News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

congress and the energy saving light bulbs.

Started by Q-tip, June 24, 2008, 07:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q-tip

///////////////\"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.\"///////////////

BrothaJason

The Government shouldn't tell me what I should use for lighting in my house, enough said.

EricShane

Quote from: BrothaJason on July 30, 2008, 03:56:23 AM
The Government shouldn't tell me what I should use for lighting in my house, enough said.
but the government can make it to wear only certain light bulbs that meet certain codes can be sold in the stores, and I think thats a great Idea!
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Sis

I have a couple of those bulbs in the living room. They're nothing more than night lights. Not much light, and they're really white light. It looks like a store display. I hate them. Would hate to have to buy only them because they're not bright enough. Two of them aren't enough to light up the living room. I have a pole lamp that I have to have on to get enough light, with the regular bulbs in it.

almondjoy

Quote from: Sis on July 30, 2008, 04:16:58 AM
I have a couple of those bulbs in the living room. They're nothing more than night lights. Not much light, and they're really white light. It looks like a store display. I hate them. Would hate to have to buy only them because they're not bright enough. Two of them aren't enough to light up the living room. I have a pole lamp that I have to have on to get enough light, with the regular bulbs in it.

Do you have the soft white lights or the daylight ones?

We have the daylight ones in our living room and kitchen and they're pretty bright.  I think they give off more light than the soft white ones.

Sis

I don't like the white look of them anyway. The living room doesn't look cozy anymore. It looks like a store display.

dnr1128

My entire house is pretty much using CFLs.  But, I do that because I want to, not because the feds say I have to.  Congress has no right to tell me or anybody else what light bulbs I can and cannot use.  If I want to use the most ineffecient bulbs and leave every light on 24/7, that's my right, since I'm the one buying the electricity.  If Nancy Pelosi wants to pay my light bill, then and only then can she decide what I use. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Babs

* Mz. Ethyl will just have to go to prison because she will use whatever light bulb she chooses

but

* Mz. Ethyl finds that video hilarious!!!
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

Babs

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

almondjoy

Quote from: dnr1128 on August 04, 2008, 02:22:14 AM
My entire house is pretty much using CFLs.  But, I do that because I want to, not because the feds say I have to.  Congress has no right to tell me or anybody else what light bulbs I can and cannot use.  If I want to use the most ineffecient bulbs and leave every light on 24/7, that's my right, since I'm the one buying the electricity.  If Nancy Pelosi wants to pay my light bill, then and only then can she decide what I use. 

I agree.  I use em because I WANT to...not because I HAVE to.

Babs

Quote from: Tricia Lea on August 04, 2008, 03:09:29 AM
* Tricia Lea hugs mz Ethyl tight

* Mz. Ethyl hugs tricia back tightly

* Mz. Ethyl hugs PM, AJ, Sis, Melsie and everyone else

* Mz. Ethyl ends her pinkwinking lol

My latest blog post.

almondjoy

* almondjoy hugs Mz. Ethyl even though she was pinkwinking

Sis

Babs

My latest blog post.