Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

I am officially on vacation for a week.  :clap:

Chseeads

* Chseeads thumps everybody in the head for New Years..... :pound:

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on January 01, 2023, 04:19:53 AM
* Chseeads thumps everybody in the head for New Years..... :pound:
So is that like a thump for good luck or something?

I'm eating dark chocolate covered pretzels... For New Year, for good luck. Yeah.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

My dad resurrected (put a new battery in) my old Dodge Stratus for me for Christmas so I've got it in the Walmart Tire and Lube getting an oil change and air back in the tires.

Roscoe

Hi all.
Absolutely gutted today. My Bishop , like another father to me, and friend was found dead this morning of an apparent heart attack.
I'm totally lost at the moment. I have to be strong, keep the church moving forward. I would appreciate prayers...lord knows I feel inadequate right now.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 03, 2023, 12:51:02 AMHi all.
Absolutely gutted today. My Bishop , like another father to me, and friend was found dead this morning of an apparent heart attack.
I'm totally lost at the moment. I have to be strong, keep the church moving forward. I would appreciate prayers...lord knows I feel inadequate right now.
Bishop = the senior pastor who came before you?

Reason I ask is: We call our senior (91 years old, ostensibly retired, but I think we forgot to tell him that he was retired) pastor "bishop" now. Not sure how that became a thing in the church world. Maybe to differentiate between the current pastor and the retired elder.

When he dies, the whole town is going to feel gutted. He's something of a local legend of goodwill. And he's been showing signs of ailing lately.

This is a long way of saying my sympathy, but yeah... I feel ya bro.  :sadbounce:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 03, 2023, 12:37:43 PM
Bishop = the senior pastor who came before you?

Reason I ask is: We call our senior (91 years old, ostensibly retired, but I think we forgot to tell him that he was retired) pastor "bishop" now. Not sure how that became a thing in the church world. Maybe to differentiate between the current pastor and the retired elder.

When he dies, the whole town is going to feel gutted. He's something of a local legend of goodwill. And he's been showing signs of ailing lately.

This is a long way of saying my sympathy, but yeah... I feel ya bro.  :sadbounce:
Yeah, that title started sneaking around in our ranks a few years ago. Not sure how I feel about it, but if anyone deserved the title, he did.

Back at work. About to go to court...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

One of the finest men to ever walk in shoe-leather...

Praying for you daily friend.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Sending love and prayers Bobby.  :smirk2:

We're both sick over here. I'm back at work today. But I "worked" from bed until almost 1pm.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Thanks y'all. Sorry you are sick, Jenn.
I'm taking the next two days off as holidays and preparing for the service on Thursday. Thinking of that old song from years ago- "One day at a time, sweet Jesus..."

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy *hugs* Roscoe

Nelle

So sorry Roscoe! :(

Back @Work today. Came back home from the parents Monday afternoon earlier than planned due to the storms.

Good thing I did, because I had a little chill time before we got a very scary phone call. Jeremy's mom had been in a head on collision and we weren't sure what we were walking into at the hospital. Thankfully she did not cause the wreck nor was she drinking as she was on her way to work. The driver who hit her died at the scene and the other driver who had been in front of her walked away fine. She started off at a local hospital, but then was transferred to St Louis University (SLU) hospital that same night for surgery to put pins/rods/plates in her left leg from her hip to her knee. Her right foot/ankle is too swollen currently to do anything but pins from the outside to kind of 'set it up' for surgery in about a week. Her foot was basically completely disconnected bone-wise from her leg. She also has a broken arm and broken ribs. We are SOOO thankful she was driving her truck instead of her newer little car, or we might have been facing quite a different situation.

Jeremy's been going through some personal issues the past year and we have faced tremendous loss the last 2-3 years, and his other worst nightmare almost came to fruition, so we are thankful that God saw fit to spare her again. (She had a stroke in 2020 that was also taken care of at SLU.) She's in quite a bit of pain as you can imagine, but she's got some spirit back already. Praying that her swelling will go down so that she can get this surgery done sooner rather than later so that rehab can only be done once and she can impress us all again with her ability to bounce back! She's not financially in a spot where not working is really a possibility yet. We came home last night once we were assured she was safely out of surgery and all. Very tired since we only had about 3 hours sleep Monday/Tuesday.

Last night's sleep was soo nice. It's finally chilly again like it's winter instead of raining and 70 degrees, so I got to use my heated mattress pad. Quality of life has been much better since that purchase, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

Hoping all these issues get better soon.
Jenn, are you any better?

Roscoe

Lord. Sounds like 2023 is starting out with quite a bang for all of us. :sadbounce:. Thanks for the hugs and prayers, fuzz, Nelle, Jenn, and all...
Tonight we had church. More of a memorial time for the church to reflect on Bro Wilson and his life. Many tears, many laughs. Now if I can just get through tomorrow....tons of people coming.
And Bro Wilson got me one more time. His favorite verse to quote to me was be instant in season...
So, the family gave me one of his bibles. Tonight, I went to look up the verse where Paul says he has ran his race, finished his course, etc. Of course when I open his bible to read it- he had highlighted the "be instant" verse..I couldn't help but laugh. He's gone from this earth and still busting my hide. :laughhard:

Roscoe

Hi. At church, preparing for the homegoing service. Received a text from my church of God in christ supervisor telling me she had awakened at 2 am to pray for me and would continue doing so. It sure is good to have people praying for you even of other beliefs.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 05, 2023, 05:27:06 PMHi. At church, preparing for the homegoing service. Received a text from my church of God in christ supervisor telling me she had awakened at 2 am to pray for me and would continue doing so. It sure is good to have people praying for you even of other beliefs.
Oh...

At first I read that in a very wrong way. I was starting to wonder when your church had joined an organization, and why y'all had chosen that one.

You meant your supervisor on the job. Right. I got it now.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on January 05, 2023, 05:27:06 PMHi. At church, preparing for the homegoing service. Received a text from my church of God in christ supervisor telling me she had awakened at 2 am to pray for me and would continue doing so. It sure is good to have people praying for you even of other beliefs.

I think this is how it should be. Just because someone's beliefs differ than what one has doesn't mean their prayers mean any less. I think this is where we need to get to as a Christian movement. Is to stop being so focused on those tiny things and pull together as a whole to bind together.

And no Sandra. Felt semi okay yesterday. Other than being super congested to the point of a sinus headache.
But today man I cannot stop coughing.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

:( I've heard of 3 folks I know that have died in the last few days.

Roscoe

Shew. Made it through today. I was amazed at the turnout and the people who came. I was so honored to see Mini and his lovely bride, although I wasn't able to speak more than a few seconds with them due to everything going on. There were a ton of people there. Gonna be hard to realize that I can't pick the phone up and call him anymore, but I know God will carry us through.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 06, 2023, 02:21:34 AMGonna be hard to realize that I can't pick the phone up and call him anymore, but I know God will carry us through.
On the upside, you shoudln't have any regrets. You made a lot of posts where you mentioned doing stuff with him. I get the impression you made the most of the time you had.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Yea what he said. You talked often of him.

Coughing has not subsided.
Last night was rough.  :wah:
I am tired.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 06, 2023, 05:36:08 PMYea what he said. You talked often of him.

Coughing has not subsided.
Last night was rough.  :wah:
I am tired.
Oh, yah. No regrets, we were good.
Back at work. Glad it is Friday....

MsJennJenn

Did a Teledoc thing after I posted that in hopes of some cough syrup with codeine. But no go. Apparently they wont (or dont) prescribe the cough with codeine over teledoc. :roll:

Then after the teledoc I took an at-home test and tested positive for covid.  :laughhard:
I give up lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

I was wondering if your symptoms were that... b/c you sound like you felt and had what I felt/had when I had it, haha. Hope you feel better soon!

@Work still. I missed an hour and a half this morning and four hours yesterday due to not feeling super. The stress has my body out of whack for sure.

We are leaving tomorrow morning to go back up to St Louis until Sunday afternoon. Wanting her to not be by herself since she's waking up extremely disoriented due to meds and all. Hopefully we can get some good news from the docs soon.