News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Barack Obama is the 44th president of the USA

Started by Tricia Lea, January 20, 2009, 07:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

Well we now officialy have a new president

I saw a statement on myspace that I liked

QuoteI may not agree with Obama but I will pray for him daily as a leader

What are your thougts on the new term

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Bliss

RainbowJingles

Taken from an online article titled
"Five technologies the Obama administration should (but won't or can't) adopt"
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10145617-17.html

QuoteWhy shouldn't the White House staff be able to communicate with one another over AIM? I'm sure many of them use it in their daily lives and bringing it to the White House to communicate quickly is, in my estimation, a pretty good idea.

Instead of forcing his staff to walk back and forth between wings and offices, what if President Obama was able to instant message his staff from the Oval Office. I can see it now: PrezObama312: "Where's the dossier on the Russian spy we've been tracking?" WHStaffer35: "IDK. BRB." PrezObama312: "K. G2G. L8r."

Wouldn't that be great?

Chérie

i was at wal-mart getting some stuff inbetween classes. they had the coverage playing on all the t.v's throughout the store.

i was appalled to hear someone say something to the effect of "what? he hasn't been shot yet?" really really ignorant.
religion, tv, and media have powerful effects on the way people see the world. - maynard james keenan

Brother Dad

Quote from: Chérie on January 20, 2009, 10:02:20 PM
i was at wal-mart getting some stuff inbetween classes. they had the coverage playing on all the t.v's throughout the store.

i was appalled to hear someone say something to the effect of "what? he hasn't been shot yet?" really really ignorant.
I would certainly hope that as we pray for Obama we pray no one shoots him.  First of we should not wish that on anyone.  Second of give him a chance.  If he does do what he says great.  If does not do what he says at least he should have the chance.  He was elected and he is the President.  I sure hope no one shoots him or any ill fate comes his way.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Tricia Lea

Here's a picture from the inauguration I liked

Can you imagine how those kids lives will change?

CDAGeek

Quote from: RainbowJingles on January 20, 2009, 09:22:43 PM
Taken from an online article titled
"Five technologies the Obama administration should (but won't or can't) adopt"
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10145617-17.html

QuoteWhy shouldn't the White House staff be able to communicate with one another over AIM? I'm sure many of them use it in their daily lives and bringing it to the White House to communicate quickly is, in my estimation, a pretty good idea.

Instead of forcing his staff to walk back and forth between wings and offices, what if President Obama was able to instant message his staff from the Oval Office. I can see it now: PrezObama312: "Where's the dossier on the Russian spy we've been tracking?" WHStaffer35: "IDK. BRB." PrezObama312: "K. G2G. L8r."

Wouldn't that be great?

The problem I see with something like AIM would be security leaks. The normal instant messengers run off of remote servers. Though I do see the point if they were to implement an in house IM system on a closed network.

bishopnl

Quote from: Tricia Lea on January 20, 2009, 10:36:34 PM

I'm waiting for some joker to alter the photo and change her thumbs up to a different gesture, like somebody did with Piper Palin... :smirk2:

I'd hate it if my dad was just elected president.  If Obama is elected to two terms, they'll spend the toughest years of their childhood under constant media scrutiny.  Hopefully they can retain a little bit of sanity with all of that going on.  I don't think it's been easy on some of the past president's kids. 
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

dnr1128

Certainly being the first black man to be elected to the White House is an accomplishment, and I wish our new President the best during his tenure.  But I'm interested to see how quickly his worshippers become disillusioned when he doesn't fix their problems. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Melody

Quote from: Brother Dad on January 20, 2009, 10:13:00 PMIf he does do what he says great. 

if he does what he says, THAT'S horrible not great!  Partial birth abortions, gay marriage, just to start.

And he made a promise to Planned Parenthood last year they expect him to keep.

"The first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing I'd do."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8&eurl=http://www.fightfoca.com/

The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) would eliminate every restriction on abortion nationwide.

• FOCA will do away with state laws on parental involvement, on partial birth abortion, and on all other protections.
  • FOCA will compel taxpayer funding of abortions.
  • FOCA will force faith-based hospitals and healthcare facilities to perform abortions.

If I remember right, it's up to pass tomorrow.

Sis

Quote from: dnr1128 on January 21, 2009, 12:37:46 AM
Certainly being the first black man to be elected to the White House is an accomplishment, and I wish our new President the best during his tenure.  But I'm interested to see how quickly his worshippers become disillusioned when he doesn't fix their problems. 

He's not fully black and if I remember right, his parents weren't even married. Is he legally president? Was he really born in Africa like his aunt says?  Is that why suddenly she had to be shipped out of the country?

World Traveler

Quote from: Tricia Lea on January 20, 2009, 10:36:34 PM

Yep, instead of a Kardashians show in eight years, we will be watching the Obama girls on their own reality TV show.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

dnr1128

Quote from: Sis on January 21, 2009, 03:11:36 AM
He's not fully black and if I remember right, his parents weren't even married. Is he legally president? Was he really born in Africa like his aunt says?  Is that why suddenly she had to be shipped out of the country?

In the US, there are few purely black people.  I said he's black because I think that the term "african-american" is racist, inaccurate, and un-American. 

Is he legally President?  Aparently it doesn't matter.  I have my doubts. 

Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Chérie

Quote from: dnr1128 on January 21, 2009, 05:20:05 AM

and when people were arguing this in 2000 about bush - they were just sore losers.

religion, tv, and media have powerful effects on the way people see the world. - maynard james keenan

dnr1128

Quote from: Chérie on January 21, 2009, 05:58:56 AM

and when people were arguing this in 2000 about bush - they were just sore losers.

Apples to oranges.  In 2000, the Democratic camp was seeking recount after recount after recount, each time trying to disqualify ballots that, coincidently, were mostly for their opponent.  The USSC merely put a stop to the nonsense.  In this case, there is legitimate doubt as to whether or not Obama is a natural-born American, based upon eyewitness testimony that places his birth in Kenya, and historical evidence that HI issued birth certificates to those not born inside that state.

bishopnl

By every legal recount, Bush won the 2000 election.  So he was legally president.  The people who argued otherwise were doing so on unconstitutional, illegal grounds.
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

Sis

Bush was born in the United States. He has a birth certificate. Obama doesn't.

Niki

QuoteBut I'm interested to see how quickly his worshippers become disillusioned when he doesn't fix their problems.

Quoteif he does what he says, THAT'S horrible not great!  Partial birth abortions, gay marriage, just to start.

I agree.
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

Chérie

Quote from: dnr1128 on January 21, 2009, 06:56:12 AM

Apples to oranges.  In 2000, the Democratic camp was seeking recount after recount after recount, each time trying to disqualify ballots that, coincidently, were mostly for their opponent.  The USSC merely put a stop to the nonsense.  In this case, there is legitimate doubt as to whether or not Obama is a natural-born American, based upon eyewitness testimony that places his birth in Kenya, and historical evidence that HI issued birth certificates to those not born inside that state.

i love how its only "apples and oranges" when you are the one doing the complaining.

i am postivie that if that were the case the powers that be would have done a through investigation. its funny that i am only just now hearing this information. where is your source? an internet chain letter?

anyway i snoped it. its false.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

Brother Dad

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 21, 2009, 12:44:44 AM
Quote from: Brother Dad on January 20, 2009, 10:13:00 PMIf he does do what he says great. 

if he does what he says, THAT'S horrible not great!  Partial birth abortions, gay marriage, just to start.

And he made a promise to Planned Parenthood last year they expect him to keep.

"The first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing I'd do."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8&eurl=http://www.fightfoca.com/

The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) would eliminate every restriction on abortion nationwide.

• FOCA will do away with state laws on parental involvement, on partial birth abortion, and on all other protections.
  • FOCA will compel taxpayer funding of abortions.
  • FOCA will force faith-based hospitals and healthcare facilities to perform abortions.

If I remember right, it's up to pass tomorrow.
Excuse me let me rephrase it.  If he does for the economy like some on here thinks he will then fine.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

dnr1128

Quote from: Chérie on January 21, 2009, 05:07:58 PM
i love how its only "apples and oranges" when you are the one doing the complaining.

i am postivie that if that were the case the powers that be would have done a through investigation. its funny that i am only just now hearing this information. where is your source? an internet chain letter?

anyway i snoped it. its false.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

You're only now hearing about it because you most likely only get your information from the mainstream media, who have by any sane measurement been in the sack with Obama from the get-go.  Anyone who pay attention to other news sources, like WorldNetDaily, AmericanThinker, and FrontPage has known about this for a while now.  And for the "powers that be",  they really have the best interest of the country at heart, and they're going to investigate their Messiah.  Ok. 

Snopes is your authoritative source? Hm.  Sure.

According to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, which state that by not responding to a accusation in writing within 30 days, the accused admits guilt.  The Obama campaign has failed to respond to any questions regarding the location of his birth, and even statements from family members who say that they were present at his birth in Mombasa, Kenya.  If the accusations were simply wrong, why hasn't he responded? 

Melody

I'll have to check but I've heard now 2 radio interviews by the guy who is suing Obama about his birth certificate, he's a senator or congressman.

And he won't share his college papers. Plus his grandmother said he was born in Kenya, and that she was there, of course she she's gone. 

Now why wouldn't an American running for presidency not show this stuff, if even to shut up the idiots?  And why not college forms?  Unless, he applied for college as a foreign student and got aid because of it.  THAT makes sense.  With him not showing these things, he wouldn't even qualify to be his own body guard.  It's pretty stupid if you ask me, why he would do the most basic of things... unless there's more to it.  Which is why you don't hear from the Globama struck media flakes.

I don't know how you can have just now heard about this unless, like dnr said, you only listen to the mainstream puppets.

Sis

From what I heard, there wasn't a birth certificate. He got a replacement paper that's not exactly a birth certificate. It just says what he said about where he was born, and he swore to it. Which doesn't mean much.

He won't show his college papers because he doesn't want anyone to know where the money came from. He says he paid off his student loan, but there is no record of him ever HAVING a student loan.

And most of us are smarter than you think. We wouldn't go quoting some email forward unless it was in the humor section. *SIIIIIGHHH*

Nelle

Hmm.. I'm just really interested in seeing how much fun it will be to hear presidential news now that there are two little ones in the house.

He's my president, and I'll pray for him. I wish him the best, and I pray that he turns to God for guidance. I know for certain that he cannot do this job on his own.. May God richly bless their family during this time!