News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

MJJ - Will be praying for you. Peace sometimes can definitely be worth a lot. Either way, God will help you!

@Work.

I'm officially on BP meds. Pharmacist told me to ease myself into the meds, so I took one at bedtime last night, and will take one at bedtime tonight, then full on tomorrow. (I have to take one in AM and one in PM.) Really hoping this helps me!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 23, 2023, 12:48:14 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 22, 2023, 08:30:40 PMBoss made me cry again today giving me "feedback that I was rude and disrespectful" when I just simply replied to her question directly and to the point.

I am applying literally on the daily for internal jobs to move into (because I really don't want to lose my tenure with CVS - 22 years come August), but at this point I'm gonna have to start trying outside the company. So disheartening to not be able to get anywhere.
I can empathize. I tend to be more blunt/to the point and it can be considered rude, especially in an email where they can't hear your tone of voice. It's disheartening when you weren't trying to be rude.

It's more that she is just mad I was "direct" with her with other people listening. I'm direct to her all of the time. But this was with other people listening so her pride got mad.

I'm in a super tough spot. Cus I don't respect her as a leader or as my boss and it's becoming increasingly hard to even be cordial to her sometimes. When I ask for things 3-4 times over a span of 2-3 weeks and then when it escalates it's my fault even though I had been asking her multiple times. OF course I'm going to get direct with you...you've irritated me at that point.

Really appreciate any prayers ya'll can throw my way. I don't want to lose my seniority either Bobby but at this point I just need out. And that's scary cus I've never done anything else, or worked anywhere else. But my mental health when I'm working is in the tank. Some days I take it out on the hubbs and that's not fair to him.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

I'm super sore today after yesterday's bike crash. Had planned to mow today but I think I'll wait a few more days on that to let my muscles recover.

Backseat Radio

Decided vacation meant I needed a Big Mac combo and chocolate shake on day one. Pretty tasty start to vacation. :food:
The McDonalds here has forgotten that table service means they bring the food to your table not set it on the counter and holler "table 39".

Lynx

Mochi!

I found red bean mochi at the salvage grocery! Mildly sweet rice starch ball (soft but gummy, like a cross between marshmallow and soft jelly bean) with sweetened red bean paste inside. It's a Japanese thing...

And there are six in a box, and they are 49 cents a box, so I bought 36 boxes. :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Sounds weird, Isaac...

Glad you didn't get too hurt from the bicycle, Tia.

Roscoe

I concur on both statements Fuzzy has made.
Made it through the day. Got home and while going through the church fb page, I stumbled upon Bro Wilson preaching one night a year or so ago on a night I was sick. His comments about me made me cry. Hearing his voice again made me cry. I'm just a ball of emotions tonight.  :biglaugh: 
Lord, I miss that old man more than he would ever believe. His preaching; his advise; but most of all the time spent with him and his friendship.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 24, 2023, 12:24:26 AMSounds weird, Isaac...
Yeah the Japanese probably think the same thing about white gravy and biscuits. Don't get me started about poutine...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Never have got the poutine thing myself. But biscuits and gravy...
I wonder how Seth would like that Japanese delicacy you describe? He's all about red beans.... :lol:
Sitting at my desk strongly considering a run on a local restaurant. I am starving despite not needing to eat..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Jeremy really likes mochi. I think it's too sticky for me.

@Work. Eating pears for lunch. They have sucralose instead of regular sweetener... and they taste not as good as normal.

First full day of bp meds. So far so good... I'll really find out tonight when I take my BP again.

Jeremy left last night to stay near the airport in STL so he could fly out early this morning to AZ. He arrived safely a few hours ago. Now I'm waiting on my mom to appear in my home. I tried to warn our cat, hahaha.

We have bible study & fundraiser dinner this evening at church. I'm really excited for some chicken tetrazzini. I work tomorrow, and then I'm off until Tuesday morning, which is also the day Jeremy comes home and so does my momma.

Nelle

I forgot to add..

