News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been raining here all day.

And I had to have the air conditioner on the other day and thought we were done with the heater but nope. Heater is on today.

Roscoe

:hi:
Thank God it is Friday. Been a long week. Overcast but not terrible here. Been cruising the highways and byways today. Ready to go home.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Shew Lord. Memorial service today for my assistant pastor's mother who died last month. The parking lot has evidence of work from the french drain installation which is half finished. They called to tell me the water was off- yes, I know, I will turn it on in a minute- the installer of the drain turned it off to move a water line and wanted to give the repair time to dry.
 So, I stop and get all three hairs left on my head cut, get the water turned on and air out of the system, then realize no one has ordered flowers from the church, and my church secretary is out of town. I call the local flower shops, one in the next county is open. I shoot over, and discover that I'd gave Lou the church debit card to get things for the family's meal after the service. :pound: Thankfully, Bro Wilson had used that little florist before and the church has an account there. I ain't near the platform yet and I'm already done with this. LOL.
And Lou is singing, mainly old songs which she's not as familiar with and is trying to coax me into singing with her. Uh, no.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi:
 Everyone disappear?

Quiet in here. Had 70 in church this morning. Most I've seen there in a long time. Made my day. Now, after the service, and after the hour wait at the restaurant..I'm glad to be at home chilling....

The Purple Fuzzy

It was a pretty day here. No rain, for a change.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 09, 2023, 08:50:27 PM:hi:
 Everyone disappear?
I'm here. Just nothing much to say.

We sure need the sunshine the weather forecast says we will be getting this week. The yard is tall and I need to get it mowed.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Sun is shining here thankfully!!  :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Was beautiful here. I managed to get the flowerbeds cleaned out, diseased rosebushes replaced, new mulch put down. I'm very pleased with my window boxes. They are really showing out:
20230410-165952" border="0
20230410-170016" border="0
20230410-165956" border="0

And the overall front lawn view...
20230410-165823" border="0

I didn't get to work on Sam though....too busy. Back to work in the morning.

Backseat Radio

I've not had the energy to post much lately.  Sunday wasn't an easy day for me.  The rest of my family is sick so we wasn't able to get together for the holiday.  The only good part of Sunday was church. Had 2 choirs in Sunday morning service.  Adult choir started off the service.  Then the ACW kids choir did the song "God's Not Dead" in the middle of the service.

Roscoe

UGH. It is my Monday. Not a fan of this whole work for your bread thing.
It appears to be beautiful out too. I would be much better served to be off enjoying the things that bring me pleasure instead of inside, dealing with things that bring me annoyance. :pound:

Nelle

Hope everyone is recovering, BSR. Maybe when everyone is, you can have a makeup Easter holiday celebration for family. We had to do that last year or the year before since everyone couldn't be with the family that one weekend. It was a couple of months late, but it was still really nice.

Church was good Sunday. We always have breakfast with our Sunday School, but they wanted this one a little extra special. Our pastor's wife made ham, Jeremy & I brought biscuits & sausage gravy and scrambled farm fresh eggs. We had a platter of fresh fruit (pastor's wife) and of course the OJ & milk. It was yummy.

We did go to Jeremy's grandma's house for lunch. Didn't eat much there. She always makes a Schwans meal these days. I wish she'd let us help her out, but she refuses any help. She gets tired so quick, I hate that she's tiring herself to make a lunch.

@work. Yesterday I was cranky.. all day. Wasted half a day with trying to figure out why my work computer just stopped letting me do things. My profile is also being used on my old computer in the back room... and our IT (off-site) had decided they wanted us to get rid of it or update it, so the VP here unplugged it and then.. bam... I have zero connection LOL. IT is gonna fix it and upgrade us to newer systems to avoid any of these hostage situations other companies in our field are experiencing.

Looks like Jeremy's getting approved for his service dog. Makes me nervous, but I hope this helps him. I know these dogs come trained, but I'm nervous about how the cats are going to react. I'm nervous about the process of getting the dog.. where the dog's gonna sleep, eat, etc. LOL. Our house isn't tiny, but the layout makes it seem tiny in half the house.

I told Jeremy this morning that not one part of me wanted to go to work today.. then I said.. well, except for the "I have bills to pay" part. LOL.

MsJennJenn

I never want to work ever. This working to live thing is wack. :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

My demon cat is WILD today. Okay he's wild every day.
Yesterday he broke two animals off of shelves.
Today he's knocked a plant over. with wet dirt cus i just watered.
he's been literally climbing in a window UNDER the blinds chasing a bug on the outside of the window.

AHHHHH  :updown:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not much on inside animals. Too much mess.

Nelle

oh boy. Ours lose their minds when bugs come in as well. I just had to save my window screen over the weekend from a bug-crazed kitty haha.

@Work. Headache and eye ache today. I'm pretty sure it's mostly just because I'm really tired.. this is day 3 of feeling this way. I probably should go to bed as soon as I get home tonight from church, haha. Hopefully I can get some rest.

Jeremy's headed to Arizona for Memorial Day week(end) to see his best friend. My momma is gonna come up and hang out with me while he's gone. I have got to get this house tip-top shape before his service dog is here soon.

Roscoe

Just feel drained today. Not sick, just weak and no energy. a touch of a headache trying to sneak in. But it is beautiful here today- sunny and 80.I'm loving the weather.

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 12, 2023, 04:42:58 PMMy demon cat is WILD today. Okay he's wild every day.
Yesterday he broke two animals off of shelves.
Today he's knocked a plant over. with wet dirt cus i just watered.
he's been literally climbing in a window UNDER the blinds chasing a bug on the outside of the window.

AHHHHH  :updown:
My momma wouldn't put up with that junk. She has four cats now, had indoor cats all my life, but she doesn't tolerate that stuff from an animal less than 1/20th her mass.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Urgh. Church last night, typical Wednesday night around 25 there. Back at work today.  Thankful for my job despite my desire to become a hermit. :lol:

Roscoe

Man. Everybody got quiet. They up to something......
Morning y'all. Nice talk with God at 3am. And on the way to work. Thankful it is Friday.

Nelle

Woke up yesterday morning with what I assume is a new full-blown cold. Yay. Been sleeping horribly. Had to spend half this morning on the couch thanks to my inability to breathe and sleep at the same time, haha.

I'm @work. Hopefully I stay at least above water today. I'm supposed to go to the IBC Praise rally tonight.

Tomorrow is Jeremy's mom's benefit. Gotta get feeling better asap.

Backseat Radio

Praise Team practice last night threw me in on the deep end with the ProPresenter. Bro Joseph had told me Wednesday night that he wouldn't be at practice but that I was welcome to come to practice if I wanted to. He set all the songs into the system for me, or so we thought. Got there last night and the Praise Team picked a different "I am not alone" than the one that had been loaded and "The Lion and the Lamb" had the title there but no slides. Had to scramble to figure out how to find and load the 2 songs into the system without my trainer there to help me.

Lynx

Ah, miscommunication.

If anyone complains, tell them take it out of your paycheck.  =^.^=
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Lawd. Yesterday- much travel. Prayer meeting last night. About twenty five and absolutely amazing presence of God. Looked up, and there was my boss and her husband of whom I have spoken, praying and speaking in tongues... I tell you, I feel like they are not satisfied with their church and like ours. My Lord, if they came and got a grip on oneness and Jesus Name baptism, it would be AMAZING.
Got up today and hauled a load of trash to the dump- it's spring clean up so free dump day- and then went to Russellville and grocery shopped a bit, then back to Morrilton to pick up some meds for the K9 babies. Another couple of errands and I finally managed to work on Sam a little around 4pm while Lou worked in the house and caught a nap. I'd say I worry about her- lately she's had blood pressure trouble and the covid after effects. I just have to trust in God, but I hate that she is so tired all the time. She's always been a sleeper/nap taker, but she has done more napping lately than in the past.
Hail storm came through just now...and I have steaks on the smoker.
And now you are up to date with Roscoe's world.. :lol: