News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Happy Thanksgiving!

We went to Adam's grandma. So I met a bunch of family I've never met.
There were no mashed potatoes, no green bean casserole, no ham, no deviled eggs. Seems blasphemous.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

My first Thanksgiving that I was married and we went to his parents house. It was traumatic. No cornbread dressing, they used dirty rice. Table was full of food but I only had a piece of turkey and some bread on my plate. I don't like potato salad, or dirty rice, or English pea salad...

Roscoe

Well, this Thanksgiving was probably one of the worst I've had as a holiday in several years. Full disclosure, Thanksgiving has not been my favorite since I lost my father the day before thanksgiving in 2009.
This year though... sheesh. Started Tuesday, sickness attacked. Not bad, and I held it together until Wednesday night, when I got off of work at 6. By the time I got home, I was freezing to death despite the temp in the car being 80, running a fever, and congested. I took Nyquil, prayed, and went directly to bed.
Only to be awakened and told our hot water heater wasn't working. I dragged myself up, but all the begging and pleading in the world would not make it work. Went back to bed. Thanksgiving- still sick. Chey was too. Lou's family had decided to eat out. In an act of brilliance they did not have reservations.
Lou wound up eating at IHOP. Chey and I ate a bologna sandwich and I think she had some left over rice.
Today- still not feeling 100%. Removed water heater, went and spent $540 on a new one, mad because the none working device was only 6 years old. Installed. Now I have hot water again....but one of the pups is acting like she has hurt herself and will likely be vet bound.
Oh, and I cooked a steak today and made homemade dressing...and managed to ruin that by spilling approximately half a shaker of pepper in the dressing. First time in 19 years I've destroyed my dressing. I pride myself on my homemade dressing. :pound:
And I still feel sub-human. Bah. I'm ready for summer again.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

We had all our kids and grandkids here. I was cooking all week. 9 grandkids were here yesterday. I love them and enjoyed seeing them. Now I'm tired. Back to an empty nest today and tomorrow we rest. ;)

Lynx

Did you know that if you burn your mouth on hot pizza bad enough that the roof of your mouth blisters and peels, it can still be sore a solid week later?

It wasn't even really good pizza...

In other news, we're all benign here. Meaning we don't seem to be particularly useful for anything, but neither are we doing anybody any harm.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Hi. At church. Reviewing tonight's  sermon and wondering if it really is what I should preach. Praying for God's anointing and direction
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Nothing interesting worth typing about here.

Roscoe

Urgh. Church went ok, although I felt so wore out at the end of it.  Today I've done nearly nothing again. Tomorrow, back to work. Marginally better than last week, but not much. I'm looking into some vitamins. Maybe that'll help me out. For someone that is actually pretty healthy, I've sure dealt with minor sickness alot lately.
I'm not the only one though. Seems like half my church is, too.

Roscoe

Good morning, all. Back at work. It's a dreary rainy day here, with some chance of severe weather. My coffee is keeping me coherent. :sing:

MsJennJenn

Coffee only kept me semi coherent this morning.
I'm just now eating lunch, but I put a pork shoulder in the crock pot with some bbq sauce and a dr pepper for pulled pork sliders for dinner. Husbands at work till close today so no rush on dinner.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

@work but barely awake. So sleepy.

Couple of days spent at my parents (Thurs/Friday) were nice. It's amazing how peaceful their house can be for me, and BOY did I sleep LOL.  We didn't have the usual Thanksgiving meal - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls, sweet potatoes (w/ marshmallows

Came home Friday evening, Saturday was chaos, but the bake sale #1 is done. Sunday we had our family Thanksgiving w/ husband's family. Seems like every holiday the past three years has been just sad. 2020, Rex (Jeremy's uncle/our pastor) passed, 2021, Papa Duty (Jeremy's grandpa) passed, and now 2022, Aric (Travis' son) passed. Considering everything that's happened, it was still a good family dinner time. Food was great of course.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Morning all... In my cave, aka office. Lost temper on one offender who couldn't tell the truth if he could have a million dollars for doing so. Made coworkers laugh when they overheard me tell him an obituary-his- would be the only excuse for him missing his appointment next month. Sheesh.

MsJennJenn

lolol bobby.

glad its wednesday
mad its cold outside
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

It's cool here too. And Wendy's has found my weakness. I've been doing really good with my diet...and today I met Waterloo. They have come out with a new sandwich. A garlic bun, a large fried chicken breast, a square patty made up of about 5 mozzarella sticks fried together and topped with Marinara sauce. Oh. My. Lawd. Yes, I'll take a dozen please.....

Lynx

That wouldn't be quite my Waterloo, but it might be my Marengo.

Too bad there is no Wendy's here. I might have to make a trip, just to try that.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

If your Wendy's is like ours, check your sandwich before you drive off. My boss ordered one Tuesday and ended up with a spicy chicken breast instead, LOL.

@Work. Trying to survive.

Gotta make some of our bake sale goodies tonight. Should be interesting.

Roscoe

Morning. At work. All of my ministry team was out last night so I was a one man show. Lol. Bishop sick, assistant who usually teaches Wednesday night sick, and I dashed from work at 6 directly to the platform. Came out ok, I think. Sitting in my office realizing that I scheduled half my caseload a week or two ago and now- I have no one scheduled until Wednesday. Tomorrow will be home visit day, but gonna be a lonnnnng day today. LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm glad I don't live up north. Cold is not my friend.

Backseat Radio

I do live in the north. Wish I could hibernate until these cold dark months were over.

Roscoe

Urgh. I'm back at work. Road day today. I need caffeine badly, because I am dragging like no one's business. LOL

Nelle

@Work. It's been a day already. Was sickly this morning and missed two hours of work. I have to leave half an hour early because of an eye appointment. We didn't start on bake sale items last night, so we have to do them all tonight. Glad Jeremy's handy for that kinda stuff haha. I wanted to start on the cookies last night, but the oven was being used to fix our delinquent dinner. It was a cheat of a chicken pot pie, but the biscuits would NOT all cook through.

Jeremy's car broke down on the side of the busiest interstate, had to get my boss to go trailer it and take it to the shop to hopefully get worked on for less than a new car will cost, LOL. My Subaru goes in on Monday for brakes. Hoping it's not TOO bad between both vehicles. Thank the Lord for Papa's truck! We wouldn't have anything to drive by Monday without it, haha.