News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

I'm shocked!! But in a good way...

Started by SippinTea, December 15, 2009, 11:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Hoping this link to a Dockers ad transfers right. If not, I'll copy and paste...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WB2DtIUEdjo/SyankzevMuI/AAAAAAAAG7w/R7BVSqXiZK4/s1600-h/capture+Dockers+ad+about+men.jpg

If you're on Facebook, and have access to Randy Alcorn's blog, I suggest you go read his post relating to this.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Amelia Bedelia

Sis

But when men were in total control, they treated their wives like one of the kids. He could be abusive and even though it was against the law, nobody did anything about it. He could even spank her like one of the kids if she did something he didn't like and nobody would help her. Other women were to be seen and not heard, so nobody would stop him. We've come a long way, baby, and I wouldn't go back to being told I was stupid, can't do anything, and couldn't hold a job, just because I'm a woman.

I don't mind men being the leaders but, as my home pastor says, any man who makes important decisions without consulting the "vice president" in the family, he's a foolish man.

SippinTea

Quote from: Sis on December 16, 2009, 03:15:13 AM
I wouldn't go back to being told I was stupid, can't do anything, and couldn't hold a job, just because I'm a woman.

I didn't know there were only two options.  :updown:

I don't mind men being the leaders but, as my home pastor says, any man who makes important decisions without consulting the "vice president" in the family, he's a foolish man.

Don't MIND men being the leaders?? Seems to me that they're supposed to be the leaders according to God. But as for consulting the "vice president"... I do agree with you. :) However, consulting does not necessarily mean he'll always do what she wants - or even what she thinks is best.

My two cents...

Sis

Quote from: SippinTea on December 16, 2009, 04:47:22 AM
I wouldn't go back to being told I was stupid, can't do anything, and couldn't hold a job, just because I'm a woman.

I didn't know there were only two options.  :updown:

Don't MIND men being the leaders?? Seems to me that they're supposed to be the leaders according to God. But as for consulting the "vice president"... I do agree with you. :) However, consulting does not necessarily mean he'll always do what she wants - or even what she thinks is best.

My two cents...

I think you know what I meant about I don't mind......  I'm not against, I'm for, I believe it's right, I believe it's God's plan. I just didn't want to sound like I don't like the idea.

And the consulting thing was a quote from my home pastor, and It's obvious if the man is the leader, He's taking her opinion into consideratilon before making the decision.  *SIGH*

SippinTea

I wasn't twisting anything you said, Sis. I quoted you and responded. I assure you, no offense was meant by expressing a differing viewpoint.

Newsman

Lots of women want a male for biological purposes, and not a _man_. They should scarce be surprised when that's all they get. I remember a relative of mine wanting her intelligent daughter to wind up with a man that would stay home and take care of the kids..well, her daughter has a husband that, from what I understand, is unable or unwilling to do even that much, so she gets to earn the living and take care of the family.

I think the feminnist attitude has crept even into the church..some women feel the man can be the leader, as long as he not only listens to her, but doesn't decide they are going to something she is set against.

John

SippinTea

Good post, Sir John. :)

I know a couple families living in a similar scenario as your relative, and it always makes me wonder why they bothered getting married.

There's a big difference  between being treated like a stupid idiot, and being treated like a be-all/do-all superior. Somewhere in the middle is balance. And that goes for either direction in the relationship.

Funny. Chris and I were just chatting the other night about people/relationships we've watched where extremes were seen - from both sides of the gender fence.