News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Require a Warrant for GPS Tracking

Started by Sis, March 10, 2009, 01:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

Here is a petition I found while surfing. If you agree and want to sign, the link is at the end.

Require a Warrant for GPS Tracking!!

Target: We need the court's monitoring the sometimes overzealous GPS trackingSponsored by: Rebecca Curtis

In many states the police currently believe they have the right to approach any vehicle, place a GPS device on it, and track you everywhere you go on any whim that suits them. Some States have banned the practice, but the majority of states have not. As technology gets cheaper this practice is spiraling out of control. If the police are going to place a GPS device on your vehicle they should have a burden of probable cause and should have to obtain a warrant. I know I do not like the idea of someone plotting everywhere I go whether I am going to political campaigns, the doctor's office, Church, or just to the grocery store I don't want to think I am being needlessly tracked!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/662950873