News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Ya know Bobby, an electric bicycle would be a lot cheaper to buy AND cheaper to maintain AND easier to maintain...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

But not near as fun.

Went out and did a little shooting today. Good times. Slept in too..Being lazy now. Just bought Cars 3 movie....Liked it better than Cars 2, and pretty close to the original Cars. Didn't need to spend $20 on it, but my inner kid wanted the movie more than my real kid did. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Ashlee

Well we will be moving soon.  Hopefully we will be completely out by December 31st.  That's the plan anyway.  We are taking over my husbands moms old home.  It currently has family living there, but since they refuse to pay rent, and we are spending money renting, then its time for them to go.  Hope to get it fixed up and ready to rent out to someone who will pay.  smh.  But, in the mean time, we will have room for company if anybody wants to come visit! 

Adina, the more I see of where you are, the more I think the places we live are very similar.  I'm starting to enjoy it here despite the heat, but I'm so ready for the convenience of the mainland again. 

iridiscente

Ashley, do you guys have tuktuk? I know India and Latin America do, in addition to here.

I feel like we are in a pivotal place right now: we need to settle down somewhere where Ben can do doctoral research, the kids can play outside, have access to nature etc. Up to now, all of the moving makes sense career wise, but after attaining a doctorate and principal job, it would look suspicious if we moved too much for his resume.

We have to think about languages the kids need to know for college: French and Spanish have free options. Talia graduates in 6 years!!!

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 12, 2017, 01:52:02 AMWent out and did a little shooting today. Good times. Slept in too..Being lazy now. Just bought Cars 3 movie....Liked it better than Cars 2, and pretty close to the original Cars. Didn't need to spend $20 on it, but my inner kid wanted the movie more than my real kid did. :lol:
Well that's +7 points for honesty... but -1337 man-card points. :P

And from what I heard, Cars 2 was basically the Tow-Mater show. I didn't watch it, but I heard a lot of people weren't happy with it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 12, 2017, 12:39:04 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on November 12, 2017, 01:52:02 AMWent out and did a little shooting today. Good times. Slept in too..Being lazy now. Just bought Cars 3 movie....Liked it better than Cars 2, and pretty close to the original Cars. Didn't need to spend $20 on it, but my inner kid wanted the movie more than my real kid did. :lol:
Well that's +7 points for honesty... but -1337 man-card points. :P

And from what I heard, Cars 2 was basically the Tow-Mater show. I didn't watch it, but I heard a lot of people weren't happy with it.
Cars two was okay...it was just kind of a James Bond spoof, and that's really not my thing. Three is more back to the roots.
And I don't need man-card points. I've got a beautiful wife and daughter, a Corvette, and a Kimber. All I lack of having everything is a Harley... LOL.
And in pure honesty- I ain't doing nothin' today until church time. Gonna laze around.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I cannot stand making the bed. It's better now that I can actually get to both sides of our bed, but thankfully Jeremy helps me now too! We usually only make the bed after we've washed the sheets. Low maintenance!

I giggled about her snowballing you with telling you that your way looked better!!

Jeremy might be starting a new job in the next two weeks!! YYAAAYY!! Also 'boo' in a few ways since his hours will be crazy some, but it's a good job with federal benefits (USPS), so I'm going to be happy about it! He will be a sub for the majority of our area, so he will be generating quite a large amount of overtime. Plus apparently USPS has started doing Amazon deliveries on Sundays. That's the ugh part. haha..

We are going to Arkansas this weekend to see my family since Jeremy won't be able to get off work for a while to go anywhere. I'm just hoping we can still go for some of Christmas while my brother & sis'n law are in town.

Roscoe

YAY for returning to the Promised Land, AKA Arkansas.
 I'm making through an annoying Monday. Totally not feeling this whole adulting thing this week. I wanna climb up in a tree fort with a few good books, some chocolate, and a Dr Pepper. Is that too much to ask?!?!
Apparently so.

mini

I want to quit adulting this week too.  Im beginning to think my 4th grade goal of being a hermit was a good plan.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Whoa, whoa, wait... Nelle, was that serious about the postal service doing amazon.com deliveries on Sunday? They keep talking about possibly cutting out a weekday mail delivery (like Wednesday) but they will deliver online retailer packages on Sunday?

Maybe they are getting desperate. Every time I order something from amazon it comes UPS, not USPS. Maybe USPS is trying anything they can to keep amazon's business.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on November 14, 2017, 12:18:13 AMWhoa, whoa, wait... Nelle, was that serious about the postal service doing amazon.com deliveries on Sunday? They keep talking about possibly cutting out a weekday mail delivery (like Wednesday) but they will deliver online retailer packages on Sunday?

