News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

How exciting that you were able to get what you wanted!!

No worries.. we are all fairly sure Mini can get himself into plenty of trouble on his own.. notwithstanding your questionable or otherwise advice, LOL.

@Work. Time for lunch, thankfully. Seems like I'm about to be left in the office on my own again.

We have a busy weekend coming up. Birthday party for a sweet 5 year old cousin and then Friends/Family Day for church w/ a picnic (that I really really hope is an indoor picnic).

My parents are FINALLY feeling better and keeping the streak alive for more than one day at a time.

Also - I don't know if Scott came in or not to update, but Sis is home. She posted on Facebook yesterday. It seems like she may still be on some oxygen, so she of course could still use the prayers even if not. I cannot imagine how hard it must be to recover from such a rough illness.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on June 22, 2021, 11:10:50 AMSo... Bro. Bobby... We all gotta know...
What color is the new Miata?
Quote from: Nelle on June 22, 2021, 02:34:23 PMIt's probably pink.

haha I read Lynx post first and said pink out loud lol then read Nelle's post. :laughhard:

Quote from: Roscoe on June 24, 2021, 03:29:42 AMto go sign the papers and bring it home.

That's some Arkansas talk right there. Sign papers on a lawn mower.  :biglaugh:

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 24, 2021, 07:54:07 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 22, 2021, 11:10:50 AMSo... Bro. Bobby... We all gotta know...
What color is the new Miata?
Quote from: Nelle on June 22, 2021, 02:34:23 PMIt's probably pink.

haha I read Lynx post first and said pink out loud lol then read Nelle's post. :laughhard:

Quote from: Roscoe on June 24, 2021, 03:29:42 AMto go sign the papers and bring it home.

That's some Arkansas talk right there. Sign papers on a lawn mower.  :biglaugh:

When you live in arkansas, that might be the only transportation you get.

It's really all you need though. That place is so flat you could fire a rifle shot across three counties. Seven counties if it's a sniper rifle.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

You're crazy if you think Arkansas is flat...

Lynx

The part I saw was really flat. I only saw the east side though.

But yes, I am in fact crazy.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Only the eastern third-ish of Arkansas is flat. The rest is the Bostan Mountain range, aka the Ozarks... Lots of mountain areas, cliffs, swimming holes, etc.

And Jenn, The "lawnmower" is a bit bigger than that. It's actually a small tractor that happens to have a lawnmower apparatus with it. So it is perfectly acceptable to finance. :hypocrite:

Weight is down to 238 this morning, from a high of 270 ish. Seriously reconsidering having the surgery- I honestly need to just be more responsible with my eating habits. And I currently have the smoker going smoking pork butts and in about an hour, I'll throw some chicken and steak on it too. That'll give us something to eat for the week...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I thought that surgery was basically just enforced responsible eating habits.

I also thought you already had that surgery.

Aaaaaand... I notice your last statement contradicts everything about responsible eating habits.  :nono:  Sounds delicious though.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Nope. That surgery is a bit more complicated than I first realized. It will enforce habits, but it also does other things, which I dislike. I've been in the "planning" phase since March, basically where they put you on a diet beforehand to see if you will obey, I guess. It's worked maybe a bit too well for me.
And as far as the last post contradicting healthy eating habits- actually, it doesn't. Smoked meats are inherently more healthy than fried, etc. Chicken and pork are fairly healthy meats in moderation as is steak.
 Where used to I'd have eaten a steak, and a BBQ sandwich, and taste tested the chicken, all with nice sides of fries and bread- not so now.
I actually took a low carb tortilla wrap, placed a piece of smoked chicken on it, zipped a bit of sauce on it and shredded cheese and ate that. One was all it took to actually fill me up, so I stopped. Dessert was a 140 calorie ice cream sandwich.
That's why I'm thinking no to the surgery. By watching myself, I can still eat anything I want, just in moderation. The surgery- Soda pop will make you sick, they say no processed sugar ever, basically can't have bread again, and you'll be on vitamins and calcium supplements the rest of your life. Really not thinking I need that...If nothing else, though, joining the program with the intent to have the surgery was a good thing. It pushed me back into the getting into shape mode again.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 27, 2021, 05:49:57 PMThat's why I'm thinking no to the surgery. By watching myself, I can still eat anything I want, just in moderation.
Yeah, that's what uncle Fred started doing after that real serious "this is it, you either change or die" talk his doctor had with him. Last night at our family dinner he didn't have to eat two pieces of aunt Diane's strawberry/cream cheese dessert. He did take one bite to see how it tasted, and that was enough for him.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

