News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on October 07, 2021, 09:39:29 PMHi.
We always called spider lillies "naked ladies " around here. No idea where that came from, just a regional thing I guess.
Counting down to the weekend.
Lou starts her new job the 13th.
I'm happy for her,although  any chance of me sneaking a new car/motorcycle/ project loan through  without her knowledge  and permission is probably over now. 🤣
Still, bank teller will be much better for her health than dealing  with retail and all its drama.

Pardon my jaw drop... I didn't know those were the same flower! LOL..

@Work. Ready to go home like half our office, but until 3:30pm I stay.. I'm not bitter at all. LOL.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on October 08, 2021, 05:15:22 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 07, 2021, 09:39:29 PMHi.
We always called spider lillies "naked ladies " around here. No idea where that came from, just a regional thing I guess.
Counting down to the weekend.
Lou starts her new job the 13th.
I'm happy for her,although  any chance of me sneaking a new car/motorcycle/ project loan through  without her knowledge  and permission is probably over now. 🤣
Still, bank teller will be much better for her health than dealing  with retail and all its drama.

Pardon my jaw drop... I didn't know those were the same flower! LOL..

@Work. Ready to go home like half our office, but until 3:30pm I stay.. I'm not bitter at all. LOL.

Bah. Stuck at my office until 5pm.
And so much to do this weekend...
But most of it is stuff I wanna do.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Y'all, please pray for Seth. His mom passed just after midnight. :(

Roscoe

Saw that. I know it hurts, but at least she's not suffering now. From what Seth has said, she was dealing with alot of health issues.
In sharing- last night after having heard the washing machine sound like it is lunging out of the closet for the past few months, the dryer decided to quit too. Shew. Lord, I did NOT need to have to shell out the price of a washer and dryer right now. But, off to Lowe's we went and tomorrow Lou will have a new Maytag commercial rated washer and dryer. As bad as it hurt and as much finagling I'll have to do, I'm thankful we could actually do it.
Cost me a vacation day too, tomorrow to go get it..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

It hurts the wallet to purchase new, but it's sure nice to not have to fix it for a while though. We bought ours using the Lowe's card and did the interest free financing. I don't know who thought of doing that... and I'm sure they hope you don't pay it off in time so that you have to pay interest too.. but for some of us, it's a great help, haha.

@Work. Jeremy's home today for the federal holiday. Hopefully working on the house. I just have under two weeks until Mom comes and he goes on his hunting trip. I've got to get the house in tip top shape by then!

Roscoe

Good morning.
Tired. No sleep.Need prayer for an unspoken need

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I got lemon poppy seed oat bars. Pick them up for a $1.50 per box, 12 bars to the box, because the boxes were a little bit banged up.

Yep, that's as exciting as my life gets.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel's birthday was Monday and she usually wants a pineapple upside down cake but she's not eating sugar right now, so that was out. I told her she'd just have to pretend the brisket we fed her the other day was her birthday cake. ;)

MsJennJenn

Ugh I really need to cut sugar for myself too. My blood pressure isn't getting any better despite meds.
Dr told me I really need to be exercising. Sigh. Why are good habits so hard to create?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 13, 2021, 08:54:09 PMUgh I really need to cut sugar for myself too. My blood pressure isn't getting any better despite meds.
Dr told me I really need to be exercising. Sigh. Why are good habits so hard to create?
Because they are so hard to enjoy. (I write this from behind a bowl of homemade mint-chocolate pudding.)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Backseat Radio

I need to get back on the no sugar diet myself.  One cheat led to another cheat and now I'm eating all kinds of sugar again and the aches and pains in my spine are telling me about it... not to mention the bathroom scale.

MsJennJenn

Ya don't even get me started on what the scale says.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

When I feel like cooking, seems like it's usually dessert...

Tonight it's squash casserole & sopapilla cheesecake.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 15, 2021, 10:35:57 PMWhen I feel like cooking, seems like it's usually dessert...

Tonight it's squash casserole & sopapilla cheesecake.
Ugh... I've been around the guys at work too much.

At first glance I thought that was a tequila cheesecake.

Well they put rum (flavoring) on flan. Why not?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Yeah, sopapilla cheesecake would taste better anyway.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

I've never heard of these two items together, but it sounds delicious.

@Work. Project managing for the project manager instead of accounting for the receivables. :)

Mom comes in less than a week!

MsJennJenn

Pinterest it Nelle. It's SUPER easy to make and so good.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
Been soooo busy. Getting by though, despite being sick as can be the last couple of days.

GrumpyBear

Shoo. I haven't been here for over 6 months...? Well, How is everyone?

Good news! :lol: I got my permit... As of today, I am a legal driver.

May God have mercy on my poor old dad. Lol.
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3
Spending dad's money on cars, guns, and clothes since 2006;)

The Purple Fuzzy

Hey, Chey! You be nice to your poor dad. It's hard work letting kiddos grow up. ;)

Lynx

He mentioned your learner's permit a long time ago. Did you only just now get it? Or did you trade it in for a driver's license?
"Do you sing at church?"