News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Grandsons have been keeping me busy. Nice weather today here.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 27, 2021, 03:53:24 PMDear Lord. That much custard would make me diabetic and cause my weight to go up.
Well there's Grandma too... she demands her mug of boiled custard every night, and sometimes two. One night she demanded three, repeatedly, but I cut her off.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
 Made it through the day. Completed the wedding ceremony. Preached. Had a good turnout. Got attacked by half the church wanting to talk, counseling, ect. As soon as dinner was over and I could politely take my leave, I did so. Just peopled out. Came home and fired up Sam and disappeared for around an hour or so. Felt much better.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

It seems peopled out is my default mode lately. :smirk:
Had a church member come over last evening and spend time with us. She'd told me Saturday when I went by to see her mother in the hospital that she really needed to talk to us.
Told me that she'd been meaning to, but had been putting it off, but she felt it was important and said God had told her to do it two weeks ago.
I began dreading it. That is usually not a good thing. She came over, enjoyed company with us, then started by reassuring us that she had not been missing church due to us, but rather the times she had missed had been because of she and her elderly mother's health. We assured her we understood, and had been missing her, as well as being in contact.
Then she told me "I felt like I was supposed to tell you that y'all are doing great, I love you and was so excited when Bro Wilson told us you were taking the pastor position, and don't be discouraged."
She has no idea what that does for me. Some of the worries and struggles I've had this past month that I have only told Mini and Jason about were neatly wrapped up in that little talk. I genuinely needed that.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

So tired of rain. Until my garden goes crazy then I try to like the rain.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I hope to actually harvest something this year from my plants.

Nelle

Back @Work today. Mom's surgery (supposedly) starts in about half an hour.

It's rainy again here. It was a beautiful weekend though. Dad was able to get his hay baled and we were able to get to the cemetery without being rained on, so I guess I'll take it.

Roscoe

Ready for rain to be done. Actually I'm ready for rain to be done AND the next week to be done. I am ready for my week off and the car show/swap meet....

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Made it to the weekend..
Feel kinda cruddy though.  We will see how the weekend goes.

Backseat Radio

Working 2nd shift is taking its toll on me. End up staying up half the night and then sleeping till just before work and not getting much done.

Roscoe

Sleep has been fleeting for me. I'm resorting to praying when I awake. It's doing some good, and I fall back to sleep.
Went to town today, briefly. It's been drizzling off and on today. I took advantage of some of the dry time to do a little bodywork on Sam, then came in and put some thoughts in note form for tomorrow. Did alot of nothing today to be truthful- and wouldn't mind doing some more of it.

The Purple Fuzzy

It kinda drizzled off & on here today, too.

Roscoe

Hi. Overcast but not raining here today. Slogging through the workday...Ready for Friday and the end of the workweek.

Lynx

So this is what senility is like...

Monday is my day off, so I stay with Grandma all day instead of the lady we hired to come stay with her Tuesday through Friday.

She asked me if I'm going to work today, no kidding, more than 20 times. She asked me if I was going to work tomorrow, and if Anna was coming tomorrow to stay with her, more than ten. She stated the opinion that she could stay by herself a few times too.

No. No you can't.

What broke my heart though, was when I was washing the dishes and she said, "When I get better I'll wash them myself." I couldn't tell her she's not gonna get better.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

It's hard watching someone you love deteriorate.

Backseat Radio

Taking my mother for her first ever manicure and pedicure today

Nelle

That's hard to see, I agree. :( I'm glad she has you there to ensure she's taken care of though! I cannot imagine how people handle it when family doesn't see after them.

@Work. It's raining.. like pretty much every other day this month and last, haha.

Mom came through her surgery last Wednesday. She had a bit of sickness and all from the medications, but she was able to go home Thursday evening. She is already frustrated that she tires out so fast and doesn't really feel 'up' to doing the things she loves to do like work a puzzle or read. I had to remind her that it hasn't even been a week yet and she really has to give herself time to recover correctly. If she still seems so melancholy, I might have to go visit again this weekend and try to get her out of the mud. At least she would have someone to talk to other than dad, haha. He's been doing a great job of looking after her. Families from their church and their neighbors (friends) have brought over food for a few days now. It's hard for Dad since he has such a restricted diet, but they are thankful for people who care about them, as am I. It's hard being 3 hours away and unable to stay long term to help out.

Roscoe

Man, Isaac, I'm sorry. I had no idea your grandma had been diagnosed with dementia. Watching my mama go through that was probably the hardest thing I've ever experienced.
Glad to hear your mom came through ok, Nell.  Glad I remembered to run by here- here lately life has been so hectic, I've forgotten to come on here as often as I did..

The Purple Fuzzy

Grandkids just left. We love them like crazy but we are tired.

Scott

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just a heads up.

Sis is in the hospital, she has covid 19 and double pneumonia. She's having trouble breathing her oxygen is not doing well.

Please say a prayer for her
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

o.O

If this is the "Sis" I think it is, I never really knew her, but will do.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Nerd humor:

My android watch came yesterday and I've been fiddling with it. This is what I have wished they would make ever since they started making smartwatches - a REAL smartwatch, a smartphone on my wrist, not just a small interface for a big, clunky phone. This smartwatch don't need no stinkin' phone, even for setup.

Hmm... this watch also does wifi hotspot, just like a normal smartphone. I can use it to get my laptop online.

Name... need a name for the wifi hotspot, that will show up as an available wifi signal to connect to.

I named it Mark-13-37.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy