News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Musing the Muddles

Started by SippinTea, April 01, 2008, 03:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Just use all those empty journals. ;)

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

*shakes head and wonders about her friends*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

titushome

Quote from: SippinTea on November 11, 2008, 04:20:26 AM
Hmmm... tell ya what... if you find me a publisher, I'll think about it. ;)

Ummm, Ruby... generally you have to write the book, THEN find a publisher.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

SippinTea

RainbowJingles

*wonders what Wooby is grinning about*

:eyebrow:

SippinTea

I was lying in bed, trying to go to sleep. But my mind was going a hundred miles an hour, fretting over various things, worrying over several situations, and I suddenly realized I was doing my oh-so-stupid-human-thing...looking at the mountains instead of the Mountain Mover. So I started praying about those things and situations instead.

As I began handing those things one by one to God, and giving them into His care, I started remembering something else, too... my God is awesome, and His power is endless. How did I forget that fact? It's so easy to give everyone else the pat answers, and so much harder to remember them for myself--to KNOW them for myself.

A few hundred dollars can look so huge to me. But to Him? Pffftt. What's a few hundred dollars when you own it ALL?

A body full of cancer? Pffftt. What's a few cancer cells when you created that same body, and know every detail of its innermost workings?

A dangerous situation? Pffftt. What danger?

A thousand questions flying through someone's mind? Pffftt. He had the solutions and the answers all figured out before the questions ever even arrived on the scene.

A tangled relationship? Pfffttt. If he made those crazy personalities, than figuring out how they fit together isn't difficult at all.

A prodigal? Pffftt. He watched them wander down the road a ways, and He knows exactly how to bring them back home again.

Not a challenge to Him. Not a stretch of His strength. Not a test of His ability. Not a pull on His power.

Nothing is hard for Him. Nothing is impossible. Nothing is confusing. Nothing is stressful. Nothing is bewildering. Nothing is frightening.

That's my God.

RainbowJingles

Quote from: SippinTea on November 22, 2008, 07:53:38 AM
A tangled relationship? Pfffttt. If he made those crazy personalities, than figuring out how they fit together isn't difficult at all.

:-)

**HUGS** Ruby
That tickled my funny bone, my friend!  :-)  You're awesome.  GREAT post.  All of it!

sunlight

QuoteA prodigal? Pffftt. He watched them wander down the road a ways, and He knows exactly how to bring them back home again.

Not a challenge to Him. Not a stretch of His strength. Not a test of His ability. Not a pull on His power.

Nothing is hard for Him. Nothing is impossible. Nothing is confusing. Nothing is stressful. Nothing is bewildering. Nothing is frightening.

That's my God.

isnt our God awesome? :grin: all that and more! and all that and less too... (the big and the little)
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

Elona--I kinda thought that one might make you smile. ;)

Chel--prezactly!

iridiscente

I just like watching you say "Pffffft!"

RainbowJingles

Yup.  Sure did!

**HUGS** Ruby

Quote from: SippinTea on November 22, 2008, 05:38:28 PM
Elona--I kinda thought that one might make you smile. ;)

Chel--prezactly!

SippinTea

Come to the Recliner

I'm currently reading Satisfy My Thirsty Soul by Linda Dillow, and I'm thoroughly enjoying her book. (As always! She's an excellent writer, and I continually find myself being drawn closer to God through her compelling style.)

This book is about intimacy with God. Not just a relationship with Him. Not just being a friend of God. But a face-to-face intimacy with Him.

I found myself smiling when I read a particular paragraph from chapter two, but not because it was in itself amusing. I was smiling because a couple of recent conversations made the paragraph seem a little more... real? understandable? approachable?

Maybe you'll see what I mean, and maybe you won't. Either way, here's the paragraph that caught my attention:

"Psalm 22:3 says that He comes in a very special way. My Bible translates it, "God is enthroned in the praises of His people." Other English translations say, "God inhabits the praises of His people." In the Japanese Bible, it says: "When we we worship, we build a big chair for God to sit in." I love that! My worship invites the Holy God to come and dwell in the big recliner my worship creates for Him. I invite His presence. My worship speaks to God's heart."

Dillow also quotes George Skramstad as saying:

"Ultimate worship takes place when we, like children, find ourselves climbing into the lap of our heavenly Father with the desire just to be with Him. At that moment there is no agenda other than to sit in His presence, to love Him, to whisper in His ear our gratitude, to feel His face, to hear His heart, to rest in His embrace, to enjoy the moment, and to understand more fully the God who yearns to enjoy us."

I know exactly what they're saying. And I want more of those moments. Those moments that no words can express. Those moments of being completely secure, and peacefully resting in His arms, just enjoying Him.

MelodyB

Yeah, that.

Awesome Ruby. Once again, you have described what is in my heart and what I most desire. Thanks.

RainbowJingles

Quote from: SippinTea on November 23, 2008, 06:23:09 AM
In the Japanese Bible, it says: "When we we worship, we build a big chair for God to sit in."

Oh WOW!  What an AWESOME word picture!!!!!

iridiscente

Quote from: RainbowJingles on November 23, 2008, 07:10:21 AM
In the Japanese Bible, it says: "When we we worship, we build a big chair for God to sit in."

Oh WOW!  What an AWESOME word picture!!!!!
that IS an awesome word picture... but for some reason the rest of your post made me uncomfortable.

SippinTea

Quote from: iridiscente on November 24, 2008, 06:40:56 PM
Quote from: RainbowJingles on November 23, 2008, 07:10:21 AM

Oh WOW!  What an AWESOME word picture!!!!!
that IS an awesome word picture... but for some reason the rest of your post made me uncomfortable.

I'm not surprised. *smile*

MelodyB

What was wrong with that post?

iridiscente

I don't like to mix words like "intimacy" with my thoughts on my relationship with Diety. I don't think anything she said is wrong. It just makes me think of all of the "Jesus is my boyfriend" music and that stuff makes me gag.

MelodyB

But are we not the Bride of Christ?

iridiscente

sure, but I still don't like the analogy. I think it gets taken too far. I think many songs we sing appeal to women and make men not want to be a part of the church culture... in one way of looking at it. At the same time, I don't like it, but, I'm not a man either. So maybe when it's taken to an extreme it makes more than just men not be drawn to it.

SippinTea

Quote from: iridiscente on November 25, 2008, 01:06:02 AM
I don't like to mix words like "intimacy" with my thoughts on my relationship with Diety. I don't think anything she said is wrong. It just makes me think of all of the "Jesus is my boyfriend" music and that stuff makes me gag.

Okay, the whole "Jesus is my boyfriend" thing makes me gag, too. *grin* Believe me! I don't get confused between Jesus and PC. *cough* But...

The word 'intimacy' has been changed to mean only one aspect of intimacy--the physical aspect--(which is a major pet peeve of mine, btw). True intimacy is much bigger than that. Which is why I don't mind using the word in relation to how Jesus knows me. He knows all the secret corners of my heart that I never, ever show to other people. And He still loves me in spite of them.

SippinTea

One more quick thought...

This whole year I have felt like God was showing Himself to me in ways I've never known before. One of the biggest things was that I had a somewhat twisted view of Him waiting to pounce when I mess up. But this year I've had this growing awareness that if I TRULY believe in the oneness of God (as I say I do) then the compassion, and gentleness, and love that Jesus showed others while He was on earth are the same attributes that God shows toward me today. You can't separate the two. And I guess the whole little journey I've been on this year has given me a different picture of God Himself. He seems more approachable, more loving, more compassionate, more gentle, more merciful, more... near. Close.

*shrug* Not sure I'm able to put into words what I've been learning this year, but that's the best I can do for now.

MelodyB

Yeah...that. Thats exactly how I feel lately too. Naturally ;)