News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

KFC Cruelty

Started by EricShane, December 02, 2008, 04:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricShane

Okay Okay, I know its "just a chicken" but still.. watch closer to the end of this video.. This is Ridiculous!!!

WARNING: this video is extreme, and Violent towards Chickens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjhkJUDm9nQ
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

World Traveler

Ok, right off the bat, seeing the word PETA and Al Sharpton automatically made me dismiss it.

And... considering a chicken can live and function normally with its head cut off... I don't think there is much going on up there anyway to worry about a chicken having its feelings hurt.

Mike the headless chicken... http://www.chickflickthefilm.com/photos.htm
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Sis

OH NO!  Not Mike again.   :laughhard:

bishopnl

Pompous Al, whining about cruelty to chickens while he supports the right of a woman to terminate the life of her child while it's still in the womb. 

Frankly, I don't care how many chickens KFC is offing, or how they do it.  If a person supports ethical treatment for animals but doesn't extend that same right to unborn humans, they are just a sick twisted individual not worth listening too.
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

Sis

Quote from: bishopnl on December 02, 2008, 11:00:18 PM
Pompous Al, whining about cruelty to chickens while he supports the right of a woman to terminate the life of her child while it's still in the womb. 

Not to mention those that are half way out when they kill the child.

World Traveler

I am sure glad KFC deals with FRIED chicken because this whole thing sounds HALF BAKED to me. And, half baked isn't good, you could get food poisoning.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Sis

EricShane

lol -

I just thought it was very cruel how they were "throwing" the chickens into those big Containers... and breaking thier wings and legs, and then hanging them upside down, and shocking them, then drounding them to boil them alive... and its gross how they keep the dead chickens in with the live chickens and all that..
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Chseeads

I agree that there is some things that could be done better.....  But the overall process has been happening to chickens for hundreds of years.  lol 

EricShane

I have 5 chickens... I LOVE my chickens, if anyone ever treated my chickens this way, I would blow up.

Chseeads

You're not fixing to eat your chickens.  If you were, you'd either grab em by the head and wring their necks, or chop their heads off, then dip them in scalding water, pluck em, gut em, and cook em.  :smirk2:

EricShane

Quote from: Chseeads on December 03, 2008, 05:09:46 AM
You're not fixing to eat your chickens.  If you were, you'd either grab em by the head and wring their necks, or chop their heads off, then dip them in scalding water, pluck em, gut em, and cook em.  :smirk2:

omg that is so mean...

Im hungry lol

Tricia Lea

Sis

My brother got some chicks for Easter, one year. We had an enclosed front porch, so my dad made a cage of sorts to leave them in. They got big, and one day someone from the city said we couldn't have them in town. So my mother, being raised on a farm, knew how to take care of them.

She waited until all of us kids were gone and took them in the basement and chopped their heads off. When she was doing the last one, my brother came looking for her. He was heart-broken that she had killed his chickens. We had chicken that night for dinner, and my brother kept yelling that we were cannibals and how could we. My mom knew he had been hurt so she let it go that time. I just remember him screaming "Cannibals!"

To the day he died he wouldn't eat chicken.   :laughhard:

Brother Dad

I might go get KFC tomorrow.  I have been to a chicken processing plant, they take care to see that the Chickens last ride is as comfortable as can be.  And on warm days while the truck loads of chickens are waiting to be processed they have a cool mist blowing on them and big fans to keep them cool.  The shocking of the chicken is what the law requires so the chicken becomes paralyzed and the it passes through a blade that cuts their heads off.  The hot water is a must so the feathers will come off.  The USDA is at every plant monitoring the way they kill chickens.  As far as the workers kicking or stomping the chickens that worker should be fired.  The trowing the chickens into the cages, 1. You could tell by the video it was speeded up to make it look worse.  2. Have you ever had a hand full of live chickens.  Al Sharpton is a nut.  I saw on that page what peta stands for.

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

BenJammin

Quote from: Brother Dad on December 03, 2008, 08:04:31 AM
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

That was mine!!!!!

Gotta go by Charlie's and pick me up some chicken for lunch today.

I raised chickens for 4-H when I was a youngster.  Yes, they were pets, but I also understood that we sometimes didn't have money for any other meat on Sunday, so I would take my hatchet, grab the healthiest looking fowl, and with one smooth motion (most of the time, unless they moved) I would chop off their head.  It certainly didn't affect the way the tasted!!!

BenJammin
"Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys." ~Anonymous~

"Courage is not the absence of fear; rather the understanding that something else is more important than fear" ~Ambrose Redmoon~

Melody

I think it bothers people that don't have that common sense that you do Benjamin.  They can't handle the more sober realities so they throw a fit as if it's from compassion.  Sometimes though I think it's because of the workers that are extra cruel to the chickens, who don't do what they have to but are a bit more greedy and wasteful.  If we were in China (?) where they eat dogs, we'd probably all be a bit more sympathetic cause our culture deems them more valuable as pets/friends.

Bottom line though, the Bible says a righteous man careth for the life of his beast, but it is still for the livelihood of humankind.  So if it's time to eat it, it must die, and it's ok.  It's not cruel if we do it in a decent, non-wasteful way.  I don't know what I think about that video because I don't know all there is to know about raising chickens.  It doesn't seem very decent to cut off stuff while their still alive.  And it would seem that they should have more space/ fresh air.  But that is corporate business for ya too, the same ones that inject all kinds of stuff to make them look better though it's harmful to our bodies.  I'd buy free range chickens if I could afford it to encourage that more.

Sis

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 04, 2008, 01:46:24 AM
If we were in China (?) where they eat dogs, we'd probably all be a bit more sympathetic cause our culture deems them more valuable as pets/friends.

Actually, that was Viet Nam, Cambodia, and Korea areas. They don't do that much anymore, the younger people are more Westernized. Perhaps because of the recent wars there (In the last 50 years) 

Melody

ah, thanks, I couldn't remember where exactly, just that I had seen it in a Jean Claude movie...  LOL

EricShane

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 04, 2008, 01:46:24 AM
I think it bothers people that don't have that common sense that you do Benjamin.  They can't handle the more sober realities so they throw a fit as if it's from compassion.  Sometimes though I think it's because of the workers that are extra cruel to the chickens, who don't do what they have to but are a bit more greedy and wasteful.  If we were in China (?) where they eat dogs, we'd probably all be a bit more sympathetic cause our culture deems them more valuable as pets/friends.

Bottom line though, the Bible says a righteous man careth for the life of his beast, but it is still for the livelihood of humankind.  So if it's time to eat it, it must die, and it's ok.  It's not cruel if we do it in a decent, non-wasteful way.  I don't know what I think about that video because I don't know all there is to know about raising chickens.  It doesn't seem very decent to cut off stuff while their still alive.  And it would seem that they should have more space/ fresh air.  But that is corporate business for ya too, the same ones that inject all kinds of stuff to make them look better though it's harmful to our bodies.  I'd buy free range chickens if I could afford it to encourage that more.
wow girl, thats an amazing post.. --- I didnt even know the bible said that though about the Rightous man careth for the life of his beast...

But, Of course its okay to eat chickens... I just thought it was a lil gross to see them laying in the cages dead with the other chickens...

and, I know a thing or two about chickens, and PETA was a little bit wrong on some of thier facts... --- Such as, they inject them with so many hormones that it causes thier legs to break, - - - that is not the case, those are Leghorn chickens, and they are bread to grow VERy quickly, so  much so that thier legs cant stand the weight and they break... - I think its a little sad too that, that happens.. but thats not from hormones thats from the breeding. --- however "all" the hormones they give those chickens cant help either.

Chseeads

Leghorns are egg chickens, not meat chickens.  :smirk2:

Sis

I don't think HE lays eggs, though!  :rofl:

EricShane

Quote from: Chseeads on December 04, 2008, 07:39:39 AM
Leghorns are egg chickens, not meat chickens.  :smirk2:
i didnt mean leghorn.. I mean the cornish cross... or a broiler - which technicly is half Leghorn lol...

Chseeads

So you said Leghorn, but didn't mean Leghorn.  Oh, I see, that's perfectly clear.  :P

EricShane

Quote from: Chseeads on December 04, 2008, 05:16:27 PM
So you said Leghorn, but didn't mean Leghorn.  Oh, I see, that's perfectly clear.  :P
no, I only meant Half of what I said... *laughs*