When I lived in Arkansas, we lived on Crowley's Ridge.. which is decidedly unflat. ;) There definitely are areas of Arkansas that are very flat though. I miss that little state.

@Work. My coworker that shares this office is on vacation to Disney this week. I'm not in the least jealous of the place because that's a whoooole lot of walking, a lot of heat, and a lot of children. LOL. BUT I'd love to be on vacation SOMEwhere. I'll have to live with just visiting my family in Arkansas this year though. Jeremy's got a bigger vacation planned this fall that I'm not going on (due to the hunting) so any other vacation plans are shot for me.

My other coworker is still having bad back/leg pain and doesn't come in until the day is half gone. Hopefully it stays quiet since there isn't anyone else to put any "fires" out but me.

Friends & Family day yesterday went well. We had a few visitors. It was SO hot even just inside.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Hi. Zapped out. Got church tonight  when I just wanna go to sleep. Glad next Monday is a holiday.

Nelle

@Work. So tired. Only an hour-ish left of work, but I find myself suddenly 100% alone on our campus. Really wish coworkers cared as much about ME being alone as I try to not leave them alone.

Roscoe

:hi: Been a long week, and still have a day to go....
Tonight was the first jail ministry visit. Kinda backed into doing this... anyway, had intentions of teaching a thirty minute portion of "Into His Marvelous Light".  Wound up reading the first two scriptures, much sidetracking with the trustee, a big ole biker looking dude, and ending with him bawling like a baby and the other trustee wanting more, knowing that someone believes in him. Had to cut that class short because they had to cook dinner, but they both told myself and Bro Wilson they couldn't wait until next week.
Then, off into a cell. Locked in with around 15 men, I expected most of them to stray away. Nope. Began by simply telling them who I was, my history and what I had came to do.  Every one shook our hands and informed me they would be ready next thursday when we start the bible study. Saw more than one wiping tears as I recounted my personal struggles and told them that I was proof God was able to turn lives around.

My thirty minutes turned into nearly two hours. But I felt in the will of God. Lord, let me follow where you lead..

Lynx

Prison ministry can be awesome. They are NOTHING like prisoners in the movies. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Love that Roscoe.

Glad for a 3 day weekend. Although I have no plans and no one to do much with.  :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

Went to the doctor this morning with what I assumed was some kind of bug bite that was causing infection.  My doctor took one look at it and tells me I have shingles.  :sadbounce:   
She gave me an antiviral to help clear it up.  Hoping we caught it in enough time to keep it from getting into my eye since the sores are in my eyebrow.  Guess I won't be going to work or church this weekend.

Roscoe

Made it through the day. Not been a great one. Dealt with some issues, then went with the wife and daughter to Russellville. I knew that our sweet pet, Domino, was getting close to the end of his time- congestive heart failure and dementia was getting worse. When I got home around 5pm, he looked like he was a thousand miles away. We petted him and went to dinner. When we got home at 930 or so, I found he'd slipped away, laying in the bathroom. Yeah, I know they're "just dogs" to some people, but he was a member of our family. We'd had him since Chey was around two, two and a half.
Yes, I cried like a baby as I carefully padded a box, wrapped him in one of his blankets and tucked his beloved stuffed 'possum in the box with him. Tomorrow, I'll have to dig a hole and bury him. We are all heartbroken.

Backseat Radio

Shingles is miserable stuff.  I'm rarely awake before about 9 A.M. but this morning the burning and itching of the shingles sores woke me up before 6 A.M. and wouldn't let me go back to sleep.

Lynx

It's hard to lose a dog or cat. The longer they live, the harder it is to let them go.
"Do you sing at church?"