News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Unread Topics...

Started by sunlight, January 28, 2008, 04:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

I have a question...
You know how you can go and look at the unread topics since last visit? and then when you read all of those, there is an option that says to go to all unread topics. That button has never worked for me, and i know there are some that i have never read... is it a setting on my part? or does it just not work?
Thanks,
~ Chel
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

B

It works for me. What theme are you using?

B

sunlight

where do you find out? mine is blue and grey, says simple machines at the top? that give you any information?

Sis

Sounds like the default screen.

sunlight

B

It's under Profile > Look & Layout Preferences.

B

sunlight

yeah, its the default then.

B

Then it should work. :think: What happens when you click the link?

B

sunlight

You know how you can go and look at the unread topics since last visit? and then when you read all of those, there is an option that says to go to all unread topics. That button has never worked for me, and i know there are some that i have never read...
it just acts like there are no unread topics.

can you fix my typo too? lol, it's buggin me

Sister_Mom

Is it possible you have read all the topics and there aren't any "unread"?
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

B

Quote from: sunlight on January 28, 2008, 09:44:47 PM
can you fix my typo too? lol, it's buggin me

Done. :teeth:

Quote from: sunlight on January 28, 2008, 09:44:47 PM
it just acts like there are no unread topics.

Quote from: Sister_Mom on January 28, 2008, 09:50:51 PM
Is it possible you have read all the topics and there aren't any "unread"?

That was actually going to be my next comment. :thumbsup2: If you read (or mark read) all of the "unread topics since your last visit" on every visit, then there aren't going to be any other unread topics on subsequent visits. Make sense?

If you're not doing that, then I don't know why it's not working for you.

B

sunlight

i'm not doing that, and there arent some that i have read, because i can still go to the individual boards and see the ones with NEW on them still there. Is there a setting somewhere that could have gotten checked that would make it do that automatically? i have never even seen the check all read button... lol.

sunlight

dude, so the only thing i had to do was edit the first post and it would have changed the typo? lol. i tried editing the last post, and that only worked for the one i changed. Silly me, didnt even think of editing the origional one.
* sunlight hugs smart people like b

Sister_Mom

Quote from: sunlight on January 29, 2008, 01:47:23 AM
dude, so the only thing i had to do was edit the first post and it would have changed the typo? lol. i tried editing the last post, and that only worked for the one i changed. Silly me, didnt even think of editing the origional one.

:pound: Sunlight for calling herself silly for not knowing something she couldn't have known.  :nono:

Nothing silly about that. Not knowing is the first and most necessary stage to learning. Correcting mistakes is learning.  :great:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

sunlight

* sunlight hugs sis-mom too for putting things in her perspective!

B

Quote from: sunlight on January 29, 2008, 01:45:14 AM
i'm not doing that, and there arent some that i have read, because i can still go to the individual boards and see the ones with NEW on them still there. Is there a setting somewhere that could have gotten checked that would make it do that automatically? i have never even seen the check all read button... lol.

Not that I've seen, but there may be. I'll poke around a bit. If I find something, I'll let you know.

Quote from: sunlight on January 29, 2008, 01:47:23 AM

lol Yeah, that's it. :teeth: *hugs Chel* It doesn't have as much to do with being smart as having experience. :teeth:

B

sunlight

I now have experience! ha! I owe you one...

B

I take cash, check, credit, or debit (with PIN). :up2:

B

sunlight

hmmm
id go for cash in those options... less threat there.
I'll have it ready whenever you get here... REG

B