Gatlinburg. The family land/home she grew up in and owns is gone. There are conflicting reports as to what has and hasn't been destroyed. Lots of people looking for family they can't find. Most of our local fire departments have sent people to help. Lots of locals have opened their barns, fields and stables for misplaced livestock and horses.

Got into my last 2 classes. 6 classes in total and Ive decided to at least work 3-6 hours at my 2nd job. I know it sounds terrible but I can't trust Brandon to keep us going financially. He got paid on Friday and already as of yesterday he had bounced his bank account. I'm just thankful I decided to be stubborn and keep 2 seperate accounts.

I'm 3 papers and 3 tests from the end of the semester. Just hope I can get there.

mini

:wave:

Been busy as a 1 armed paper hanger, but so is everyone else on here.

Census is low at work, so I'm off tomorrow. Have one errand then I'm planning on being at home for the rest of the day.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller