News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

I miss the days that fast food restaurants had advertisements covering their windows that blocked out the worst of the sun.  Every restaurant I've been to lately it's been near impossible to find a seat that the setting sun isn't blasting me in the eyeballs or cooking my back.

Roscoe

Rained pretty much all day here today. Wet and looked at another church bus. Bah. So annoyed. Everything I've found is simply higher than a cat's back or ragged. Or both, as in today's case. the seller upped the price two grand since we talked on the phone last week, and convienently failed to mention that it had 330k miles on it. I'm prepared for 180, to 200 thousand or so given our price range, but I can't do 300k+. Every bolt on it would be badly wore at that point. We need to be able to get another 100k or so out of one, until things begin to move to get us where we can afford a newer model...
God's time.
Now, at 1130 pm, I've finished putting together what I feel God has for us (I may get stoned) and have a pot of beans on as well as two pork loins smoking, as tomorrow is 5th sunday potluck.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Feels weird going to work now at 11 AM rather than 7 AM.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on October 21, 2022, 07:04:58 PMHmm... I have a hard time shopping at Aldi. I just can't get into the enthusiasm. Ours must be smaller, or maybe just crowded, or mix of both.. I dunno. I might try again tonight after work though. I'm needing a few more things and I would like to avoid the chaos of Walmart.. not that Aldi doesn't give me similar anxiety due to the amount of people in such a small space. :/

Ohh I loveeeee Aldi. Great place for many things. I went Saturday to make a spookycucherie lol
They have the best selection for charcuterie boards. And it's like 1/2 the price of the regular grocery or even Walmart.

Back from getting married and Colorado honeymooning!! :hypocrite:
Pic below.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

I got excited when I saw you post b/c I knew you were a Mrs now!! lol Congrats!!

@Work. I missed half a day today thanks to an upset tummy. It's been an awful week and counting since last weekend. I was Covid+, Jeremy tested positive on Friday evening. Haven't been progressing to well quickly enough. Sunday I noticed some bumps in my mouth and today they are SUPER agitated. Probably some of that is b/c I was throwing up all night it felt like, haha. My stomach hates food sometimes. Anyway, that's not the worst of what's happened this weekend.

Travis (he's married to my husband's cousin Jennifer who lost her dad in 2020 to COVID, and then we just lost Papa Duty last year from COVID). Now that you know who he is... He got a call from the Chinese consulate yesterday at 10pm informing him that his youngest son was found dead from aspirating on his own throw-up from drinking too much alcohol. He's distraught as you can well imagine. Please be in prayer for Travis, Aric's mom, Aric's siblings. His youngest sibling is 6, and the next youngest is 11. They adored Aric and have already lost so much in the past two years. We don't know any details on how they're going to have him brought back or not, I imagine this is going to be a very involved and expensive process. So heartbreaking.

MsJennJenn

Well I tried to attach a pic. Idk if it worked. Forum is wack. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

I didn't see any pictures, but the forum is weird sometimes, haha.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Welcome back JenJen!  Where did you guys go in Colorado?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Backseat Radio

Good picture JenJen.

Bit irritated at my local McDonald's.  Apparently they clean the Frappe machine every Monday night at 7 but failed to mark the item as unavailable on the app. Can't be that hard to auto mark Frappe's as unavailable after 7pm on Monday cause they already do it with chicken sandwiches after midnight.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on November 01, 2022, 01:44:16 AMGood picture JenJen.

Bit irritated at my local McDonald's.  Apparently they clean the Frappe machine every Monday night at 7 but failed to mark the item as unavailable on the app. Can't be that hard to auto mark Frappe's as unavailable after 7pm on Monday cause they already do it with chicken sandwiches after midnight.
Yeah, no, they don't have any control over that. We get it sometimes when something is down. The app is strictly McD's corporate. We can't affect anything on it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
Just got out of court. Reluctantly cancelled our fall festival we had planned for next Saturday, as they are forecasting rain and apparently our area is getting slammed with flu right now along with another mild surge of covid.

Preached my heart out Sunday and enjoyed Potluck. My church members made me cry- they pulled out the stops for pastor appreciation. Knowing my people and knowing how close to the bone the majority are living due to the economy, made every canned good, every item and every gift card all the more special. I really struggle with accepting the gifts from folks who are barely getting by, but I can't hurt them.  SO I accept it and pray that God will multiply the harvest they receive from their faithfulness and giving. I've got the best church ever.

Went last night and met up with one of our saints at the church to fix a water leak in the wall. Dear lord, plumbing is our nemesis. I'm half a step from building two outhouses out back. With my luck though, I'd build them on some kinda fault line and they'd erupt all over. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on October 31, 2022, 08:48:23 PMWelcome back JenJen!  Where did you guys go in Colorado?

Thanks ya'll.

Colorado Springs. We drove UP Pikes Peak. Scariest thing I've ever done in my entire life. Adam thought I was going to pass out. lol - for record to note - Adam is blind in one eye... so I was the one doing the driving.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

It IS beautiful and scary up on those roads. I wish we had gone to Pike's Peak when we were there several years back visiting my SIL when they lived there. We could SEE the peak from her house, but didn't drive to it. Granted... I don't know if I would've made it in any higher elevation. Just walking the stairs at her house nearly were the end of me in that elevation. LOL. I was SO ill the first day from the altitude sickness.

Also - You guys look great. also really like the arch! Congrats again!

@Work. Feeling better day by day.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 01, 2022, 08:15:58 PMWent last night and met up with one of our saints at the church to fix a water leak in the wall. Dear lord, plumbing is our nemesis. I'm half a step from building two outhouses out back. With my luck though, I'd build them on some kinda fault line and they'd erupt all over. :laughhard:
Step one, do that.
Step 2, capture it on video.
Step 3, post it on youtube.
Step four, use the advertising revenue from millions of views to finance some plumbing repairs.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 01, 2022, 09:25:05 PM
Quote from: mini on October 31, 2022, 08:48:23 PMWelcome back JenJen!  Where did you guys go in Colorado?

Thanks ya'll.

Colorado Springs. We drove UP Pikes Peak. Scariest thing I've ever done in my entire life. Adam thought I was going to pass out. lol - for record to note - Adam is blind in one eye... so I was the one doing the driving.

We did that in May, only we rode the train.  It was a spur-of-the-moment decision though.  I want to go back in late summer to see the wildlife.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Here I am , never been to the HIGH plains of Colorado. I need to change that sometime.
 Chey went home early sick from school. Flu is running rampant here.

MsJennJenn

Yea I wish as I drove up it that we had taken the train/tram thing. LOL

And Nelle the altitude didn't like me either. I had an awful headache by days end almost every day.
I built the arch with the help of a friend. My Mom did the flowers day before LOL
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I have a photo, from when I was a kid, laying on a big rock on top of Pikes Peak feeling yucky from the thin air.

Backseat Radio

Was a super busy day for me. Worked 9-6 and then went straight to church.

Had an amazing service tonight. Pastor preached about the faithfulness of God and ended his message with a poem God gave him about 7 years ago. Don't think there was very many dry eyes in the building.

mini

Roscoe

:hi:
So glad to be back. I know we don't post much, or have many, but I's missing y'all.
It's absolutely beautiful here today. Hard to believe that they are calling for cold, rain and snow flurries by Tuesday. So tempted to be ill tomorrow. Just ill enough to miss work, not too ill to tinker with Sam the 52...:ugly:

Lynx

Who keeps paying that server bill?

Shouldn't we reimburse him or something? Technically this is more a Facebook friends group than a regular forum these days.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy