News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
Another work day. And in interesting sharing, some of you might get a giggle...I have an offender who I've supervised pretty much the entire time I've been here, with breaks due to his stints in prison. (He is a "can't get right".) :biglaugh:
So, day before yesterday, he comes in to see me, is in full compliance, we joke and as he is leaving he says "Hey, I know you are a car guy- would you want to buy a Charger ScatPack?" He explained he'd bought it before going to prison, had hydroplaned and wrecked it so it needed some bodywork, but was drivable. He gave me a very good price.
I politely thanked him for the offer, explained that I could not purchase anything from an offender even if I wanted to as it would be a conflict of interest, and wished him well selling it.
Yesterday morning about 130, I got notification my guy was in jail in an adjoining county. Charges? Altering a VIN and Theft by Receiving. Yes. The car he was arrested in- was the car he tried to sell me. Yes. It was STOLEN out of Texas. Probably not a good career move to try to sell your P.O. a stolen car.... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Haha wow Bobby he really cant get it right LOL

T-minus 1 day till vacation. :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, maybe he just wanted to go back to jail. :eyebrow:

Lynx

Bobby I have heard of that happening in fiction, but never in real life.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

It happens.
Hi, all. Glad it is Friday!!Ready for the weekend.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Got a house full this weekend. Dina & Alex and kids.

Roscoe

Storms. They are walloping us again.  One of our saints went home from church to find a tree had crushed her back room and her deep freeze.
Over it.

Nelle

@work.

Jeremy ended up coming home early on Friday evening with Athena (Belgian Malinois). Our cat Tabby does not appreciate this new addition and is making that abundantly clear to her little sister. Athena has been very kind and ignores her, but I have to find a way to get Tabby to stop. Hopefully she grows out of it, haha.

Athena is at work with me today (and every day after this until paperwork clears back) until Jeremy can take her with him officially. She's doing fine, but I hate that she's stuck in her kennel with limited interactions.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm so happy that I got to see all my grandkids this weekend.
All left now, except one. I'm tired.

It was my step sisters 60th birthday.

Lynx

I don't really have anything to say, so I'm trying to not say it. But I'm still here.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I'm here too. Been busy week. I did enjoy an extra day off this week, chasing old cars. Had to play catch up today. Looking forward to next week and another four day weekend.. :lol:

Backseat Radio

I've been too exhausted this week to post much. My life has been work, crash nap in the afternoon since I can't stay awake, then barely sleeping at night. Hoping I can stay awake for church tonight since I'm on ProPresenter duty.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been too hot in the afternoons. I know why some countries have siestas.

Roscoe

It has been warm no doubt.  Got a sister that broke her hip yesterday and is in the hospital. A saint that is back in the hospital. And no time to get there to check on them until possibly this weekend, unless I can slip down this evening.
Lawd.

Backseat Radio

Finally managed to get my yard mowed before the next batch of storms roll in. I'd let the yard go for a couple weeks because of being sick. Then Tuesday when I had originally planned to mow, the wildlife smoke drifting in from Canada was thick enough to burn my eyes.

Lynx

Observation on the way home...

There's nothing quite like the hilarious sight of a guy in a flashy neon yellow sports car, trying to make a big deal of his acceleration power, in a 30 mph speed zone. Yes we are very impressed.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on June 29, 2023, 09:57:15 PMObservation on the way home...

There's nothing quite like the hilarious sight of a guy in a flashy neon yellow sports car, trying to make a big deal of his acceleration power, in a 30 mph speed zone. Yes we are very impressed.

Sounds more like the way to get an impressively expensive ticket.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on June 29, 2023, 10:15:53 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 29, 2023, 09:57:15 PMObservation on the way home...

Sounds more like the way to get an impressively expensive ticket.
Nah... Like one guy said about a friend of his who liked to show off, "there's a law about how fast he can go, but there ain't no law about how fast he can get up to that speed."

But when the top speed is 30, it looks really silly.

Now if the speed limit was naughty it would be really impressive how fast he could take off.

I said if the speed limit was 90, but I think I'm going to leave that speech to text typo because it seems oddly fitting...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

It's alot of fun to play with those sports cars....no matter the speed limit until this guy shows up. :copcar: 
Thank de Lawd it is Friday, even if it is hot enough to grill a steak to medium rare on the sidewalk.
I heard tell that Gabriel asked God what he was cooking. God told him "Arkansas". Gabriel told Him "I think you've burned it".  :lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, the last of my company left this morning. That was too many weeks in a row for an introvert.

Roscoe

:hi:
Been busy few days with much of nothing going my way. LOL.
And now for the second night in a row, sleep evades me. SO I sit in a recliner, wide eyed, and browse the world wide web...
Maybe I can get some sleep later and get up and do some work tomorrow on Rusty and Sam

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 30, 2023, 02:17:28 PMIt's alot of fun to play with those sports cars....no matter the speed limit until this guy shows up. :copcar: 
Hmph. You used to BE "this guy." Traitor!

What would past you think of future you if past you had to pull future you over for speeding and give you a ticket?  :nono:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's too early for my brain to process all those "past you and future yous"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 03, 2023, 02:50:46 PMIt's too early for my brain to process all those "past you and future yous"

My brain didn't process them at first either.

The Pop social at church got postponed because of storms which gave me time to get a few more roped into some shenanigans we have planned.  Since there's already going to be a water balloon fight, a handful of us plan to show up with loaded super soakers and go after Pastor.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on July 03, 2023, 09:03:51 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 03, 2023, 02:50:46 PMIt's too early for my brain to process all those "past you and future yous"

My brain didn't process them at first either.

The Pop social at church got postponed because of storms which gave me time to get a few more roped into some shenanigans we have planned.  Since there's already going to be a water balloon fight, a handful of us plan to show up with loaded super soakers and go after Pastor.
Wait, what? Y'all plan to get wet and make others wet, but a little rain stops the show?
"Do you sing at church?"