News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Racist or Not: Their Poor Children

Started by Newsman, December 17, 2008, 05:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bishopnl

http://www.stltoday.com/news/us/article_d58af77b-ea6a-5a49-a1e7-385165f0c0c7.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Read this update today, thought it was interesting.

I still have not heard of any concrete evidence that these parents are unfit, although the state insists that it is NOT because of the names of the children.  Hopefully they actually have valid proof that the parents were abusive. 
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

kkay

I love when people say "I'm not racist. I have black/white/asian/spanish friends/family!" Just because you're associated with people of a different background doesn't mean you're not racist. Obviously, these parents don't care that their children will be judged based on their decision to name them after someone like Hitler.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Thankfully when the Kids get older... there is a thing called a "Legal" name change... should they decide they want to do so. Some parents are dumb, and should not be allowed to name their own kids!! lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Sis

That's what I thought Moon Unit and Dweezel Zappa would do when they grew up. They didn't.