• Welcome to Godplace/Mission238 forums. Please login or sign up.

September 27, 2021, 03:14:23 pm

News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Twin hurricanes at sea in ...
Last post by Roscoe - Today at 02:40:22 pm
Urgh. Back at work.
And I'm being ornery.  My friend, during preaching,  enjoyed a moment of teasing me for my pretty shirt.( melon/peach colored dress shirt).
I've ordered a hideous thing off of Amazon for next Sunday just to mess with him. Yes, I AM going to wear it. 😆
Last post by Nelle - Today at 02:22:44 pm
"Merning."

@work. Not as tired as I have been on past Mondays thankfully. Worked on the church books last night to update our income/expenses reports, but encountered an issue so I have to figure out if I was just too tired to be handing numbers or if something is actually wrong in the math somewhere. It never seems to work right the first time haha.

I'm sorry to hear about that PF.

Last post by mini - Today at 12:43:23 pm
Morning everyone.
Last post by Roscoe - Today at 03:34:40 am
Shew. Did a bit of work today in the shop, installing lights. Bro Long, a mentor and friend called this morning and told me he might need to preach tonight.  (We have a standing acknowledgment- he's really been a rock for me and I trust him, when he says he has a word from God, I know it's true). So I put away the sermon God had given me Friday. Imagine my surprise when he stood tonight and with zero knowledge read MY title scripture and proceeded to preach the message God gave me.
Confirmation is a wonderful thing. Really uplifted me.
 Tomorrow- work. Bah. Then when I get home I can put up a few more lights. Got four 8' LED lights mounted already, Got six more to go. Gonna be like daylight in there. :-)
Last post by Lynx - Yesterday at 06:21:58 pm
Wire and insulate? Real men use battery powered shop lights and tough it out in whatever temperatures the season brings.

Yeah, I'd wire and insulate it too.
Last post by Roscoe - Yesterday at 12:00:48 am
And...Now. I am happy. Now I have to wire and insulate it. But man, is it nice. A twenty year dream....
Last post by Roscoe - September 25, 2021, 01:36:50 pm
Well, they are currently working away at putting up the shop. Pulled in about 20 minutes ago. Four hispanic guys that I suspect don't know 100 words of English between them..lol. We've managed to communicate a bit though. They seem happy, singing and laughing and they obviously know what they are doing. The company may be sucky but at least the workmen are nice...
Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - September 25, 2021, 02:06:02 am
I hope they show up for you. I hate when folks don't keep their word.
Last post by Roscoe - September 25, 2021, 01:47:39 am
Man. Sorry to hear that Fuzz.
Been an eventful two days. First of all the building company did NOT put up my building Thursday. They called and postponed it until tomorrow (Saturday). I did NOT like this and they know it. They better be here in the morning.
Went to the mountain with my uncle for the fall car show. Enjoyed visiting with him. Bought one thing- a tiny replica of Sam's hood ornament fashioned into a key rack.
Now, I hope tomorrow I can share pics of a shop. I'm not holding my breath though. :mad:
Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - September 24, 2021, 11:58:12 pm
My sister in-laws mom just died of the virus. She had Alzheimer's but I guess couldn't fight off the virus.
Pages1 2 3 4 ... 10