News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Arkansas Police Officer Drowns in Vat of Dr. Pepper.

Started by MelodyB, July 12, 2011, 08:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Police were calling the death of an Arkansas Police Officer who apparently drowned in a vat of Dr. Pepper Sunday morning "an unfortunate accident."

According to Sgt. Steve Dowden officials believe sweet aromas from the various ingredients used at the Pepsi Bottling plant in Little Rock where Roscoe P. Coltrane was working overwhelmed him, and he fell forward into a waist-high vat of Dr. Pepper and drowned just before noon.

Roscoe, a lifetime Arkansas resident, was one of two officers working security Sunday morning at the plant. The security job was just a temporary one.

Dowden said Roscoe did not appear to be wearing nasal protection, a safety measure strongly recommended when working in close proximity to such a desired beverage.

Roscoe, who is an avid Dr. Pepper drinker, is a self proclaimed "Dr. Pepper Tasting Expert" and apparently could not resist a sip or two from the enormous vat.   

Occupational Safety and Health Administration officials were investigating the incident to determine what conditions surrounded Roscoe's death, Dowden said, but decided it was just Roscoe's greedy nature and love for the beverage.

The other officer at the plant was not injured, and was convinced that it was all a joke, until it was too late and he had already drowned. "Roscoe was always a jokester" he said "shoot, he got out three times to pee, then jumped back in! I thought he was kidding! I didnt know he would drown..."

***edited to fix a typo I just noticed.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on July 12, 2011, 08:56:25 PM

The other officer at the plant was not injured, and was convinced that it was all a joke, until it was too late and he had already drowned. "Roscoe was always a jokester" he said "shoot, he got out three times to pee, then jumped back in! I thought he was kidding! I didnt know he would drown..."

:laughat:

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

You forgot to mention that to everyone normal, it was wasit high...to Roscoe it was a above his head!  :P
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Mel! You traitorous wench! :pound:
:lol:
Quote from: minnesota68 on July 12, 2011, 09:20:22 PM
You forgot to mention that to everyone normal, it was wasit high...to Roscoe it was a above his head!  :P
:pound: :pound: :2pistol: :2pistol: :fire:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on July 13, 2011, 10:04:18 PM
Who me?
Who?!? As my mama would've said- you ain't no owl, your feet don't fit no limb. :laughhard:  :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Reminds me of a similar incident.  From the report of said similar incident, three other guys jumped in to save the drowning man but he fought them off to the last.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

iridiscente

Mel, I'm impressed with your journalism/writing abilities! (the great fabrication isn't the part I'm referring to.)