News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Turning 40?

Started by Sis, May 31, 2008, 06:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

Twas the eve of her 40th
can it really be here?
The very last moments
of her 39th year!

In her youth she'd go out
and be late getting in,
nowadays she drops
into bed around ten.

She sits and remembers
her high school days,
when dreamy singers and
big cars were really the rage.

She recalls her physique
was without imperfection.
Now all her good parts
are a-changin' direction.

Her hair is breaking
and getting quite thin.
She's been tryin' to convince us
that grey hair is "in".

As she stares at her scale
in great disbelief,
five extra pounds
only add to her grief.

Her afternoon jog
has taken a hike.
Listening to soft music
replaced the exercise bike.

Diet food and fiber are
a must for every meal,
and decaffeinated coffee
is part of the deal.

I guess there's really
no sense in denying,
she's going downhill
her brain cells are dyin'.

She laughed at her friends
when they reached this same age,
it's not quite as funny
since she's turned the page.

So she realizes that 40
isn't so nifty
but for the moment
it beats turning 50!

The Purple Fuzzy

The day I turned 40, Dina and I had been to her state choir competition and had an 8 or more hr ride back home on a charter bus.  All I wanted to do was rest when I got home, but when I got there, my dear husband was trying to surpirse me and had a house full of company. :yikes:  I had to run to the restroom for a few minutes of peace and pray so that I wouldn't be too grouchy since I knew he was TRYING to be nice.

Sis

Awwww! He was tryin' to be nice to you.

Ashlee

I always wonder what it will be like when I turn 40.  The years seem to be going by so fast. I remember when I never thought 18 would get here.  I know it sounds silly to some of ya'll, but sometimes I have to remind myself I'm not 18 anymore.  I see some 17 year olds and think "they're just a year younger than me" then I realize that I'm 21 like Sis.  :laughhard: :sadbounce:

yosemite

My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Sis

Quote from: yosemite on June 01, 2008, 02:11:26 AM
yeah but sis is amish and that keeps her young!!!   LOL

If I was Amish, I wouldn't be on the computer.  *Shakes head*

Mrs. Yosemite

(Heres a little poem I wrote when I turned 40)

When I had to be home by ten
There was so much to do back then.

Now that I can come home around two
Can't find anything to get into

So I guess I might as well stay at home.  :frustrated:

yosemite

My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

yosemite

Sis

yosemite

Sis

My UNbirthday is the 11th. I don't celebrate it anymore, but I do celebrate the anniversary of my birthday. You can send gifts any time during the month. They will not be rejected. :rofl:

The Purple Fuzzy

My dad's BD is July 11.

Brother Dad

I dreaded 40 now looking forward to 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and so forth
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Mrs. Yosemite

40 aint so bad.  I still got it! .  (Just cant remember where I put it.) hehehe   :laughhard: :laughhard:

Sis

There must be some medicine for it. Once you find it, that is.

almondjoy

My hubby just turned 40 this past Wednesday (June 3rd).

Sis

My UNBIRTHDAY is July 11th. A week after the 4th. I don't celebrate it anymore but I do accept gifts and cards on the anniversary of the one I used to have.

Stevebert used to say, "She will accept lobster and $20 bills."  :rofl:  That nut.

almondjoy

Quote from: Sis on June 09, 2008, 07:03:12 PM
My UNBIRTHDAY is July 11th. A week after the 4th. I don't celebrate it anymore but I do accept gifts and cards on the anniversary of the one I used to have.

Stevebert used to say, "She will accept lobster and $20 bills."  :rofl:  That nut.

Will have to remember that   :hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

Now Yo has caught up with the rest of us. :P

Sis

Quote from: practicalme on July 03, 2008, 05:49:34 PM
Now Yo has caught up with the rest of us. :P

:tantrum:  Not me!  Never!

yosemite

Sis

yosemite