Maybe they are getting desperate. Every time I order something from amazon it comes UPS, not USPS. Maybe USPS is trying anything they can to keep amazon's business.
Almost all of my Amazon packages come USPS.

iridiscente

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 14, 2017, 12:37:07 AMAlmost all of my Amazon packages come USPS.
Then maybe it has more to do with where I live. Maybe USPS shipping is cheaper from amazon warehouse to you and it's cheaper to send it to me UPS.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

I believe they have a contract that requires them to send a % of the business to USPS. Supposedly that contract may be expiring soon, but USPS will even be required to work on a holiday if the customer has purchased a certain time frame package shipping item. I'm sure that's not extremely often, but the customer's package will supersede the holiday.

We are ecstatic about the benefits & pay, and even the hours (due to overtime - haha). If he can stay with it, he will be able to buy back his military time and have 4 years added to his tenure federally, which will help greatly when it's time to retire! :D

Dentist appointment today for a filling.. *sigh*

Eating lunch atm. Tostinos pizza.. triple pepperoni & McD's sweet tea haha.

Heather

I've gotten a few things on Sundays from Amazon via USPS in our area.

Still packing. Still over our current situation. Still don't have any help at work.

However, our new landlord is amazing. I've rehomed 2 of my cats and my ex's cat leaves for his new home on Friday. I've gotten all the extras packed and taken to the new house. At least things that will fit in a hatchback Yaris. lol. Today I start on the kitchen.

13 days!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Heather

Jenn-I get the error message on EVERYTHING i do on the forum and it is one of the reasons I haven't been on as much. It takes to much time to try to navigate around all the errors and I'm already strapped for time as is.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I wish I knew what to do on the error. I only get one- and it's when I first open the forum. I click on general discussions and have no more issues.

Today has been a tad stressful. I've got one parolee that is driving me nuts...and a ton more that I have to work on. And we have company coming over tonight. And I really wanna be alone... Lord. Sometimes I think it'd be nice to be an extrovert instead of an introvert.

iridiscente

I'm sorry your parolee is driving you nuts. If they were pecans they'd at least have a good resale value.

Lynx

Forget resale - if they were pecans you would be missing them and I would be full. The only thing better than pecans is chocolate covered pecans.

And I have been getting occasional errors when I try to post something. The server says something about not being able to upload the attachment because the directory can't be accessed... but I'm not trying to attach anything to the post.

Oh yeah, and I get the same error everybody else gets when we first come to the forum, but I refresh the page and it goes away.
"Do you sing at church?"

iridiscente

If anyone here remembers Amelia Bedelia, she just stopped by our place going on an Asia tour.

Roscoe

Ya'll is crazy. Anything to do with parolees is not a good kind of nuts, I promise..
Two more days this week.....

Ashlee

Quote from: iridiscente on November 12, 2017, 07:04:47 AMAshley, do you guys have tuktuk? I know India and Latin America do, in addition to here.

I feel like we are in a pivotal place right now: we need to settle down somewhere where Ben can do doctoral research, the kids can play outside, have access to nature etc. Up to now, all of the moving makes sense career wise, but after attaining a doctorate and principal job, it would look suspicious if we moved too much for his resume.

We have to think about languages the kids need to know for college: French and Spanish have free options. Talia graduates in 6 years!!!

We don't have tuktuk here.  Here we mostly travel in busses or walk unless you have a personal vehicle.  The busses are homemade!  They take a truck and break it down, and then build a frame over it.  I think I may have pictures somewhere.  They are kinda cool.  All they leave is the drivers seat lol.

I can't believe Talia is that old!  She will have a very interesting college application for sure.  lol 

Ashlee

Quote from: iridiscente on November 16, 2017, 12:38:25 AMIf anyone here remembers Amelia Bedelia, she just stopped by our place going on an Asia tour.

That's amazing!  I remember here.  We haven't talked in such a long time tho.  Glad you got to visit with her.

Ugh. My husband and I have been sick for the past week.  I feel like I have the flu.  Feel like I'm running a fever and low on energy.  Today is the first day I was able to stay out of bed for this long, but I slept a good bit yesterday and last night.  I'm hoping by tomorrow I'll feel like getting out and about.  Got some stuff I need to take care of. 

Asking for prayers for my husbands medboard.  They've been blowing us off for years, and now they are just completely ignoring our emails and phone calls.  His contract is up middle of next month, so if they continue to ignore him, then he will lose a ton of benefits.  We really need this.  We need to keep insurance and get his retirement so we can keep his military id.  So, please pray that at the very least they will extend his contract for another year and that will give me more time to contact JAG and our congresswoman.

Roscoe

Totally needing to be in a tropical location with nothing to do but sit on a beach for a while. Of course, the way things are right now for me, some one would kick sand in my face, spill a drink all over me, and impale me on the umbrella, all while trying to avoid the hurricane bearing down on the island.

Ever feel like that cartoon character with a cloud over his head? Yeah. That's me. :lol:

MsJennJenn

This too shall pass.  :headrub:

I get the error when I try to reply also. Frustrating cus it loses what I write!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: