News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

[News] Forum Upgrade - August 2010

Started by B, August 04, 2010, 04:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

I know. I used to use it all the time.

I've logged out and back several times. Oh well, I guess I'll have to live with it. But that jumping when I'm typing a reply drives me nuts. I don't reply as much anymore, anyway, so .... shrug.

It happens on my account no matter which computer I use. Maybe I'll send you my password, and you can check in and see for yourself. Then I'll change the password when you're done.

The Purple Fuzzy

It jumps when I type a PM and I can't see the line that I'm typing, just the lines above it.

Sis

It does it whenever I type a response. It won't start until it starts scrolling down, though. Short responses work fine.

Scott

I use Helios Multi and it works really good, no problems at all.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MsJennJenn

How can I make it fit in my screen?

It has scroll bars at right/bottom to scroll over to the right side of the forum....
Like I can't see the full page w/out having to scroll over?!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

B

What theme are you using, and what is your screen resolution?

B

MsJennJenn

OverViewLight and I don't know...

It's not on any of my other web pages, just on GP.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

B

OverViewLight works fine for me. I'm guessing it's that your resolution is too low. You can check it by right-clicking your desktop and selecting Properties.

B

MsJennJenn

I don't have a resolution option when I click Properties...

CVS *rolls eyes*
-Alexander Den Heijer-

B

Do you have a Settings tab? 'Cause it's on that one. :)

MGB

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Quote from: Sis on August 25, 2010, 02:38:11 AMIt does it whenever I type a response. It won't start until it starts scrolling down, though. Short responses work fine.

I used to have that problem on Facebook.  I don't know what changed but it doesn't do it anymore.

SippinTea

I just noticed something weird - not a big deal, just weird....

The sad face that posts isn't the one that is shown in the emoticon menu. And it doesn't seem to matter if I type out the shortcut, or click on it.

Mysteries, mysteries... ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

B

Quote from: SippinTea on August 25, 2010, 08:25:02 PM
The sad face that posts isn't the one that is shown in the emoticon menu. And it doesn't seem to matter if I type out the shortcut, or click on it.

Could be an issue with the conversion. I'll look at it in a bit.

B

B

There was a duplicate smiley for some reason. :roll: I've done some basic cleanup of the smileys (mostly just removing duplicates).

B

MelodyB

It was just a Glitch in the theme, Ruby.

*snicker*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sis

BTW:  This "Bouncing" problem I've been having has been happening for almost a year. It has nothing to do with the changing of the board. And it only happens on GP.

SippinTea

Quote from: MelodyB on August 26, 2010, 04:29:59 PM
It was just a Glitch in the theme, Ruby.

*snicker*

Haha! :highfive:

Quote from: Sis on August 26, 2010, 05:16:21 PM
BTW:  This "Bouncing" problem I've been having has been happening for almost a year. It has nothing to do with the changing of the board. And it only happens on GP.

Sis, I've had that happen occasionally on other sites, and I've never been able to figure out what the root of the problem is. Usually if I refresh once or twice it goes away. But that's not overly helpful when I'm in a hurry.  :-?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel