News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Oh man. Praying, Tia. I had to look up to see what it was. Rare. And of all things, a lung inflammation is not what you want during these Covid times..

Plugging through the last day of the workweek. Been out and about doing home visits. Dr visit yesterday showed another 10 lbs lost. Closer to backing out of the surgery....Still have around 15 lbs I want to lose.
Had plans to mow, etc tomorrow. But it's been rainy today and forecast more of the same tomorrow. Probably gonna be a "sit in the recliner" day.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Wound up going to Little Rock. Spent too much money on my girls. About to go to church today.One word sums me up- tired.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

My mom finally got released from the hospital today. Had a few times this past week even doctors weren't sure she'd make it through.

Roscoe

That's great news!
 Well, made it through today. Bought my tractor finally; gonna pick it up Wednesday, that's the soonest I could get off work to actually make the trip to Conway to get it.
Also managed to get the mics for church ordered. I guess it's about time; we've patched things together for 40 years. I splurged a bit- I got myself a boom mic, which frees me to actually walk as I preach. Hopefully they'll be in by Sunday.
 And I've decided to part with some of my ham radio stuff since I've not had time to be active in the hobby for the past year or two. Got a guy coming to look at some of it this week, likely. Not going to totally get out of the hobby, just scale back considerably.

Backseat Radio

My church had a guest preacher Sunday who refused to use the hands free mic and kept walking away from the pulpit and cordless mics. Made a real nightmare for the sound guys to record him.

Lynx

I know what THAT'S like!

The objective of the sound man is to go nuts adjusting things so everybody else doesn't notice anything is wrong. Sometimes, though, things are so wrong that people notice anyway.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Our central air died last night. We've been patching it for a while but I think the compressor is fried this time. Thankfully we already bought the replacement. Now, to get it installed...

Lynx

O.o

!!!!!

I'll say it's time to get that thing installed! This is no time to be in Texas without air conditioning.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi:
 Took off at lunch after having done a full days' work. Went and picked up the tractor and mowed the yard with it. Went from an hour to cut to about 20 to 30 minutes. I need dirt delivered to play with. :pound:

Nelle

@Work. Work day almost over now.

Enjoyed several days at my family's house. Hopefully avoided any sicknesses.

Great to see your mom was released!!

Backseat Radio

I started a no sugar challenge Monday morning and it's been torture. I've had severe headaches and muscle aches  all week from sugar withdrawal.

Lynx

No sugar challenge? Is this a facebook thing? Or did your doctor say to do this?

No way I'm giving up my boiled custard for a social media challenge. It would have to be a doctor telling me to do it. Even then I might throw a mug of boiled custard in his face...
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

The no sugar challenge is something that stems from the documentary "Fed Up". I'm a true junk food junkie so I decided to try the 10 days of giving up sugar and see if I did feel better when I got done. Doctor doesn't even know I'm trying it.

Roscoe

I've cut waaay back on my sugar intake thanks to the keto diet. I strangely find myself enjoying chinese food, which I formerly hated. A lot of it is keto friendly...
Thankful tomorrow is Friday.

Backseat Radio

I was shocked to discover just how many pre packaged foods contain added sugar.  I seem to be through the headache phase of withdraw but not quite through the muscle aches yet.

Roscoe

:hi: Glad it is Friday and just 2 hours until quitting time. Gonna work on the yard a tad, study for Sunday and enjoy not working. Next week starts my late day on Tuesday- meaning Tuesdays will be LOOOONG, but every other Monday I will be off. Kinda looking forward to that.

The Purple Fuzzy

Yesterday was quite a day. We still haven't quite finished hooking up the new a/c. (Thank you Jesus for that one window unit)

My uncle is in the hospital having surgery for colon cancer. My aunt had stayed with him all night and was coming home to rest and I suppose was so tired she missed a turn and had a wreck and was killed.
Then a guy that had stayed with us a while, trying to get on  his feet, His dad died.

Nelle

Wow. That's so sad. :( 

Glad you have a window unit for your home!

@Work against my will, obviously.

I'm struggling being nice today to someone who I feel has "done me wrong" recently. I'm working on it. :)

Lynx

I thought to make ice cream out of this homemade boiled custard I've been tinkering with for the past few months.

Turns out ice cream makers have improved a lot lately. No more ice and salt! :D

Some even come with their own compressors to freeze ice cream themselves.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

We finally got our air conditioner going. :)

Roscoe

:hi:
Fuzz, sorry to hear about your aunt.And your a/c.
 Slogging through the day.
Preached last night, hitting myself squarely between the eyes.
Got the new mic system in and working. Thought I needed an electrical engineering  degree to set it up. Being a ham made it easier...I've a bit of experience strewing wires around.
Very pleased with it. My 91 year  old former minister who sits in the back stated she heard every word I said and she thinks we need to go back to the old mics. Surprised,I asked her if it was that bad. She stated "Nope, but it convicted me".  Apparently  if she can't hear she isn't convicted. Lol.
Covid is on the rampage in our area again.