News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Shingles sounds painful.

Buried Domino. Mowed the yard with the smoking express, the lawnmower on it's last legs, since the tractor isn't ready for me to pick up yet, and wrestled with the weedeater which doesn't want to run either. I declare most of my motorized things are giving me fits. I'm about to the point that I wanna sell everything and start over...but I can't afford to, of course.
 Oh, and Chey's rally stripes came in. Her Miata now sports hot pink racing stripes.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Scott

I spoke to Sis's Husband a few times in the last couple of weeks and finally talked to her last week.

She is home, on o2 and very weak. Its gonna be a while before the is 100%. Her voice was terrible and she is gasping for air.

She is now able to sit on the porch at least.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on July 03, 2021, 03:44:21 AMMade it through the day. Not been a great one. Dealt with some issues, then went with the wife and daughter to Russellville. I knew that our sweet pet, Domino, was getting close to the end of his time- congestive heart failure and dementia was getting worse. When I got home around 5pm, he looked like he was a thousand miles away. We petted him and went to dinner. When we got home at 930 or so, I found he'd slipped away, laying in the bathroom. Yeah, I know they're "just dogs" to some people, but he was a member of our family. We'd had him since Chey was around two, two and a half.
Yes, I cried like a baby as I carefully padded a box, wrapped him in one of his blankets and tucked his beloved stuffed 'possum in the box with him. Tomorrow, I'll have to dig a hole and bury him. We are all heartbroken.
I'm sorry about Domino.

Backseat Radio

Woke up this morning with my eye swollen shut.  Had to have my dad take me to the first care clinic to get antibiotic ointment for the eye.

Lynx

I'm glad the 4th is over. My poor dog's nerves are shot.

We have a camper parking area across the road. RV people sure do love to express their freedom with explosives.

Freedom makes my dog's ears hurt.

My opinion:
https://www.gocomics.com/breaking-cat-news/2021/07/04
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Morning everyone.

Roscoe, I sure hate that about Domino.  He sure was a feisty little furball.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

We struggled with fireworks noise as well with our two cats this year. I'm not sure if they've always had issues with them and we never noticed, or if they're just more aged now (9 this month) and it's bothering them more, OR if it was just louder this year. I know the neighborhood SEEMED really extra loud this year. I assumed everyone would go to the city fireworks, but they just kept going. I was up past 1am on Sunday night due to the noise. Even so much that I went outside and said something to them. Our cats wouldn't settle down and I couldn't go to bed until I knew they were calmer. It was ridiculous. Fireworks Thurs-Mon. I am over it for the year, hahahah.

@Work.

Roscoe: I'm really sorry about your Domino. So hard to lose any member of your family.

Backseat Radio: I really hope you're feeling better. That sounds so rough!

Have to wait until Jeremy gets off work today so we can take his car over to the shop to get some work done and an oil change. He's expensive! lol.. I also need to get the oil changed in the Subie before I go to Arkansas if possible. I'm planning on leaving out next Thurs evening, so I have a little time. Kevin & Lian (Brother & SIL) are driving into town around the 12th, so I'm going to go and spend a while with them and my parents too. It'll be nice to see them and get a break from work at the same time. :)

I'm trying to talk myself into getting the vaccine this week. Every time I set out to schedule my appointment, someone tells me some new horrible side effect or conspiracy theory. I just want to do what I can to protect myself and my family.

Roscoe

Hi.
Our Covid cases are steadily rising again.

Today was approximately 27 years long. And tomorrow, I have to go to Little Rock and pick up one, then to Fayetteville and back. Basically- It'll be all day long. And the Miata fever has spread. Bro Papa decided he wants one, and has found a pretty little automatic Miata in Grenada Mississippi. Guess where I get to go Friday night?

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I used to want a Miata.  I also liked the subaru Brat.

The Purple Fuzzy

We just had a thunderstorm. The lights blinked but thankfully they didn't go off.

The Purple Fuzzy

I guess I spoke too soon. After the storm was gone and sky was clear we lost electricity for about an hour.

Roscoe

Well, in my gallivanting today we ran through a small rain squall but that's it. Mainly  very hot today. I got home at quitting  time. Arkansas is much bigger than you realize until  you have to drive back and forth across it.
Felt a bit ill this evening  but went to church anyway. Made it through the service  without fainting.  Now I'm waiting on lou to come out of Walmart so we can go home.

Backseat Radio

I went to the ophthalmologist today to have my eye looked at.  Thankfully I have no damage in the eye from the shingles or the swelling.

The Purple Fuzzy

We went to some yard sales today and just generally piddled around.

Roscoe

Shew. Went to Mississippi with Bro Wilson to get a Miata. Five hours down just to find that the lying idiot that had the car decided to sell it before we got there and didn't call us to let us know, despite telling us Wednesday to "Come on down" Friday night. I coulda slapped him crosseyed. Basically 10 hours of driving for nothing.
Came home today and did some horsetrading for a Harley edition F150. Nice truck, I intend to part ways with it in the near future. My friend wanted the Jimmy, which my neighbor had backed out on,(much to my annoyance) so I figured the truck would be an easier sell. In the meantime, the truck is supercharged and decently quick, so it'll kinda scratch the itch for a hot rod until I can trade my way back to a 'vette.

Backseat Radio

My mom is back in the hospital with a Legionella infection

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm sorry, Tia. Even though I have no clue what that is, I hate for your mom to be hospitalized.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 11, 2021, 03:57:41 AMShew. Went to Mississippi with Bro Wilson to get a Miata. Five hours down just to find that the lying idiot that had the car decided to sell it before we got there and didn't call us to let us know, despite telling us Wednesday to "Come on down" Friday night. I coulda slapped him crosseyed. Basically 10 hours of driving for nothing.
Been there. It was a laptop and a round-trip 1.5 hour drive, but yeah... Very frustrating. There's a lot of idiots with no consideration on craigslist.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

Will be praying for your mom.

@Work. Three day week this week!!!! I get to leave Thurs AM now instead of waiting until after work since my pay requests that were needing to be done aren't happening this month.

Roscoe

:hi:
Day one of the hostage situation, aka work, is behind me.
Got a bunch of cabbage, smoked sausage, bell peppers and onion, seasoned with different seasonings, bathed in a garlic parmesan oil dressing, smoking right now. I saw it online and it looked good and very diet friendly.

I may have the Harley-Davidson f150 sold already- got a friend that asked what I'd take. I shot him a price and he is talking with his wife about it. I guess if I sell it, I'll look for- a 'vette. What, you thought I'd be reasonable??

Nelle

@Work again. two more days (today counted in there)!

Last night got the cats' room ready for me being gone. Tonight is laundry night so that I even have clothes to take. lol.. Thankfully since COVID has hit, we don't really have to go anywhere when I visit down there. (Especially when Jeremy doesn't go. He always wants to go to town like my brother & SIL.) I'm more of a hermit.. and don't mind staying in jammies all day and just chilling LOL. It's vacation (of sorts) after all! haha

The Purple Fuzzy

We made a quick trip to see Chel & the boys today. :)

Roscoe

Covid. It's through the roof again here. Like 1k+ cases a day. Ready for it to be over, and fear that we are enroute to another shutdown.
 Figured out the issue with the a/c in the f150. It was the one thing that Lou said HAD to be fixed. It is now extremely cold.

Lynx

I'm still here. Nothing to report, but I'm reporting anyway so you know I'm not dead.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

I've not been up to checking in for a few days. My mother is in the ICU now fighting for her life. She's got full blown legionares disease. I've not been able to go visit her because of the covid policy. She's still coherent enough to text and video chat even though she's unable to speak because of her breathing tube.