News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Save Money with Coupons!

Started by EricShane, March 22, 2011, 03:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricShane

Do you guys use coupons? during these tough economic times, with price of Gas, Milk and everything in between, every little bit helps!

Me and a few people from work buy a few sunday papers every week, and we cut and share coupons on our lunch break at work..

then.. Shop at Kroger or something simalar where they double your coupons (or if you want to get super technical, compare adds, create lists and shop by store)

also, sign up for cellfire and go on your stores website (ex. Kroger.com) and add e-coupons to your kroger Plus card and they are taken off automaticly.. also, even though it says they dont accept it, you can use a e-coupon and a paper coupon at the same time.. - also, make sure you sign up for kroger and cell fire coupons because sometimes they are different...

also, you can use several of the same coupons in the same order, as long as you have that many items for each coupon.. you can use the same coupon I think up to 2,000 times per order.

also, you can combine a store coupon, a manufactuer coupon and a e-coupon on the same item!

I always shop at the same store that I am comfortable with, and I have a coupon organizer, and I have them organized by Aisle.. That way it makes it quicker for me to get in and out, and as I find the product and find the coupon im going to use, I put that in my pocket.. so when I get up to the register I have a pocket full... lol

I save quite a bit a cart full of Groceries will usually make my bill come up to about 175.00 and by the time I use my in store discounts and coupons, sometimes I get out of there with only spending around 25 dollars!
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

EricShane

FYI - at Kroger this week they have "Philidelphia Cooking Creme" Regular priced as nearly $4 this week they have it on sale for $2.49, and they are running a promotion where if you by them in groups of 10 you can get them for $1.99 each, and walk a few feet over and you will see a hanging coupon machine that has Coupons for these for $1.50 OFF each one!!!

I grabbed maybe 50 of them.. lol and got them all for .49 cents each!!!
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Lynx

Cooking cream - manufacturing cream?  As in pure cream, no thickeners?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

i used to use coupons all the time until generics came out.

most times even with the coupon the generic is still cheaper. plus i dont like how some make you buy more than one of an item to get what you want.

i dont mind generic of most anything except peanut butter and mayo lol
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

SippinTea

Quote from: Babs on March 22, 2011, 04:12:06 PM
most times even with the coupon the generic is still cheaper. plus i dont like how some make you buy more than one of an item to get what you want.

*nod* Yeah, sometimes that's true. The times when I can make coupons work for me is when you can use an in-store doubling coupon like Eric was talking about. And agreed about the multiple item thing! Annoying! :) I almost never use that kind. Unless it's something I'd be buying anyway and/or know I'll use easily. I'm generally pretty good about not falling for "sucker" marketing schemes. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

yes, I have never been able to get into coupons.  It seems they're always for things we shouldn't be eating anyway, and the point Babs made about there being a generic that's cheaper.  I just can't validate paying more for the more colorful label if the taste/ingredients are the same. I also never see these doubled/mulitiple coupon deals going on.

Babs

you used to get really good deals, but now most stores have so many rules attached i gave up trying.

saving $1 off three bottles of dish soap, when one bottle will last me half a year just dont seem worth it lol

and yes MY good point, most coupons i find are for things i cannot, or will not eat. so wouldnt be saving if i bought them. most coupons are for junk/processed foods. and i try to stay away from them.

now if someone got smart and made them for fruit, veggies and such, why yes i would try it lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Babs on March 22, 2011, 04:12:06 PM

i dont mind generic of most anything except peanut butter and mayo lol

I am generic anything other than laundry detergent(Gain) paper towels(Bounty) and Mayo (Miracle whip)

I have got into couponing some but not as much as some
I guess its more for those that have the time. I went to a coupon class a few weeks ago and the time this lady running it put into it was ALOT.
She went to the store one weekend and bought $1100 of groceries for $16. For her its a hobby and all the extra she buys goes to the local food bank

Babs

hahah you know how many trips i would have to make to carry that all home in my backpack? lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

I can imagine

Stores like Walgreen's that use Register rewards, you can actually make money shopping if you know what to look for. Its alot of work to really get into it. The lady that had the class has 2 coupon zip binders that weigh over 10lbs each

Babs

eep i would not even get to the store lol

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Yeah, a friend was telling us about a double coupon adventure where he got two big bags of groceries and the store paid HIM more than 11 dollars. 

They never have coupons for stuff I want though.  If I don't need it and don't want it, it's not a good deal.  Ditto what Barb said about fruits and veggies, but if they're about to go bad you can find them on sale.  They're riper and ready to eat at that point anyway.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

EricShane

no no no barb! see... your one of the people who lost the game of couponing and gave up!!!

I mean, you dont even have to be an avid couponer all the time, just use commen sense.. Like a couple months back I was walking through Kroger and I seen "Save .50 cents now" coupons attatched to ajax dish liquid.. well, Kroger had them that week 10 for $10.00 and of course I know they double coupons, so I grabbed about 30 of them.. lol ----

so, I see your point barb.. but why buy Generic when you can get name brand for Freeeeeee!?!? lol

and there are alot of marketing schemes, thats why you have to know how to play the game!

Seriously, I dont pay for Toilet Paper, Deoderant, Shampoo, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Body Wash, Chewing Gum, Candy Bars, and half of my grocerys! lol

and MY you are right, alot of the things we buy are very unhealthy.. but I eat unhealthy.. (also a good reason why I have a heart condition! lol)

Tricia Lea

Eric I will send you an add recommend for the lady that does the coupon classes here. She has been sick the past couple weeks but she generally keeps her FB full of what coupons are the best where and she puts new coupon sites on her page and other money saving info. She said she adds anyone cause her page is primarily for her couponing

Babs

they just so my head in lol

anyways i am having a feeling i wont have to worry about all this too much longer.

(and no i dont plan on dying just yet lol)

My latest blog post.

EricShane

Quote from: Babs on March 22, 2011, 11:39:50 PM
they just so my head in lol

anyways i am having a feeling i wont have to worry about all this too much longer.

(and no i dont plan on dying just yet lol)
this dont make any sense.. lol or maybe im too blonde..

but yes!!!! I love coupon-people!!! that sounds awesome!

Babs

hahah i just mean where i am going, i may not have to worry so much about what to buy and not buy lol

not totally sure yet, but its just a feeling lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

sent Eric.
If anyone else wants to add her message me on FB. I will send a recommend

Like I said she dont have much on now as shes been sick but her page usually tends to stay full

EricShane

barb dont drink the coolaid

thanks TL

Babs

LOL i am actually drinking black cherry kool-aid right now lol

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Quote from: Babs on March 22, 2011, 11:44:35 PM
hahah i just mean where i am going, i may not have to worry so much about what to buy and not buy lol

The only thing my brain can ring up is a nursing home.  I do hope you're not going there.  You wouldn't have internet. :(
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

having internet is secondary to being in the will of God.

dont have to have it to survive.

R A D I C A L

My latest blog post.

EricShane

HAHA I promise I thought that tooo!!!! I just asked her in her ask thread! lol
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 22, 2011, 11:54:34 PM
Quote from: Babs on March 22, 2011, 11:44:35 PM

The only thing my brain can ring up is a nursing home.  I do hope you're not going there.  You wouldn't have internet. :(

EricShane

Quote from: Babs on March 22, 2011, 11:56:24 PM
having internet is secondary to being in the will of God.
wow..... thats a strong quote......

:o

Babs

im having strong convictions as of late lol

My latest blog post.