News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Done a bit today...mostly running. Little praying as well, in reference to tonight. Nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. Funny, I don't get nervous teaching cops...or at my church...or dealing with offenders one on one. But this is new to me.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And.... done. Felt like it went decent. Bro Pearce called and told me several had approached him afterwards and said my words had spoken to what they were dealing with and needed, and one old guy came up wiping eyes and stated that I had confirmed everything he had been feeling and dealing with and everything I said was for him. So way I see it, if it helped ONE person, I was in the will of God and I'll take it as a win..
Now. To get some rest and go back to the secular job tomorrow..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Good morning everyone.

Ready for a nap and my day is just starting.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm just not a morning person. It takes me a while to feel human.

Roscoe

Fuzz- this was on my door as long as I could get away with it.  :laughhard:

FB-IMG-1633008726134-1" border="0

Shew Lawd. Very happy this morning. My coworker, Rena, who is like my sister, had came to church Sunday with us for the first time. She's AME, and the one I taught a bible study to a year or so ago...
We had a shout down service, with a visiting preacher. After service, she vanished before I could talk to her.
Today she came in my office- "I haven't felt God like that in a loooong time. That man could preach and the presence of God was all over. I have had a peace like I've never felt every since that service. I WILL be back.FREQUENTLY."
Yeah, i wanted to shout. God is moving....

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 14, 2023, 01:43:44 PMI'm just not a morning person. It takes me a while to feel human.

Meeee either. I told an admin yesterday "I'm just really not a morning person" and she laughed and was like "girl it's 10:30"... so? And? It's still morning. I don't like any of it. It takes me a while to get going.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Urgh. Lawd. Hardly any sleep last night. Sooooo tired.

The Purple Fuzzy

I can sleep well and still wake up tired. ;)

mini

Me too!

Good morning everyone.  Looks like we are in for a rainy day here.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Rain. Bah. :pound:

I took a "sleep aid" at 10 last night. Baaaad idea. Knocked me out, true enough, but woke up with a mouth full of cotton, or so it seemed, and a hangover. Three hours later I still feel hungover. :pound:
I know it wasn't simply melatonin, it was some kinda over the counter pill that was labeled as sleep aid. I will not be a consumer of them again...

Nelle

@Work. Tired BUT I slept better last night than I had the two nights before. Also a rainy day here which means no relief for the sleepy, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

We are supposed to get storms today.

Backseat Radio

Rain doesn't start here till later this evening. Supposed to rain tomorrow too.

Service last night was good. Pastor preached from Luke 5:19-20 about making it easy for someone to come to Christ and how Christ is concerned first and foremost with spiritual healing for a person.  He did drop a few names of church members while talking about how the various teams help visitors feel welcome - including pointing out that I was running the ProPresenter last night.

Our sound system/ProPresenter was having a glitch last night playing music in the auditorium we didn't want playing. We'll be combing the system tonight during praise team practice to figure it out and fix it.

Nelle

Whew..

I'm at work. I had to come in late thanks to a very flat tire experience yesterday on the interstate. Mechanic thinks I ran over a nail ON the interstate. Deflated as soon as I pulled off the road and parked. I was 3/4 of the way STILL up the hill when it happened and had to drive to the nearest exit. Called husband and had him come change it for me. Thankfully he was off work and not too far away since he was almost home. Went by this morning and they repaired the flat for me. I'm going Monday afternoon to replace my four tires. It's been about 2 years but have basically got my mileage worth out of them. Thankful things went well!

The Purple Fuzzy

We had a screw in one of our tires this morning. We had to stop and get it patched.

Roscoe

Y'all keep that tire demon in those other states. I ain't needing to meet it. Been a busy day. Runing most of the day. But in about 45 minutes, it's Hasta La Vista, baaaaby! At least until next week. I am looking forward to it- just to be away for a bit. I need to recharge.

Lynx

I am back from vacation.

That last day of it was starting to get a bit boring. That's how you know the vacation was the perfect length, if you look forward to getting back to life as normal.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

Been a busy day. Bro Joseph (the guy that's over the media team) put me to work this morning teaching me how to put Pastor's scriptures for class and worship service into the ProPresenter. Then he had me run the ProPresenter during class. Told me later its a good thing I wasn't running it during the main worship service cause the battery on the Apple keyboard died in the middle of service leaving him scrambling to plug it in and get enough charge to respond to commands.

After service the church photographer snapped some photos of me working on the ProPresenter since my mother, who can't get out much now, wants pictures of what I'm involved in at church.

Lynx

Protip: Always plug in the keyboard before starting service, even if nobody else dones. For mission critical events, always plug in everything that can feasibly be plugged in. Ya just never know when a battery may die or a wireless connection may break.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's still kinda chilly out but warming up, thankfully. At least the sun is shining. :shine:

Roscoe

Back from Branson. Everyone had a good time and the Sight and Sound play "Esther" was great.
Glad to be home though. A few hundred things I need to do, most of which likely will not get done...

Nelle

I've never been to S&S in person, but TBN showed Esther on their channel one night. She's my favorite Bible "story" and it was so amazing even just watching on the tv!

@Work.  This work chaos just never seems to chill out. ONE day I'll be back on schedule and looking for things to do, I'm sure... I just haven't seen that day in over a year and a half... so I'm not sure if I'll recognize it. LOL

Husband is finally feeling better and going to work today. He was throwing up all night Sunday evening and most of Monday. Hopefully it was just a 24 hour bug. He hadn't thrown up since 1pm Monday and actually kept his meal down last night. Thankful that I haven't seemed to catch it. I ate carefully last night JUST in case, hahaha. Didn't want to trigger anything.