News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on January 24, 2015, 10:46:05 PM
Im sitting here studying, and trying hard to figure out a good illustration to convey my opening point.

Looking at being uncomfortable...and suddenly the perfect illustration hits me!

Quote from: Roscoe on June 26, 2013, 10:56:42 PM
At least he didn't do what I just did. I'm tooling along torwards home, listening to one of my favorite songs- and you should know that I 1) love music 2) sing quite poorly and 3) sing loudly when I'm alone.
Any way, the song "When God Unfolds The Rose" is playing, and it's a song that makes me squall, and sing along to, although its notes are so far out of the "bad" range for me that they are in the "My God where;s the torture device" range....
Yes. I am bellering it at the top of my lungs. Yes. I had managed to inadverdantly key the mic on my ham radio without knowing it. Yes, I broadcast my shameful performance across the state of Arkansas on its most powerful repeater, which has around 100 miles any direction from Little Rock coverage.
When I noticed it, I unkeyed and heard.." Whoever that was PLLLLEEEAAASE don't quit your day job. That was painful." Oooops.
:sing: "When God unfolds the rooooose..." :sing:

Yes...thats it.

:laughhard: :laughhard:

In other news: my weed smoking downstairs neighbor has gotten herself a bumping, thumping radio. We're about to go round and round. I've also been calling my apartment office for THREE days now with nary a peep from them. Heads are about to roll.  :flamingmad: :uzi2: :banghead:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 25, 2015, 12:17:58 AM
My week has been weak!

Preaching tomorrow night. I'll probably preach where I am "The Battlefield of Faith and doubt".

I recently asked why God wasn't seemly answering prayers...more so in the form of; if we have faith; why isn't more happening? How is it; if faith as a " grain of mustard seed" could do so much...and yet so much is not seemingly happening!!!?  Where is our(my) faith failing? I've always believed that God could answer my prayers; and he has answered so many...He has done some amazing things in my life. There are times; mostly when I realize I am not worthy that I doubt the answers!  I'm forever quoting " Lord I believe, help thou my unbelief"!

God actually gave me the answers to these questions yesterday. My parents and I were at a funeral; and a minister that my Dad knows sat down with him; started talking on the subject of righteousness...which without my Dad asking he started listing the reasons for unanswered prayers. My Dad pulled out a note book...we had just talked the night before on this subject; and he knew that this was God answering!  Yes, Conviction is a fiery dart!!! Thank God for his willingness to show grace and mercy!!!

With so much happening this past year...Health issues have me battling on so many fronts:
Physical,
emotional,
spiritual,
financial,
overwhelming self-doubt, and discouragement!!!

I would love to be able to read your message! I've always thought that our biggest battle was with ourselves..." battle field of the mind".  I'm my own worst enemy...who knows how many blessings I've talked myself out of! Self-doubt, fear creeping in...Myself afraid to step out!!

The Lord has been giving me a message on "Waging War" & "Spiritual Warfare ".  Mainly for my own benefit... Dealing with:

~being spiritually, physically, mentally prepared for War
~the weapons we have to fight with
~knowing the enemy
~waging war/ not forsaking the home front
~the things that we do that sabotage our own strength, and mindset! 
~the chains that bind us...being of our own making!!

Quote" We are often bound by defeat because our minds have already defined the loss before we even decide to fight the battle"! -Assuredbyfaith 

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Chseeads on January 24, 2015, 05:34:56 PM
Still pray for dad and all of us....  He's doing relatively alright I guess, though every day is a trial and misery on one level or another, as it has been for a long long time.....  *sigh*  It's terribly wearying for everyone.

Thoughts and prayers!!! IJN!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lynx

Quote for the day:  "The problem with quotes on the internet is verifying them." - Abraham Lincoln
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on January 25, 2015, 08:38:29 PM
Quote for the day:  "The problem with quotes on the internet is verifying them." - Abraham Lincoln

Does repetition make quotes more easily verified?  :hypocrite: 

Hmmm...that might work! If you repeat it often enough...people will possibly become brain-washed; well, more likely to fall into a mind-numbing stupor!   :o

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on January 25, 2015, 08:38:29 PM

I always wonder about how often the dead are misquoted!!  :biglaugh:  :hypocrite:

Assuredbyfaith

The Purple Fuzzy

Assuredbyfaith

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

taco_harvell

Today was crazy! I missed church this morning because our alarm went off 20 minutes before it started. Since I'm not moving fast and Elona leads worship I got out of her way, and she somehow made it. I preached tonight. I'm whooped now, and preached a different message. I might post a link to it. Trying to stay awake now to avoid headaches.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 26, 2015, 05:13:43 AM
I preached tonight. I'm whooped now, and preached a different message. I might post a link to it. Trying to stay awake now to avoid headaches.

Looking forward to the link....
Do your headaches happen when you sleep?

taco_harvell

The cluster headaches are triggered by sleep and are much more painful. I usually can make 3 days before I crash and have a night of misery.

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work. I industriously stole part of taco's original thought he posted here because the further I went through the day, the more it worked on me- specifically worry, and what worry actually is- a lack of trust. After sitting down yesterday morning and writing about 4 to 5 pages of notes, I was prepared for Sunday night service....got to church, and it blew up. Not literally- but spiritually. I barely brushed my carefully organized notes, God walked the aisles and people responded. Had an old fashioned holy ghost hoe-down. Thankful for people that are receptive to God's will and are willing to follow him....:clap:

Unfortunately, I am NOT in a spiritual realm now. I am very much back in a physical realm, and am leaning rather strongly on my Dr Pepper. May God richly bless the brother that invented that drink. It has be a very present help in my time of need, specifically every morning.:lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I'm done at Winn Dixie...headed to my new job this morning for my third day of training.

:clap:

Have a great day y'all!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Assuredbyfaith

I have my car back!!! As well, I no longer have to worry about the cost of the chip, wiring, key...etc. My brother-in-law created a bypass in the wiring!!! 😊 

Heather

Back from my weekend away! Had a great time even though I did not do as much homework as I had hoped. BUT we were so slow today at work that I was sent home an hour and 20 minutes early. Currently between subjects watching the snow fall outside my dorm window.

It looks like yet another pastor/church is going back on their word about our wedding ceremony. Just going to the courthouse then onto our honeymoon is looking better and better.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

HeatherB: Why do they keep reneging?

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 26, 2015, 05:28:45 PM
I have my car back!!! As well, I no longer have to worry about the cost of the chip, wiring, key...etc. My brother-in-law created a bypass in the wiring!!! 😊 
You carjacker, you! :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Essentially it comes down to politics and money. This last one really grinds my gears through because everything was set up and hunky dorry so we ordered invitations. Now the pastor will not give a straight answer to his associate pastor [my uncle] who would be the one doing the ceremony when 2 months ago he said all would be well. I'm just over it. If the pastor cannot give us an answer in the next 2-3 weeks I'm just saying forget the wedding. More money then that we can spend on a honeymoon and getting our home stocked. [Brandon and his dad has essentially ruined all my kitchenwares that were left at their house.]
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on January 26, 2015, 11:14:45 PM
HeatherB: Why do they keep reneging?

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 26, 2015, 05:28:45 PM
You carjacker, you! :P

I always knew that I was capable of daring, adventurous...hmmm, criminal acts? *sniff* Sad...here I had everyone thinking I was an angel!!! 👀  😊

Assuredbyfaith

I'm going to work with wet hair...I wouldn't want to give up the opportunity to improve on this sore throat and chills that I have acquired some where! I'm going to have so much fun!!!! 😐😢

taco_harvell

Quote from: HeatherB on January 26, 2015, 11:58:48 PM
Essentially it comes down to politics and money. This last one really grinds my gears through because everything was set up and hunky dorry so we ordered invitations. Now the pastor will not give a straight answer to his associate pastor [my uncle] who would be the one doing the ceremony when 2 months ago he said all would be well. I'm just over it. If the pastor cannot give us an answer in the next 2-3 weeks I'm just saying forget the wedding. More money then that we can spend on a honeymoon and getting our home stocked. [Brandon and his dad has essentially ruined all my kitchenwares that were left at their house.]
In TN you don't need a judge or minister. When you buy your license you can opt to get the County Clerk to sign the license and you're married. You can do a ceremony with a clown officiating after that if you want. They offered us the option, Elona said no.

The Purple Fuzzy