I sometimes go to our church facebook and listen to some old services to hear our uncle/pastor's voice. It's nice sometimes to hear that. Jeremy also will sometimes play voicemails left from his grandpa who passed the year after our uncle.

I wish I had videos of my grandparents.

Lynx

This mochi is coated with powdered sugar.

Rather chewy though. If not for the powdered sugar it would be extremely sticky.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Hi. My day is fueled by coffee and unrealized hatred.
Otherwise doing well.
Completed my bible study last night, then ran off and left my work phone at church, thereby causing panic this morning.
 People need to show up and then leave. Quickly, after seeing me. So far I've had two fail to show up out of three scheduled...

Nelle

@Work. Forgot to grab lunch to bring today.

The chicken tetrazzini was yum last night. I still ended up over my sodium even tho I was trying to be super careful hahaha.

Tabby woke me up so early this morning.. and I can't figure out why she needs me to be awake when she had food, but oh well! lol.. She was sweet about it at least.

Dentist appointment at 4 today to get my permanent crown and then I'm off until Tuesday.. I'm hoping this is more relaxing than it sounds. We have prayer walk in Anna (where I live) on Saturday, church Sunday morning, surprise birthday party for a coworker's granddaughter Sunday afternoon, then Monday we have the church picnic. We have limited time to go do things, but we will make the best of it!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on May 25, 2023, 01:23:35 PMHi. My day is fueled by coffee and unrealized hatred.

Unrealized hatred forrrr??
mornings?
coffee?
people?
work?

:hypocrite:  :pound:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 26, 2023, 02:51:37 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on May 25, 2023, 01:23:35 PMHi. My day is fueled by coffee and unrealized hatred.

Unrealized hatred forrrr??
mornings?
coffee?
people?
work?

:hypocrite:  :pound:
Yes.
All the above-except coffee.
Leaving nothing else out.

I should totally move to the hills and be a hermit.

Roscoe

And in sharing, went cruising today. Around 200  miles of back roads. As an added benefit, got to talk bible/God/ church with my coworker. I love these days- it shows me God is working on her...

The Purple Fuzzy

Today has been a busy day. We went to some yard sales, the grocery store then had to rush home cause my mama was at our gate bringing me a birthday gift. Then tried to head back to town and my daddy called, so we just rerouted and headed by his house, then finally made it to Walmart.
Also, my daddy gave me a bunch of blackberries to make jelly with. :)

Lynx

I now have more than 70 boxes of mochi.

What? I'll probably never see it again...
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Yesterday we were really busy. Memorial Day weekend, you know.

I am a registered card carrying nerd, but even I know how to party better than just grabbing some McDonald's food on a holiday. That's sad. So many people in this town who don't even know how to party as well as a nerd.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Hi. Busy today with church things. Been a long day. Yesterday, I sprayed the first coat of paint on Chey's vette. Got some slight repairs to do, and another coat will be applied, but at least it's one color now.

Roscoe

Man. No one on?
Today, I slept in. Finally got up, did some corrections on Chey's Corvette, then spent a bit of the day using stored lumber and old tin to build a small 8 foot wide, by 6 1/2 foot deep, by 7 foot tall "smoke shack"- a place to put my PitBoss smoker. I'd had it in the carport forever, but Lou would always pull in so close I had difficulty using it.  Now, with that smoke shack built in front of the new double carport I put up last fall, I have the perfect place to offer a sweet smelling savor to the Lord... :lol:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 30, 2023, 03:19:04 AMMan. No one on?
I mean... I could tell you the progress I made in a video game called Outward. I just crafted a coralhorn bow (real name, I didn't just now make it up) and got the jinx and torment skills. With all my speed boosting gear and stamina reductions, I can run around enemies forever like a lunatic and kill them from a distance without giving them a chance to touch me. Downside: Whenever I fight an enemy, Yakkity Sax keeps playing in my head.

That's all I got. I don't get out much these days.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Ugh. At work, where I've discovered the agency's planned 30 minute upgrade of our main system was started at 430...and still is down.
I'm really regretting not taking off today.