News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In local news I found bags of Riesen (dark chocolate coated soft caramels) at the salvage grocery and bought all they had. Stupid... I should have bought ONE bag and tested it. The chocolate was oxidized.

No worries, I already know what to do with oxidized chocolate. Melt it into chocolate pudding. The caramel melted in nicely too, and made the best batch of chocolate pudding I've ever had.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

BR: Glad you have a supervisor who watches out for you! Yay for moving to a better shift for you!

Lynx: Way to be resourceful!

@Work. I'm going to start taking my iron vitamins today. I can't wait to see if this improves my tiredness!

Lynx

From experience, when my mother was taking those iron pill things, you need to make sure nobody is in the area when you take a dump.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Back at work.
Cheys first day of tenth grade.
We drove the vette in because she wanted to be cool.
Boss brought in a pair of uniform  pants for me to try on. Since I started losing weight, my pants have been falling off, nearly.
I started with a 44 waist, elastic waist band.
The ones he brought are not as loose as I would like, but a major milestone...they are 34 waist elastic waistband.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Nelle on August 17, 2021, 01:41:24 PMBR: Glad you have a supervisor who watches out for you! Yay for moving to a better shift for you!

My team lead had wanted me on 1st shift back when I was given a choice between 1st or 2nd shift a few months ago.  She has her preferences on who she wants working in the mornings.  I'd chosen 2nd shift because the 2 older women in my department want 1st shift.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on August 17, 2021, 03:13:41 PMBack at work.
Cheys first day of tenth grade.
We drove the vette in because she wanted to be cool.
Boss brought in a pair of uniform  pants for me to try on. Since I started losing weight, my pants have been falling off, nearly.
The ones he brought are not as loose as I would like, but a major milestone...they are 34 waist elastic waistband.
Wow! That's amazing.

Lynx

10 inches gone is more than a milestone. Even with a belt, it would be tough to keep those pants up.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on August 17, 2021, 03:13:41 PMBoss brought in a pair of uniform  pants for me to try on. Since I started losing weight, my pants have been falling off, nearly.

Good to hear you're making progress with weight loss.  I've already had to go down a skirt size in the little bit of time I've been on the no added sugar diet.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on August 16, 2021, 06:14:30 PM@Work.

I've only heard boosters referred to for Pfizer or for certain groups. Is it going to be available for everyone when it hits the market? I wish there was a way to get an alert that I'm able.. LOL. I mean, I'd hope it's been too soon since my #2 shot that I wouldn't be able to get it yet tho.

What a heavy news/world day.

You have to have 21 days between shots 1&2, and 28 days between shots 2&3.

So far other than being SUPER tired I haven't had any issues with my first shot.
I'm having issues with a tooth though. Well more like a gum. It's superrrrr swollen.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Swishing with peroxide sometimes helps me with gum issues.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 19, 2021, 06:07:05 PMSwishing with peroxide sometimes helps me with gum issues.

Ohh really? Peroxide is the kind in the brown bottle right? lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Came in to one crazy work day. One fellow associate is on covid leave and one went home with a major anxiety attack so I'm by myself tonight in electronics. My photo printer had to choose tonight to mess up on a big order forcing me to reprint the order.

Roscoe

:hi:
 Made it through the day. Looking forward to the weekend. Woke up at 2 am and have been up every since. It's 6:40pm now here, and I'm tired- too tired to sleep. Sigh.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 19, 2021, 06:23:30 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 19, 2021, 06:07:05 PMSwishing with peroxide sometimes helps me with gum issues.

Ohh really? Peroxide is the kind in the brown bottle right? lol
Yes. Brown bottle.

Roscoe

Well, I got no sleep last night either. Up and down all night worried and checking on Chey, who took her second vaccine shot last night. I read all the horror stories and scared myself silly, so once an hour or so I found myself wide awake and checking on her. As of now, over 30 hours later, she has shown not a single symptom. Never mind the fact that nearly everyone gets flu like symptoms within 12 hours of receiving the shot.  I'm very thankful.
Lou and I met a pair of good friends for lunch today at a little country store turned cafe called the Oark General Store, built in 1890 , in Oark , Arkansas. Located in the middle of the Ozark National Forest on a bunch of twisty roads, we enjoyed the Corvette immensely, as did our friends who were in an '05 'vette. We swapped cars once for a bit- amazing the difference in the same car over just seven years.
And I've had two of my saints lose their sisters today- one to general health issues in Texas, one to Covid in Arkansas.
Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight...church tomorrow.

The Purple Fuzzy

Glad to be headed home after a birthday party. I'm tired.

Roscoe

Church tonight. back home now. Fixing to go to sleep. Work tomorrow and I'm not feeling really motivated to be honest.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lol. I'm not motivated either and I'm not even at work. ;)

Roscoe

Well. Just under an hour to go.
Ready to head fo the house. It is hotter than the devil's living room here, and my dumb butt drove Rustythe46 in.
Yes.
The black truck.
With no air conditioning.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm very thankful for air conditioning. The thermometer on the porch says 101*. :shine:

Roscoe

It's gotta be close to that here. I came home and it's so hot, I simply came inside and found the recliner. Despite the fact I have a ton of things to do outside.

Backseat Radio

I've been dealing with bronchitis symptoms for the last 3 days. Thankfully no fever. Already got 2 out sick in my department today and one on vacation so my department needs the help.

Roscoe

Hi. At work. Considering slipping away for the weekend with lou early...celebrate our anniversary.

Lynx

For the record, leftover watermelon and homemade boiled custard blended together is an excellent treat.
"Do you sing at church?"